Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
how does it work reduced mechanic
for my previous post:
i drive sauber
difficulty level:legend
no assist
i have install all files

oh yes, i know, but i don't understand what means all off rm, all on rm,anything
now i try race in germany and tyre wear it's ok for me and ia lap times very fast. as said earlier engine and gearbox wear reset when chenge session. if it is correct, is ok for me.

Can you make Ai 1.5 second faster on race and qualy on Legend difficulty? It's too easy, it gets anoying. I just got pole by 1,2 sec on a mclaren on abu dhabi. Also won by 7.5 sec over vettel! I want to be at least 1 second off pace in a mclaren-ferrari, and 2 sec off in an other team.

Can you make Ai 1.5 second faster on race and qualy on Legend difficulty? It's too easy, it gets anoying. I just got pole by 1,2 sec on a mclaren on abu dhabi. Also won by 7.5 sec over vettel! I want to be at least 1 second off pace in a mclaren-ferrari, and 2 sec off in an other team.
Please follow the posting instructions on the overview page....why don't people read? Seriously...it's my 2012 mod discussion all over again :mad:

Alright I'm struggling here. Some people find the tyre wear just fine (I'm assuming those people are using traction control).

I was just doing a 50% race at China, and 5 laps in my tyres look like this (they were red in the Car Monitor):
Player Tyre Wear.JPG

Then a moment later I close up to Massa there in the above picture, do a reply and get on the nose cam to check out his tyres, and they look like this:
No Tyre Wear.JPG

Brand new!

Now in 2012, with vlasovas's tyre mod installed, you could see tyre wear on the AI's cars. Here in 2013 it's like they never even drove in the race!
I'm starting to think the AI don't suffer from tyre wear like some people have been saying around CM forums...

Anyone else want to chime in on their findings?

Hey mate! :) First of all, congrats for the awesome Mod :D

Some tests I made so far:
Wheel: G27
Tried on the 'Professional' difficulty, no assists, all rules on, 100% race distance.
Track: Australia
Team: Mercedes (2nd driver)
Started 1st and finished 1st, no surprise, since it was in professional mode. Tried a two-stop approach (trying to repeat Kimi's strategy hehe), but had to change on lap 30. So far okay...

But what caught up my attention was the fact that 12 drivers had retired by lap 30! O: Strange isn't it? Apparently, most were due to crashes, so I thought it might have something to do with loose_parts. Dunno if it is, though. Maybe it was just due to difficulty being professional. Any ideas?

Regardind the AI tyre wear issue, I'll try to pay attention tomorrow and take screenshots.

Anyways, keep up the good work! :)

I have found this in your states.bin:
"Ver1.6(F2013 P1) by Winner".
You are using my mod yet you never ask my permission and did not make any reference (Btw, I also gave you help on the conversion of xml to bin).
My good impression of you is totally destroyed.

Last edited:
You are using my mod yet you never ask my permission and did not make any reference (Btw, I also gave you help on the conversion of xml to bin).

Oh, I saw it in the debugging menu and thought you have given your consent. So he used your file and just changed Williams to Forceindia ? lol.

@snthennumbers I have only done one 50% race on career at Australia but the tyre wear seems okay to me. During the race some of the AI around me were on a different strategy and with vlasovas's 2013 tyre mod I could clearly see their tyres with wear on them. They were also struggling for pace as I was able to pass them without much of a fight after just having a pit stop, compared to AI on the same strategy as myself.

At one point in the race my options tyres did go red slightly one lap before my pitstop was due but I believe that happened because I was pushing and not looking after them as much.

For the record I drive with no ABS or TC with 360 for windows controller.

On a different note I noticed the AI are very slow though the final chicane at montreal which has always sorta been an issue but since it is easier to 'straight line' and use the kerbs since it is flatter this year, the slowness is amplified.

hi could some one help is please im trying to do a fresh install of the game on steam to get rid of the mods but wen i do a fresh install the mods are still there and is any one else haveing daft quali times like in q1 the was a 12 sec gap from 1st to last and in q3 a 6 sec gap from 1st to 10 th and how do u get the game to play on full screen cause it used to then now it just stays on window mode

Thanks for the details, and you seemed exacerbated so I figured this was an ongoing issue across multiple tracks for you.
Now that I have the info I need, the issue is clear:

ABS and Traction Control drastically reduce tyre wear. As well, Monaco and Montreal are low tyre wear tracks. CM coded them that way, and so did I with my new tyre wear model. Lastly, a 25% distance race at those tracks means your scheduled pitstop strategy brings you in before those tyres would have been worn if you were doing a 50% or 100% distance race. For instance with Monaco on a 50% distance race, you're told to stop on lap 11. With a 25% race, the race is only 20 laps long. So could you stay out on the Super Softs until lap 11/20? Sure, but then your hard compound tyres aren't being used effectively. The engineers realize this, so they bring you in on lap 8 or so in a 25% race at Monaco. So that, coupled with ABS and TCS, and no wonder you don't see any tyre wear. I'd expect to see the same thing with the vanilla game.

I myself have been testing some issues with Shanghai. The tyre wear there with no assists is so high I've started to have to use medium traction control just to keep the AI in sight during 50% races. So trust me, I've coded for tyre wear and it's using the same tyre longevity values CM used, with slightly modified team wear rates. I've just created more levels of track wear. There's only 3 by default, I've enabled 9, which gives me more flexibility to me more specific with tyre wear for each track. Good examples of this are Hungary and China. With the default game, tyre wear is incredibly high at these tracks to the point where you can't keep up with the AI after a few laps.
I'm rambling...the point is that tyre wear is enabled, but you're setting yourself up to not see much of it

Mate, even if Monaco and Montreal are maybe tracks with reduced tire wear, I should see some degradations on soft tires before pitting. I use Vlasovas tires so it's visible quickly when tires begin to be a little worn. I'm not saying I was expecting them to be destroyed (even if in the unmodified game I was observing quick degradation).

Can you look into it, something seems to be off, I should see some degradation, at least a little, now it's absolutely 0 (nothing when I show the car/tires HUD while racing, it's not normal because in the unmodified game there was)

hi could some one help is please im trying to do a fresh install of the game on steam to get rid of the mods but wen i do a fresh install the mods are still there and is any one else haveing daft quali times like in q1 the was a 12 sec gap from 1st to last and in q3 a 6 sec gap from 1st to 10 th and how do u get the game to play on full screen cause it used to then now it just stays on window mode

You mean when you start your game it stays on window mode ? I have exactly the same problem, don't know how to fix it permanently but just use Alt+Enter it will switch to full screen ;)

Plus some files won't be erased when you uninstall with Steam, especially mods because they are not recognized as original files. Just uninstall with steam, then go to the game directory and delete manually the files corresponding to the mods. Then reinstall your game - just be careful not to delete some config/or save files.

You mean when you start your game it stays on window mode ? I have exactly the same problem, don't know how to fix it permanently but just use Alt+Enter it will switch to full screen ;)

Plus some files won't be erased when you uninstall with Steam, especially mods because they are not recognized as original files. Just uninstall with steam, then go to the game directory and delete manually the files corresponding to the mods. Then reinstall your game - just be careful not to delete some config/or save files.
cheers

Did you guys notice on Austin prime tyres only last 6 laps?
It happened on practice and it's my first time that primes only last 6 laps after 17 races.
I'm second driver in Ferrari.

When i pressed pause I saw a new option on menu called "debug option", there was selected "option" for tyres, now maybe this setting forces prime tyres to be option tyres?

I really enjoy F1 2013. The tire wear is realistic, the AI is pretty good - the only thing that destroys everything is WAY TOO MUCH Grip in slow corners for the AI. I am struggling for special in Shanghai, try to shift early to have grip - but it seems that the AI has no real tire wear, they can boost out of the corner and go almost 1 second!! away. Can you please fix that? Would be so great. Thx.

Christ... @Tom Endres too:
excuse me for making a mistake. You ever make a mistake before? Yeah...happens, right? So with that being said, and to get all you monkeys off my back - I'm sorry I posted your file by mistake Winner.

For the record, when I'm modding with 15 different files open staring at code all over my screen, maybe I wind up modding the wrong file once in a while. So excuse me for missing a few lines of code amongst the 20,000+ lines in the states.bin file.

I'll take out the debugging options because apparently Winner owns the intellectual rights to that material.

....Winner, just because you did it first doesn't mean you're the only person who knows how to do it.
But hey, I'm all about making people happy, so we'll have it your way.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea