Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ausresults.jpg

Woo-hoo! 11 retirements in the first race of the season (career)!
Started 10th (in order to start on primes) and ended up 4-stopping because the wear was insane. I've never run a set of tyres until I simply couldn't drive - but today I did!

Finished 7th

Primes did 9 laps at the very max, SS did around 5 - not sure if this is what was intended? The DNFs are a major issue.

Will be going back to the other AI/tyre wear mods until this has been remedied :):):)

This is strange because I'm using this mod for some career races now and for me it seems to be quite balanced at the moment. I saw 6 retirements max, but maybe there is a problem on specific tracks.. I didn't try it on Melbourne though

This is strange because I'm using this mod for some career races now and for me it seems to be quite balanced at the moment. I saw 6 retirements max, but maybe there is a problem on specific tracks.. I didn't try it on Melbourne though

I have a feeling it has something to do with the damage sensitivity - if these guys are crashing at the start, then it's likely they would sustain too much damage and retire. Just speculation though.

And I did drive over a few broken front wings, just as the number of cars on track went down.

Will head to Malaysia and see how things are.

@Kartik Sri Harsha I checked that file, but it was a little cryptic...just says the version is "907423".
I'm pretty sure right clicking the exe > properties > details tab gives the right info of version 1.0.0.3
Graham Laing said:
How to check that you have the latest patch installed?

• Browse to you game install folder > YourInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f12013
  • Right Click on F1_2013.exe > Properties > Details - Patch 3 = File Version 1.0.0.3
OR
  • Browse to you game install folder > YourInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f12013
  • Open the text file - game_version.txt - The text should read :-
  • Patch 3 = const char * version = "Master Universal.907423 29/10/2013 15:00 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 907423;

AFAIK the simulated qualifying adjustment doesn't work, no matter what you put in they still are about 1sec slower? Unless I'm missing something.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the damage sensitivity - if these guys are crashing at the start, then it's likely they would sustain too much damage and retire. Just speculation though.

And I did drive over a few broken front wings, just as the number of cars on track went down.

Will head to Malaysia and see how things are.

Yeah it's true I think AI agressivity should be tone down a tad on the chicanes, they are going to the contact quite often.. So yeah it results with broken wings - for example I saw more broken wings than retirements so I guess some of them can still pit so it's good :)

For me the modified damage file is quite good, it's just the AI agressivity on the brakes that should be decreased a little.

ausresults.jpg

Woo-hoo! 11 retirements in the first race of the season (career)!
Started 10th (in order to start on primes) and ended up 4-stopping because the wear was insane. I've never run a set of tyres until I simply couldn't drive - but today I did!

Finished 7th

Primes did 9 laps at the very max, SS did around 5 - not sure if this is what was intended? The DNFs are a major issue.

Will be going back to the other AI/tyre wear mods until this has been remedied :):):)

i have the same problem with retirements. with 1.1 version nothing has changed

Installed all files
Custom 1992 classic season
WB14B
50% races
Legend, no assists

Through 4 races (Interlagos, Catalunya, Imola, Monaco) no issues!

Moving to ver 1.1 now.

HI,

perhaps a little bug here:

if I'm driving with Williams the car always touches the ground no matter what kind of setup is used. This happend in Germany and Silverstone also - didn't check any further. No problems with Lotus cars, for example.

Bye

I believe this has to do with the weight of the fuel. In qualifying in China I had no issues with this, but then in my race along the long back straight I'm sparking up a storm (50% Career race with Ferrari). What's odd though is that with my mod, the Player and AI have identical CTF files....and yet we don't see the AI sparking at all. And my car setup at China is completely default (I had had the suspension lowered to a f4,r4...turned off parc ferme and set the car to the default setup...still sparking)

EDIT:
I don't think its the fuel actually. The fuel weight in the CTF files from 2012 is the same in these 2013 CTF files

Last edited:
AFAIK the simulated qualifying adjustment doesn't work, no matter what you put in they still are about 1sec slower? Unless I'm missing something.

database.bin > track_model table > hard_dry_laptime_adjustment column -->
negative numbers speed the AI up, positive numbers slow the AI down under time acceleration

To everyone:
If you find tracks where the AI posts unrealistic laptimes under time acceleration please let me know so I can check them. I just haven't had time to check every single track

database.bin > track_model table > hard_dry_laptime_adjustment column -->
negative numbers speed the AI up, positive numbers slow the AI down under time acceleration

To everyone:
If you find tracks where the AI posts unrealistic laptimes under time acceleration please let me know so I can check them. I just haven't had time to check every single track

I get that, I know how it works, it's just that adjusting that have no influence.

can anyone upload to another link? wanna try this mod but broken files during extract
Please!

It's your computer bud, no one else is having issues. Download works fine for me here at work and on my home PC (2 different ISPs). Try using 7zip to extract the files

If that doesn't work, I'll post an alternate link with the next update...but it's definitely you, not the files

It's your computer bud, no one else is having issues. Download works fine for me here at work and on my home PC (2 different ISPs). Try using 7zip to extract the files

If that doesn't work, I'll post an alternate link with the next update...but it's definitely you, not the files

Try with zip and winrar but still not working, i download the hd tires by vlasovas (mediafire and zip file) and its works fine. I download the flickering bug fix from the RD server and works fine, but i try this mod and 1988 senna mod (zip and RD server) and i cant extract both files, i dont know

Another link will help me a lot, thanks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.