Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
100% susuka left in position 4 had a fight with webber for 7 laps and I could not go to drs bloquie degaste all my tires and shock: l but I liked was more difficult to pass webber and is excellent
sorry for my bad english

hi
in ai_driver_config
what value change to reduce the out of sight bug?
:O_o:
last year's mod description says:
Code:
<raOffsetMergeFactorAlone float="0.2" /> --> 0.5 (Makes AI which is racing "alone" [see the two below values] slightly twitchier, which slows them down slightly and leads to more realistic racing for the AI out of sight.)
<raAloneDistanceOn float="70.0" /> --> 100.0 (Distance in meters? away from car behind, that the car in front will stop considering the car behind’s presence)
<raAloneDistanceOff float="60.0" /> (Distance in meters? away from the car in front, that the car in front will start considering the car behind’s presence)

last year's mod description says:
Code:
<raOffsetMergeFactorAlone float="0.2" /> --> 0.5 (Makes AI which is racing "alone" [see the two below values] slightly twitchier, which slows them down slightly and leads to more realistic racing for the AI out of sight.)
<raAloneDistanceOn float="70.0" /> --> 100.0 (Distance in meters? away from car behind, that the car in front will stop considering the car behind’s presence)
<raAloneDistanceOff float="60.0" /> (Distance in meters? away from the car in front, that the car in front will start considering the car behind’s presence)

I thought I had improved the out of sight bug, but to be honest I don't think I've made a dent in it.
I'm at China in Career mode, 50% race, driving with Ferrari on Legend, no assists, and a wheel. For the life of me I can't match the AI's pace after about lap 3. My tyres go off and by lap 5 im driving on ice...meanwhile the AI is constantly catching me up, and when they pass....off they go into the distance. To top it off, the AI goes purple on lap 5...which, if they were affected by tyre wear like me, would be impossible.
Now, I'm not a perfect driver, but by no means am I bad. I've been very diligent lately while testing about staying on the racing line, avoiding curbs, avoiding wheelspin, etc...but like a few others have said - the AI just bolts out of the slow corners and doesn't seem to be affected anywhere near as bad as me by tyre wear (case in point - going purple when their tyres should be heavily worn).

Frustrating.....must...find...solution

I have to admit you've done a great job. really realistic sensation of drive but I'm still using ai_choreographer of http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/f1-mistakes-bad-luck-2013.983/ cause it's really extreme sense of the errors and cars

Well the ai_behaviour_fire.xml file in your mod is the exact same one that comes with F1 2013, and the ai_choreographer file simply has slightly lower mistake rates for the "concentration" values.
I raised the "concentration" mistake rate in an effort to slow down the AI which was out of sight. "Concentration" values handle the mistakes of the AI out of sight, the other values handle mistake rates for AI cars nearby.

So....there's not much of a difference but hey, to each their own

I thought I had improved the out of sight bug, but to be honest I don't think I've made a dent in it.
I'm at China in Career mode, 50% race, driving with Ferrari on Legend, no assists, and a wheel. For the life of me I can't match the AI's pace after about lap 3. My tyres go off and by lap 5 im driving on ice...meanwhile the AI is constantly catching me up, and when they pass....off they go into the distance. To top it off, the AI goes purple on lap 5...which, if they were affected by tyre wear like me, would be impossible.
Now, I'm not a perfect driver, but by no means am I bad. I've been very diligent lately while testing about staying on the racing line, avoiding curbs, avoiding wheelspin, etc...but like a few others have said - the AI just bolts out of the slow corners and doesn't seem to be affected anywhere near as bad as me by tyre wear (case in point - going purple when their tyres should be heavily worn).

Frustrating.....must...find...solution

I know there is a bug that the ai post their best laps just before they pit. I check at Texas 100% race, their laptimes will go slower as the laps go on and then just before they pit they post a very quick lap.

Or.... it might be with certain tracks like Silverstone you get a very fast lap on your in lap as you trigger the timer in the pitlane which is a closer route to the start/finish?:O_o:

No, checked again, they will do 2 or 3 very fast laps just before they pit on their very worn tyres.:mad:

Last edited:
I know there is a bug that the ai post their best laps just before they pit. I check at Texas 100% race, their laptimes will go slower as the laps go on and then just before they pit they post a very quick lap.

Or.... it might be with certain tracks like Silverstone you get a very fast lap on your in lap as you trigger the timer in the pitlane which is a closer route to the start/finish?:O_o:

No, checked again, they will do 2 or 3 very fast laps just before they pit on their very worn tyres.:mad:

If you check the race director during the race and check the AI's laptimes...they're WAY too consistently fast...this indicates to me that tyre wear for the AI is either drastically lower than that of the Player, or does not exist at all. I have a hard time believing CM when they say the AI is "coasting through corners" and "using mix 1"...if that were true why can't I catch them?
I qualify on pace with the AI, so the pace of Legend is good for me, but the race....I'll be damned if they don't have some kind of advantage we're not seeing

I know this isn't really the best place to ask, but it my thread :p

Does anyone know how I can tell if my game is patched? I have steam set to automatically update the game....but I never actually see anything happen (maybe I miss it when I'm at work...)
But is there a way for me to confirm I'm patched to the latest patch? (patch #3)

If I right click my F1_2013.exe and go to the details tab, my file version is 1.0.0.3 ....is that the latest?

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know how I can tell if my game is patched? I have steam set to automatically update the game....but I never actually see anything happen (maybe I miss it when I'm at work...)
But is there a way for me to confirm I'm patched to the latest patch? (patch #3)

If I right click my F1_2013.exe and go to the details tab, my file version is 1.0.0.3 ....is that the latest?

Thanks in advance
You can also find it in the Game version file in the installed folder to see the details

Thanks in advance
got same prob dont no if mine is patched i the it is with the 3 rd one cause it downloades it wen i went to play but nothing never happend wen other 2 come out

Hi,
great work so far. AI is more competitive now. But nevertheless i recognized, that AI is braking very early for the next corner when they are driving beside racing line. so, in many cases, they do not finish their overtaking move, even they are driving beside (or a bit infront of) me. I'm of the opinion, that this is already getting better with your mod but it is still a disappointing behaviour of ai. did you do something with the ai files to customize this and if yes, could you tell me which file i need to adjust.

thx and keep going the good work.

Hi,
great work so far. AI is more competitive now. But nevertheless i recognized, that AI is braking very early for the next corner when they are driving beside racing line. so, in many cases, they do not finish their overtaking move, even they are driving beside (or a bit infront of) me. I'm of the opinion, that this is already getting better with your mod but it is still a disappointing behaviour of ai. did you do something with the ai files to customize this and if yes, could you tell me which file i need to adjust.

thx and keep going the good work.

It's not me, its the exe. I've tried modifying how the AI blocks based on the "bl" parameters in the ai_driver_config.xml file but have had no luck whatsoever.
I'm finding the AI to be very aggressive most of the time and they typically don't back out....try turn 1 at Shanghai when they come up on your butt with DRS....they'll sneak right by on the inside if they can.
They only time I find them backing out is when they've decided to defend (this is less prevalent than it was in 2012 which is technically good, because there's fewer situations when they take that defensive line and thus slow down), or if they know they're not going to be able to make the pass (call it "AI self-preservation")...this is less prevalent, but still happens from time to time - it's CM's way of balancing out the issue we saw in 2012. Overall not a bad job by CM, but they definitely should have addressed the issue of the AI slowing down unnecessarily when they do finally take a defensive line.

So big picture:
The AI tends to stay on the racing line more than in 2012 - this makes it a little more interesting for the Player when trying to pass, because we need to concede to them if they're ahead of us - again, you'll notice its more rare that they take a defensive line. Likewise, if the Player is ahead and has the advantage, you'll see the AI concede and back off a little if they can't make the move. Other times their aggression takes over and they try it anyway and you get into a good battle with them. It all depends on the situation and turn. For instance, this defensive line is more notable going towards turn 11 at China...but on the front straight going into turn 1, they won't move an inch lol.

So finally, from where I'm sitting I find the AI to be notably improved over 2012, so I'm trying not to complain too much. I realize blocking could use some improvement, but I've yet to find any means to adjust how the AI blocks (I'm therefore assuming this behaviour is handled in the exe with 2013, like overtaking is and was in 2012....however in 2012 I did have some customization ability over blocking...c'est la vie)

@Kartik Sri Harsha I checked that file, but it was a little cryptic...just says the version is "907423".
I'm pretty sure right clicking the exe > properties > details tab gives the right info of version 1.0.0.3
ive just done a fresh install of game but never updated patches but wen i went into propertys went on to keep game updated auticmaticley changed it to hi priority the downloaded something after i changed it i dont no wat like

Good day kind sir. I was wondering how I can use you're mod without the top teams after young driver test. I like the AI but I also like to start and give me a challenge with the backmarker teams. Oh and drove a 100% race today. never had such a nice race. Nice AI wheel to wheel battle's

ausresults.jpg

Woo-hoo! 11 retirements in the first race of the season (career)!
Started 10th (in order to start on primes) and ended up 4-stopping because the wear was insane. I've never run a set of tyres until I simply couldn't drive - but today I did!

Finished 7th

Primes did 9 laps at the very max, SS did around 5 - not sure if this is what was intended? The DNFs are a major issue.

Will be going back to the other AI/tyre wear mods until this has been remedied :):):)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back