Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
also...The main menu screen that default loads either Red Bull, Ferrari or McLaren...
Any1 know how to change those default cars so you can have teams other than those 3 load up by default?
i know it changes to what ever car you were just in after u been in a race...
but for game start up is there away to make it cars other than those 3?

This isn't a general modding questions thread. Please keep questions and comments related to this mod specifically.

Sorry to be a dick...

@Arjanator87 @David Katona
open database > track_difficulties > medium > adding ~0,06 to each value makes the AI ~1sec/lap faster, so add as you wish

I had the same issue. What I did was make an average between intermediate and professional difficulties in the database and replace the professional values with the new ones. I play with a ps3 controller, no assists except automatic gearbox and medium TC.

I am currently doing career with Toro Rosso had great qualy battles with vergne. Often we are just separated by a couple of tenths. These professional values worked wonders for me.

I posted in the general modding thread but of course no one got back to me, so I'm going to use my own thread to my advantage :p

Can anyone tell me how (or just make it for me, either way) to remove the rev indicator from the OSD? I understand I need to paint alpha channels on certain components of the OSD, but I have no idea what that really means or how to do it.
I still want KERS, DRS, Gear, and speed indicators from that OSD cluster in the lower right of the screen, just not the rev indicator.

Also, I know v1.3 has some bugs in it, and I've been working hard on v1.4 and have the vast majority of small annoying issues fixed, nearly all the racing line issues fixed for every track, a completely revised tyre wear model (for the 100% database only so far, 50% database will probably be updated too, we'll see) and a number of other improvements.

So...in exchange for someone making me an OSD like I want (that's making it for me, not telling me how to do it lol) I can give you a link to a "beta" release of v1.4

(sorry, I know I probably sound like I'm stroking my ego, looking for more views, and all that crap, but I really want that OSD :thumbsup: ...the game's rev indicator messes with my eyes while using my SRW-S1 steering wheel)

Thanks so much in advance to anyone that can help,
Cheers!

one question. Engine and trasmission wearimg work with 50% database or 100%? do you think that this mod is applicable with f1 2013?

It works with both databases. I have no idea if this mod will work with F1 2013...the game hasnt been released yet so idk what the file structure is like.

As well, idk if I'm even going to buy F1 2013 since this mod is basically the same game. The only thing F1 2013 has is the proper car models and the classic mode...2 things I can easily live without.

@snthennumbers
with the AI in game..
do you know if the AI Cars just use a Default setup... or do the use the "Normal" Quick Setup which can be modified in database??

just wondering if any1 knows for sure... as i been changing the quick set up to match my setup in hopes to make AI same speed in DRS zones but not 100% sure if it is actually working.

@snthennumbers
with the AI in game..
do you know if the AI Cars just use a Default setup... or do the use the "Normal" Quick Setup which can be modified in database??

just wondering if any1 knows for sure... as i been changing the quick set up to match my setup in hopes to make AI same speed in DRS zones but not 100% sure if it is actually working.

I believe they use the quick car middle setup...aka 6's for the wing, suspension, roll bars, etc etc etc. I believe that in order to alter the AI's "setup" (in other words their performance), you'd have to edit the CTF files for each team, on each track. You'll find that with the default gear ratio's (and assuming you're using all my files) you'll have just about the same top speed as the AI. Since therefore the AI is using the default gear ratios, it stands to reason they have the other parts of the car setup with default values too.

This is why with this mod I've focused more on handicapping the Player to match the AI's performance, rather than altering the AI's performance, which is much harder to test.

I posted in the general modding thread but of course no one got back to me, so I'm going to use my own thread to my advantage :p

Can anyone tell me how (or just make it for me, either way) to remove the rev indicator from the OSD? I understand I need to paint alpha channels on certain components of the OSD, but I have no idea what that really means or how to do it.
I still want KERS, DRS, Gear, and speed indicators from that OSD cluster in the lower right of the screen, just not the rev indicator.

Also, I know v1.3 has some bugs in it, and I've been working hard on v1.4 and have the vast majority of small annoying issues fixed, nearly all the racing line issues fixed for every track, a completely revised tyre wear model (for the 100% database only so far, 50% database will probably be updated too, we'll see) and a number of other improvements.

So...in exchange for someone making me an OSD like I want (that's making it for me, not telling me how to do it lol) I can give you a link to a "beta" release of v1.4

(sorry, I know I probably sound like I'm stroking my ego, looking for more views, and all that crap, but I really want that OSD :thumbsup: ...the game's rev indicator messes with my eyes while using my SRW-S1 steering wheel)

Thanks so much in advance to anyone that can help,
Cheers!
I, try this one, http://www.mediafire.com/download/rocxjb5j053ewca/b_osd.pssg

Hullo mate! Thanks for you help with the time acceleration fix - worked a treat!
I have a question, though this thread might not be the place for it, but I'll ask anyway (you can tell me off later).
I'm currently playing through career (just qualified on pole at Abu Dhabi!) and am starting to think about next season...

How hard would it be for me to transform this mod into a 2014 Mod?
The AI is perfect, so wouldnt want to change too much, so I imagine it would be a case of altering the database somewhat? I'm thinking of things like Ricciardo to RB, Kimi to Ferrari, Hulkenberg to Lotus, Sorotkin to Sauber, Bianchi to Torro Rosse etc

Alas, the more I think about it, the more would need to be done - image changes to the front end (i.e. in menus etc).

Would it be possible with my limited skillz? :geek:

Thanks again!

Hullo mate! Thanks for you help with the time acceleration fix - worked a treat!
I have a question, though this thread might not be the place for it, but I'll ask anyway (you can tell me off later).
I'm currently playing through career (just qualified on pole at Abu Dhabi!) and am starting to think about next season...

How hard would it be for me to transform this mod into a 2014 Mod?
The AI is perfect, so wouldnt want to change too much, so I imagine it would be a case of altering the database somewhat? I'm thinking of things like Ricciardo to RB, Kimi to Ferrari, Hulkenberg to Lotus, Sorotkin to Sauber, Bianchi to Torro Rosse etc

Alas, the more I think about it, the more would need to be done - image changes to the front end (i.e. in menus etc).

Would it be possible with my limited skillz? :geek:

Thanks again!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
A 2014 version is definitely doable since v1tek and his crew made a 2013 mod. Unfortunately I really don't know how to do that stuff. All the graphics changes in this collection of mods were done by other people.
Maybe try sending a message to one of the authors of v1tek's 2013 mod?

@snthennumbers:

I am still working on my mod and would like to utilize all 4 Tiers. But when I set Marussia (same thing happens for caterham to tier 4 (editing from your 1.3 db) the game doesn't seem to recognize it and gives them tier 1 abilities. The values in the ai_tier_characteristics tab are differentfor the tiers.
When I switch to the original database, all 4 tiers are used correctly.
Do you know a way to fix that?

@snthennumbers:

I am still working on my mod and would like to utilize all 4 Tiers. But when I set Marussia (same thing happens for caterham to tier 4 (editing from your 1.3 db) the game doesn't seem to recognize it and gives them tier 1 abilities. The values in the ai_tier_characteristics tab are differentfor the tiers.
When I switch to the original database, all 4 tiers are used correctly.
Do you know a way to fix that?

Oooh what mod are you making?

As for the tiers...I really don't know why that is happening. Assuming your values for tier 4 in the ai_tier_characteristics table are lower than they are for tier 1, it shouldn't be an issue.
You're saying when you set Marussia or Caterham to a "4" in the f1teams table you see them qualifying/racing up towards the front of the pack with the red bulls, ferrari's mercedes, etc?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.