Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Every race again or just once?
every time you load the game.

You can not fix it, take the place of 5-6-7 instead of 4-6-8
um.... What's this about?

7 races into the season, yet to see a safety car. In one of the races, there were 5 crashes but the safety car did not come out at all. I think its the effect of 1.3 patch; may be its worth looking at that.

Odd, I'll have a look. I liked having multiple safety cars some timed. This with long races? Any else confirm?

every time you load the game.

um.... What's this about?

Odd, I'll have a look. I liked having multiple safety cars some timed. This with long races? Any else confirm?

I've only ran a couple of races in my new season, but my first race had 3 crashes, but only local yellows. Second race had one crash, a local yellow, and 2 retirements. I'm playing in the GT Challenger Series on medium length races in settings.

Can confirm, very few crashes, only seen 1 SC all season.

I've only ran a couple of races in my new season, but my first race had 3 crashes, but only local yellows. Second race had one crash, a local yellow, and 2 retirements. I'm playing in the GT Challenger Series on medium length races in settings.
I'll check locations.txt... I assume that's been changed a lot as there's only 5 critical parts for GT. Maybe the SC chances have been reduced

I'll check locations.txt... I assume that's been changed a lot as there's only 5 critical parts for GT. Maybe the SC chances have been reduced

A little off-topic, but something you mentioned a few days ago about how non-retiring crashes between drivers in GT work might have an effect. I've had two different incidents between my one driver and two other drivers where they hit my driver in the same race, and nothing ever broke on my car. Didn't even lose any reliability, that I noticed. Maybe there's been some tweak to the GT series that reduces crashes and safety cars? Maybe to reflect real life? I wouldn't know on the latter point, don't watch GT racing.

A little off-topic, but something you mentioned a few days ago about how non-retiring crashes between drivers in GT work might have an effect. I've had two different incidents between my one driver and two other drivers where they hit my driver in the same race, and nothing ever broke on my car. Didn't even lose any reliability, that I noticed. Maybe there's been some tweak to the GT series that reduces crashes and safety cars? Maybe to reflect real life? I wouldn't know on the latter point, don't watch GT racing.

Indeed, with no front wing to damage, I know not how impacts have been tweaked to gt... Maybe no damage actually happens, in TOCA (which is the only type of close Wheel racing I watched... in about 1999 era) collisions happened regularly, but there was never any damage (outside of minor bodywork) and never any penalties (fin most situations). Where F1 is a strict non contact sport, TOCA, was a lot more lienient with contact - at least practically.

But anyway, it's an area I'll look at in the dll.

We could really do with a GT watcher here for advice. For example, are GT cars generally closer then F1 cars? (I.e., could a back marker get a good result in a normal race? Do back markers even exist? Is driver skill superior?) I don't know enough about gt, and I want to make sure that the gameplay for the GT series isn't identical to the SS -

Another note.... in the dll, there has always been a Championship 1, championship 2 and championship 3 section. However, WMC, ERS and APSC were all in championship 1, the other two being blank. I think GT now occupies Championship 2...which means that championship 3 is already considered. I wonder whether they might go for two wheels next time.

Last edited:
Another note.... in the dll, there has always been a Championship 1, championship 2 and championship 3 section. However, WMC, ERS and APSC were all in championship 1, the other two being blank. I think GT now occupies Championship 2...which means that championship 3 is already considered. I wonder whether they might go for two wheels next time.

Maybe WRC
d88316b2d30c3047b04c7f527de1a9c0.jpg

GT racing is a funny one. It's pack racing, but when a new car comes in, I hear it runs away because the right amount of ballast cannot be applied because the car is an unknown until it races. The GT we have in game also does not wholly reflect real GT racing because it's all one-make, rather than multiple manufacturers.

I think that because of the ballast, driver skill counts for more because the better drivers have a slower car overall.

As for damage, big crashes almost always end in DNFs, but minor shunts are generally bodywork damage up to damaged suspension.

As for GT watchers, I'll ask around the couple of Discords I'm in (one is for Sim Racing), I'll see what I can find out.

Yes, the injector, if applied during the race, allows for a much deeper zoom. It was code I left in from crash

I've kind of figured out how to do this with the .dll - still can't access minZoom, but you can change LateUpdate to alter the clamp on mZoom.

this.mZoom = Mathf.Clamp(this.mZoom, this.minZoom - 120f, this.maxZoom + 1000f);

and the same for ApplyRotation if you want to get a lower angle view

case FreeRoamCamera.RotationAxis.All:
rhs = Quaternion.Euler(Mathf.Clamp(num + this.mOrbitSpeedX, this.minRotationX - 15f, this.maxRotationX + 8f), 0f, 0f);

that way you can take it out of the injector if you want to. Also might be useful if you need to access any other private serialized fields

I've kind of figured out how to do this with the .dll - still can't access minZoom, but you can change LateUpdate to alter the clamp on mZoom.

this.mZoom = Mathf.Clamp(this.mZoom, this.minZoom - 120f, this.maxZoom + 1000f);

and the same for ApplyRotation if you want to get a lower angle view

case FreeRoamCamera.RotationAxis.All:
rhs = Quaternion.Euler(Mathf.Clamp(num + this.mOrbitSpeedX, this.minRotationX - 15f, this.maxRotationX + 8f), 0f, 0f);

that way you can take it out of the injector if you want to. Also might be useful if you need to access any other private serialized fields

Ah, it was clamped later pushing out my desired zoom. That makes sense.

I don't know if people really want the zoom though. I like it personally, but then I am not worried about clipping and dodgy fades and graphic resolution of the track (oddly, the rest of the environment looks really nice even at close up) but I k ow it would irk some people. :) which is why I still fire up the injector.

I'll not remove it from the injector though, that's really just an abandoned file - I don't think anyone is continuing a save from the early version of the mod anymore - hell, I don't think many people at all still plans to continue a pre-1.3 save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%