Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Okey dokey - sadly I forgot to screenshot, but in a dry-to-wet Malaysia 50% race in career, only 15 cars remained on track by the end.

Good news - tyre wear for the AI seems to match mine! woohooo!:laugh:
Racing is also very tight, lots of strategy battles (sadly I went to the wet tyre too soon, on a track that was only half-wet :thumbsdown:)

Bad news - tyre wear is insane! Where a one-stop should be possible with the hard and medium compounds, I was on course for a 4-stop during the dry stints of the race.

It ended up being a six-stop race because the wear on the inters AND wets was insane as well....:confused:

So to summarise - AI tyre wear is equal to mine, but overall tyre wear is too much!
Retirements a major issue, too.

Hope this helps - of to China now!

Try with zip and winrar but still not working, i download the hd tires by vlasovas (mediafire and zip file) and its works fine. I download the flickering bug fix from the RD server and works fine, but i try this mod and 1988 senna mod (zip and RD server) and i cant extract both files, i dont know

Another link will help me a lot, thanks!
My advice: Install 7zip ^__^

Hi snthennumbers,

i've tried this mod, start a new career, 100% length with Lotus, Expert.
At Melburne 11 cars finished. The same in Malaysia.
The laptimes of AI in all Qualifying-sessions was 2-5 sec. slower than mine.
In race, the car directly behind me was very close and i had to fight very hard:thumbsup:, but the others were 2-3 sec slower per lap.
The tyre wear work's very well, 2 stops in both.:thumbsup:

So, i'd copy another ai_choreographer.xml from this mod : http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-mistakes-bad-luck-2013.76164/ and it seems that the problem with the "extrem" retirement is solved. In China only 2 cars DNF.

This is my impression, hope it helps ! Lookin forward for this. By the way: Thank you for your work !:thumbsup:

Hello, the changes of the CTF files make the cars 1,5 to 2 second faster than the original files, i tried it with force india, i see for example the car weight drop from 660 to 640 kg. Now it´s to easy for me ( Legend, no driving aids) and i d´ont know if the CTF files of Ai are realy do the same work than the players CTF files?
Sorry for the bad english!

I believe this has to do with the weight of the fuel. In qualifying in China I had no issues with this, but then in my race along the long back straight I'm sparking up a storm (50% Career race with Ferrari). What's odd though is that with my mod, the Player and AI have identical CTF files....and yet we don't see the AI sparking at all. And my car setup at China is completely default (I had had the suspension lowered to a f4,r4...turned off parc ferme and set the car to the default setup...still sparking)

EDIT:
I don't think its the fuel actually. The fuel weight in the CTF files from 2012 is the same in these 2013 CTF files

Just for clarification about what I did:
I installed your mod and first of all I started a time trial in Silverstone and the car kept touching the ground - no matter what setup was chosen. Same problem even with default setup. With Lotus no problem exists, as I told before. So I removed the mod and everything is fine again.
Today I only copied the Williams .ctf file for Silverstone and the car was sparkling again.
Obviously it is related to the silverstone.ctf file. Or are the settings for time tiral and career mode different somehow? I didn't check Silverstone in career mode....

Last edited:
Hi, was playing 100% race Sepang carrer mode. Ai aint going to the pits!! i'm at lap 23 and iv'e made 1 stop and my rubber is killing me. But AI seems to go faster by each lap with NOT changing their tyres. The only guy that had a stop is Perez. now that's weird! hope u can take a look at this. cheers!

Try with zip and winrar but still not working, i download the hd tires by vlasovas (mediafire and zip file) and its works fine. I download the flickering bug fix from the RD server and works fine, but i try this mod and 1988 senna mod (zip and RD server) and i cant extract both files, i dont know

Another link will help me a lot, thanks!

I had a problem with this also, its not corrupted, the download didnt finish so the zip was unable to extract. I ending up downloading at f1fastlap.blogspot.com. hope this will help ya

Some ctf files are responsible for cars sparking for me only Sauber was touching the ground. I replaced only ctf for Sauber now it's fine. Didn't have time to compare all other ctf files to originals it's lot of work. For every one that had same issue replace the cars ctf files for the team you are using,and you should be fine.

Some ctf files are responsible for cars sparking for me only Sauber was touching the ground. I replaced only ctf for Sauber now it's fine. Didn't have time to compare all other ctf files to originals it's lot of work. For every one that had same issue replace the cars ctf files for the team you are using,and you should be fine.

It's for all cars, I've fixed it for v1.2, no worries ;)

snthennumbers updated True to Life AI with a new update entry:

Overhauled the tyre wear model...again. AI is more stable and less reckless

Please remember the posting rules found on the overview page when you are contributing to the discussion with feedback, criticism, and suggestions. This helps me help you.

True to Life AI 1.2 release notes:

AI:
- Lowered mistake & failure rates do reduce the number of DNF’s
- Made some adjustments to AI overtaking behavior to reduce the frequency of rear-ending. This AI work is still a work in progress, so please provide feedback…but be as specific as possible – AI...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi , About AI overtaking behavior to reduce the frequency of rear-ending , on version 1.1 I never had this problem , I braking at the same level of them but after I manage better the rest of breaking until the corner so I guess other players need to progress about theirs braking . best regards

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.3%