Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
snthennumbers updated True to Life AI with a new update entry:

Still under construction - feedback needed!

Please remember the posting rules found on the overview page when you are contributing to the discussion with feedback, criticism, and suggestions. This helps me help you.

True to Life AI 1.1 release notes:
AI:

- Further improvements to the out of sight bug
- Adjusted AI retirement threshold as I found AI cars in practice driving around with blown tyres and not returning to the pits

Cars:
- Gave the Player the exact same CTF files the AI is using. After comparing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi, i try your mode and i think that is fantastic. but i noticed a few things.firts i satisfy your discussion rules:
i install all the files exception to the mod of led.
i'm playing with legend level
no assist used
i'm driving sauber
track---->germany
50% race lenght

now, i think that the ai is very aggressive, and it is very good, but are too apt at the collision and than must to retire. in two race (germany and canada) many top driver retire and i, who was in 11 position, finish 5. in canada finsh race only 14 cars due to accident
the gearbox and engine wear zero after change session.
in germany tyre wear is more high than canada and great britain, maybe due to different type of tracks.

Shanghai is almost fine. But turn 12 + 13 is still to much grip for the ai. I am sliding all the time, even with fresh tyres. Fix this and Shanghai is fine, thanks! :)

hi, i try your mode and i think that is fantastic. but i noticed a few things.firts i satisfy your discussion rules:
no assist used
i'm driving sauber
track---->germany
50% race lenght

now, i think that the ai is very aggressive, and it is very good, but are too apt at the collision and than must to retire. in two race (germany and canada) many top driver retire and i, who was in 11 position, finish 5. in canada finsh race only 14 cars due to accident
in germany tyre wear is more high than canada and great britain, maybe due to different type of tracks.
perhaps good to put the origine loose parts sitting if the IA is good but have too much accident

Christ... @Tom Endres too:
excuse me for making a mistake. You ever make a mistake before? Yeah...happens, right? So with that being said, and to get all you monkeys off my back - I'm sorry I posted your file by mistake Winner.

For the record, when I'm modding with 15 different files open staring at code all over my screen, maybe I wind up modding the wrong file once in a while. So excuse me for missing a few lines of code amongst the 20,000+ lines in the states.bin file.

I'll take out the debugging options because apparently Winner owns the intellectual rights to that material.

....Winner, just because you did it first doesn't mean you're the only person who knows how to do it.
But hey, I'm all about making people happy, so we'll have it your way.
well said

no assist used
i'm driving sauber
track---->germany
50% race lenght

Did you happen to see any indication as to why they were retiring? Was it due to accidents? (I've seen the AI break a couple front wings at Canada on the final chicane, havent tested Germany though...I'll assume they're crashing at the final chicane as well...)

I'll check tyre wear at Germany, I probably set it too high. I've been trying to replicate real life pitstop strategies but it doesn't seem to quite work for all tracks.

I have to investigate this engine and gearbox wear not carrying over to other sessions. I think F1 2012 handled it the same way unfortunately, so no guarantees for a fix.

Finally, are these retirement issues still present with version 1.1 of this mod?

where is the f1 2013 save file stored?

By default it's at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata
or C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata

This is on the overview page... +1 to the list if people who haven't read it.

....I wonder if I should start keeping a list of usernames of people who haven't read the overview page on the overview page :p

By default it's at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata
or C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata

This is on the overview page... +1 to the list if people who haven't read it.

....I wonder if I should start keeping a list of usernames of people who haven't read the overview page on the overview page :p
okay I was in that folder, I see only one map with more maps in it. which number is f1 2013? otherwise if I back that folder up and paste it back I will lose my progress on other games

Hi there!

I'm so glad you came back to F1 2013 !!

You made the best mod ever for F1 2012, and I think that this name " True To Life" should be used by you and noone else, because with such name you created the best AI mod ever.

Thank you!

Looking forward to test your work!

Christ... @Tom Endres too:
excuse me for making a mistake. You ever make a mistake before? Yeah...happens, right? So with that being said, and to get all you monkeys off my back - I'm sorry I posted your file by mistake Winner.

For the record, when I'm modding with 15 different files open staring at code all over my screen, maybe I wind up modding the wrong file once in a while. So excuse me for missing a few lines of code amongst the 20,000+ lines in the states.bin file.

I'll take out the debugging options because apparently Winner owns the intellectual rights to that material.

....Winner, just because you did it first doesn't mean you're the only person who knows how to do it.
But hey, I'm all about making people happy, so we'll have it your way.

LAME

yes, i could see that the ai car collide against each other. in brakes the car behind hits the front car. also in the middle chicane. also with me, strike me sometimes. occasionally mistake alone and retire.

no, I have not been able to try new release. i hope try it this evening.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back