Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Anyone got a screeenshot of the tooltip itself? So I can see the size if the hex and thusly, the word limit.

Engine Supplier.jpg Fuel Supplier.jpg Material Supplier.jpg Brake Supplier.jpg

I hope this are the right ones.

You could just edit the email that comes up prompting you to build the chassis for next year. Always spawns as it's the 'gate' to the chassis build and you have to answer it. I'm sure a brief description of each part could be done in Body1/Body2.
Good idea... however...
theyre not the same size box... I wonder if they're going to adjust to the amount of text I have,,, if so, I can be quite descriptive :)

And a new beta patch hits as well :) so delaying release once again until the new beta gets released onto the main branch :)

Sorry, but it takes me about 3 evenings to update the mod now (in the past when it was less sophisticated, it only took me one evening) - so it's not worth me updating while the devs are continually developing pushing out updates regularly.

• Road Car Factory now unlocks at level 3
  • Player Manager stats now start at 8 instead of 10
  • Improvability impact in Car Design has been doubled
  • Car crash traits such as Whiplash and Cracked Rib have been re-balanced to be more impactful
  • Car crash limit per race has been increased and re-balanced
Someone has been playing my mod ;) but doesn't want it to be that hard

What else mod's are there to play except yours and enzoli's :thumbsup:

- Fixed pre-season car info panel exploit
- Fixed being able to build parts during pre-season
- Fixed a bug where a team's fanbase would never increase or decrease
Hope that this are really fixed this time.

Also hope that they didn't break the game while adding all this staff.

I must admit that I used them sometimes.

Looking at the changes they made, will you change your mod too. I mean there are a lot of new changes witch where in your mod earlier. Will you adept your changes or not touch them at all?

• Car crash traits such as Whiplash and Cracked Rib have been re-balanced to be more impactful
Someone has been playing my mod ;) but doesn't want it to be that hard

I must admit that I used them sometimes.

Looking at the changes they made, will you change your mod too. I mean there are a lot of new changes witch where in your mod earlier. Will you adept your changes or not touch them at all?

In terms of cross overs..

Is identical to what i did

I changed it to 2... I'll keep it my way and continue with the balance of progression I had... it's simply harder this way.
I did x2.5 to make it relevant for my other chassis changes.
I probably made it (and everything else) more extreme and impactful. I'll be keeping it that way.
I'll see what they've done - I have it as upto 5 - if they're close to me, I'll let them overwrite it. If all they've done is make it 3 instead of 2... I'll re import my 5.

Pre season dilemmas have also been rebalanced so I may well not do my 1 star to 0.5 star change depending on what they've done.

Everything else will probably stay as it is - depending on what actual features they've added.

My vision for the mod hasn't changed, and even though they're moving some of their systems to reflect what I was doing, they're being more conservative then me - as they want their difficulty to be less brutal then mine. Of course, the better they make the AI and their core features, the less I need to do adjust things by.

It's nice, I can begin exploring new areas - such as marketability and climate.

Hey guys. I have no idea how to check this, but do you know which text assets this beta update changed, if any? I would assume it updated the dilemmas, personality traits, and interviews .txt files because those are addressed specifically in the patch notes. But is there anything else you guys have seen? Cheers.

Hey guys. I have no idea how to check this, but do you know which text assets this beta update changed, if any? I would assume it updated the dilemmas, personality traits, and interviews .txt files because those are addressed specifically in the patch notes. But is there anything else you guys have seen? Cheers.
Well... 1.3 hasn't actually been released to the beta branch yet. It was oddly announced before being made live. so no idea.

Announcement - state of this mod

Hmmm.... the 1.3 post was apparently a figment of our imagination ;) at least for the second...

However the devs are at some event this week - and the 1.3 patch must be close to being done - so I assume These two 'incidents' may arrive simultaneously. As such, I'm going to continue to wait for thier 'PR event' before working on an update.

Sorry that it's all taking so long for my regular users - you've all got saves that are still on hold - but given we have now had a glimpse of the future - I believe it's better to wait as they're not far in the future.

The patch notes we "didn't see" were extensive and could well require a 'new game' anyway to take advantage of some features.

So yeah :) thanks everyone who has been waiting patiently. I hope you're looking forward to this major update from the Devs - though the full patch notes are not visible to us, they really did contain some interesting points.

I expect when the beta hits, I'll have my hands full reassessing the features and how they interact with my mod. I expect a lot of the 'difficulty' related aspects to remain the same - but look forward to adding in my new features (marketability overhaul, grip level actually improving lap times, possible refining of fanbase if they've not done it already). I expect with the new systems the devs are adding, I will find lots of other avenues to mod too...

But what this means for you all now - is that some of you may want to consider letting go of your old saves and starting a new career with the new patch.

In the Meantime

So while I am not going to release a full update for some time it seems (I assume I'll spend most of the beta analysing and playing and designing - and waiting for it to go main before updating - and maybe spending more time on new features) I'm going to be bored twiddling my thumbs.

So I am going to be making some 'mini mods' to the game - which will focus on Testing some gameplay elements I want to see rebalanced (and see if they're worth adding to the next release). I'll probably be posting some links here and there to ones i need to see tested, and hoping that some of you will join me in experimenting. They're going to be stand alone and focusing on a couple of areas - things you can test over a single season.

I for one was talking with Brian yesterday about the fact we've never seen a fully wet race - and as such maybe we can change how the climate and the weather curbs work to add some interest to the weather system. Coops also sent me a list with serveral ideas which I am looking into and considering action - for example, he rather setup has more impact but wants to make it harder to get a good one... to which I am thinking "can I remove the 3 x smiley faces which tell you how close you are" - as this leaves you with a average percentage on total setup - and not nformation on which of the three areas need to be improved. It's going to make it harder as you're purely relying on driver feedback (which I hope will be correct).

I'll probably put out my 'Marketability' adjustment tonight/tomorrow for you to play with and check the balance of it (where's total marketability is relegated to current team position).

In addition, Brian already has a small mod adding about 30 new traits to the game - having a few testers would sure help him out. If all his traits work well, I believe that his intention is for me to add them to the mod (they're already balanced to my other personality trait tweaks). I also know he's working on some other 'tyre and race length' components and if that goes well, I'll be happy to introduce those changes too.

So yes, instead of sitting idle - I'll be working on these new areas. I hope you'll continue to be patient and I apologise for the wait - which I am sure will be worth it. And as always, all testing and feedback is appreciated.

I was bored for the new patch to got released. So I am excited now, just shoot your releases, ready to begin testing.
- Do I need to start a new game?
- Can I test yours and Brian's together. (just adding your and his txt files to resource file) or do I need to test them seperatly?

I was bored for the new patch to got released. So I am excited now, just shoot your releases, ready to begin testing.
- Do I need to start a new game?
- Can I test yours and Brian's together. (just adding your and his txt files to resource file) or do I need to test them seperatly?
New games are almost a must. Brian's personality traits are in new games only.

As for merging, it Depends what each bit entails. My assembly will work with his assets no problems. But If I work on climates, that that will need to be merged. I'll let you know with each thing wen I link to them.

Ah, I see. Well yes... but I'm not releasing my fulll assembly file. :) that's three days work which may be redundant in 5 days time. My mini mod assembles file may only he 1 or two largess tried and tested,

I can probably update my asset file to an 'experimental version' which works (and is mostly the same as the previous version) but my assembly won't be in harmony with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes