IF YOU WANT TO USE MY FILES IN YOUR MOD(S), GO FOR IT. YOU DON'T NEED TO ASK. JUST BE SURE TO GIVE CREDIT TO THE PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS MOD.
Once again I'm happy to be able to release True to Life AI for the official F1 2013 game by CodeMasters. Here's a snapshot of what's included:
- corrected braking points and cornering speed for the AI across all tracks
- AI overall "intelligence" has been improved
- Created a revised tyre wear model giving more individual wear characteristics to each track, and also making suggested pitstop stategies attainable. Most, if not all tracks should also have realistic suggested pit stop strategies
- Increased damage sensitivity for Player and AI
- Adjusted tyre wear rates for all teams to lower the variation (some teams were gaining huge advantages because of excessively low tyre wear rates)
- Lowered the penalty system's sensitivity towards collisions
- Enabled 99 flashbacks (do not touch the flashback setting in the settings menu. Don't even scroll down to it)
- Safety Car performance has been lowered to allow all cars to catch up to the queue
- Adjusted engine and gearbox wear rates so the wear on the car feels more tangible over the course of a race
- Lowered grip levels for some non-tarmac surfaces
- Unlocked top 7 teams after the Young Driver's Test (see details in Young Driver's Test Section)
- A Dry Weather Only mod is also included for those of you, like me, who feel the wet weather races are just rubbish
Rule #1: Read this page before posting in the discussion.
- This will not corrupt your profile, and you may continue an existing Career
- This mod works for all difficulty levels
- This mod will not work with online gameplay
- Engine and gearbox wear does not carry over from Practice and Qualifying even with parc ferme on...not sure why
- If it's important to you, make sure it's backed up!
- Turn 15 at Monaco the AI sometimes crashes. This happens in the default game as well, and has yet to be solved
- I recommend you do a complete reinstallation (not just a Steam file verification) of the game before installing this mod to ensure there are no components from other mods left behind, which typically cause problems.
- If you insist on installing other mods alongside this mod, please ensure that you install this mod last to avoid conflicts
The Nuts & Bolts:
- Included vlasovas’s 2013 tyre mod because it’s awesome. Huge thank you to vlasovas!
- Removed braking early as a mistake event
- Slowed down the safety car, allowing all AI cars to catch up to the queue
- Lowered the gap between cars when the Safety Car is on it’s in-lap
- Lowered AI speed by 1.0% – 1.5% in wet weather
- Reduced AI aggressiveness when overtaking, resulting in less rear ending
- Increased damage sensitivity for Player and AI to a more realistic, yet manageable level
- Created a revised tyre wear model which gives more individualized tyre wear per track and fixes issues where tyre wear was too excessive at some tracks (e.g. China, Hungary) making suggesting pit stop strategies unattainable. Most tracks will also have realistic suggested pit stop strategies
- Various adjustments to individual driver performance
- Adjusted tyre compounds for Texas and Brazil as per the October 10th Pirelli press release
- Slight increase to fuel usage per lap at Hungary
- Various adjustments to tyre wear rates per team as some teams were gaining huge advantages at some tracks (namely tracks where the Medium and Hard compounds are used)
- Adjusted driver & team performance so that fewer cars get lapped over the course of a race
- Scaled pitstop times per team more appropriately so there wasn't such a large variation
- Lowered penalty system sensitivity towards collisions
- Added 99 flashbacks
- Huge thanks to Petar Tasev for updating the database editor!
Cars (CTF files):
- inertia_x values (aka the car’s resistance to forward motion) lowered for Ferrari, and increased for: Marussia, Caterham, Torro Rosso, Sauber, Williams
- Raised mass of McLaren for the Player from 650kg to 664kg
- Lowered Player grip levels by 4% front and 3.5% rear at Melbourne
- Lowered Player grip levels by 3.5% front and 4% rear at Canada
- Lowered Player grip levels by 2% front and 2% rear at Silverstone
- Lowered Player grip levels by 4% front and 3% rear at Monza
- Lowered Player grip levels by 3% front and 1% rear at Abu Dhabi
Adjusted braking points and/or cornering speed at the following locations:
- Melbourne: [race start], 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Sepang: [race start], 1, 2, 4, 9, 14, 15
- China: [race start], 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
- Bahrain: [race start], 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14/15
- Spain: [race start], 1, 4, 5, 10, 13
- Monaco: [race start], 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 18
- Canada: [race start], 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 11, 13, 14
- Britain: [race start], 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, 15
- Nurburgring: [race start], 1, 2, 5, 8, 10, 13
- Hungary: [race start], 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12
- Spa: [race start], 1, Eau Rouge, 5
- Monza: [race start], 1, 4, 8, 11
- Singapore: [race start], 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21
- Korea: [race start], 3
- Japan: [race start (did the best I could)], 1, 8, 9, 11
- India: [race start], 1, 4, 5
- Abu Dhabi: [race start], 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19
- Texas: [race start], 1, 12
- Brazil: [race start], 1, 6, 7, 14
- Increased engine and gearbox wear rates
- Increased the likelihood of a blowout occurring
- Lowered grip levels for some non-tarmac surfaces by 1-2%
Young Driver’s Test:
- Made top 7 teams available after the Young Driver’s Test. I tried making all of them available, but having more than 7 caused issues. The teams I've made available are:
o Red Bull
o Force India
- You must complete day 1 of the YDT in order to unlock top teams
If you've made it this far, thank you for actually reading! Please feel free to leave constructive feedback or suggestions by posting on the discussion page, "Like" the mod, or leave a review by clicking the stars on the right-hand side of this page...or do all three!
True to Life AI 1.6.2
Notably improves the competition between Player and AI
Great mod. Takes F1 2013 to a different level and makes it more enjoyable. However I don't like the fact that I can't start with bottom teams like Marussia or Caterham and have to choose Red Bull, Ferrari, etc because it takes away the enjoyment of having to come up through the ranks to be a top level F1 driver. Anyways that's the only problem I have but otherwise it's a fantastic mod and has finally brought F1 2013 back to life for me. I really appreciate your work and keep it up.
I was a little bit unsure about this mod, I read all the good reviews and decided to give it a chance, after all F1 2013 became a bit dull after half a season. I was obliterated in the first quali, in Spa, but decided to go on (I was almost never nocked out on Q1).
The race was absolutely awesome, some real wheel to wheel action saw me go trough the pack to finish 8th, after both Ferraris had some trouble.
Recommended 100%. This is a must have for everyone on PC.