Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
exactly.
In One shot-qualy they end up between the tier 1 cars. Did not test accelerated qualy.
Since viteks db already only uses tier 1 to 3 i think it could be something with his original 2013 database ..
maybe it has to do with the deletion of HRT or something ..

exactly.
In One shot-qualy they end up between the tier 1 cars. Did not test accelerated qualy.
Since viteks db already only uses tier 1 to 3 i think it could be something with his original 2013 database ..

Very odd. I'll test and do the same when I get home from work to see if it happens to me too.

Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 1.20.17 AM.jpg

I'm using the 50% database and when I of 50% races I only get 1 stop. Is this right?
Great job on the mod btw!

exactly.

Marussia and Caterham being tier 3 is my doing, not v1tek's. But that's neither here nor there.

What is here, is a new rule! You'll find it on the overview page, right at the top.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/true-to-life-ai-2013-season.50/

Before I post any resource update, I myself do exactly what the installation instructions say, so I know that the files I put out work, and don't have bugs.

For the record...I did a quick qualifying session at Spain and accelerated through it with Marussia & Caterham set as tier 3 teams. All 4 drivers were about 2.0 - 2.5 seconds off the pace of pole.
I then set M&C to tier 4 and repeat the process - all four drivers are now 4-5 seconds off the pace.
I then restart the session with M&C still being tier 4, let the timer run down in real life speed...all 4 drivers are 6 seconds off the pace.
i then do one shot qualifying, still at Spain, and still with M&C as tier 4 teams...all 4 drivers still dead last, 5+ seconds off the pace.

I said it before, I'll say it again...I'm getting really tired of troubleshooting problems that don't exist and having to refute half the stuff that's posted here.
RTFM

Gonna tag Petar here too... @Petar Tasev and anyone else: I'm trying to edit the news clippings and emails you get during Career mode since I'm getting a little annoyed at how some of them don't make any sense.

I found the "clippings.bin" and "Emails.bin" files located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2012\game

However, when I try to open them with Petar's database editor (tried latest version and one version old) it gives me an error saying "The program failed to convert!" This occurs when using the GUI and command-line interface.

Anyone know how to open these files?

EDIT: ok scratch that, those files don't appear to contain the text that I want to change. Anyone know how to change the text in the news clippings?

Last edited:
Text, clipping? Language file => LNG Key "lng_pcl_clipping_body_".
If it wouldn't be that obvious ... do you mean that?

You might also want to take a look at rows with LNG Key "lng_eml_ag_" included

hey mate, this is a great mod, especially with the 2013 mod included. But my problem is, i am still able to win in a Torro Rosso with Legend AI in my first career. Is there a way to get the AI even faster?

Text, clipping? Language file => LNG Key "lng_pcl_clipping_body_".
If it wouldn't be that obvious ... do you mean that?

You might also want to take a look at rows with LNG Key "lng_eml_ag_" included
Thanks bud, found what I was looking for in the language file after some digging...no more stupid news clippings claiming Hamilton is a 7-time world champion :p

Alright everyone...I'm trying to get v1.4 done but I simply don't have the time to do all the testing I need to do. So, I need some help...

Please send me a message if (AND ONLY IF) you are willing to do the following:
1. Follow the installation instructions exactly
2. Do 1 or more 100% distance races of your choosing
3. Report back to me with some specific details in a timely fashion (aka within 24-48 hours, or sooner is preferred)

If you are willing to do the above exactly, please send me a message and I will provide you a link to the "beta" v1.4 files and go over the details I need from you.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help!

Im wondering what has changed in the AI-behaviour under braking. In the latest version of this mod, the AI is more competetive under braking in slow corners, and thats great, but now they just seem too offensive. They dont seem to "see" my care in front of them and theyre frequently bumping into my ass during the corner after the braking. I like that the AI feels tougher in this version, but theyre keeping hitting me and spinning themselves, and sometimes me as a result :(

snthennumbers please Release The 1.4 Version;):giggle:
Working on it bud...it's a lot of work testing and creating this new tyre wear model. As well, I'd like this to be the last release of this mod since F1 2013 is coming and I'm sure everyone is going to flock to that (which I'll find odd since this mod is essentially the exact same game by now...) anyway, with that said, that's why it's taking a long time to get this out.

Working on it bud...it's a lot of work testing and creating this new tyre wear model. As well, I'd like this to be the last release of this mod since F1 2013 is coming and I'm sure everyone is going to flock to that (which I'll find odd since this mod is essentially the exact same game by now...) anyway, with that said, that's why it's taking a long time to get this out.

you did so far an amazing jobs modding this game!! I ask if you could do the same with the f1 2013

you did so far an amazing jobs modding this game!! I ask if you could do the same with the f1 2013

I don't plan on purchasing F1 2013 or modding it. This mod is so close to the official 2013 game it's just not worth it for me (especially after all the effort I've put into this mod). As well, I don't have an interest in the F1 classics material lol

However...once F1 2014 comes out I'll be all over that one :thumbsup:

EDIT:
Now that I've watched a few gameplay videos of F1 2013 the improvements I see are really relatively minor. For instance it looks like the braking has been adjusted to reflect more realistic braking points, however if you check out this video here
you'll see the top speed with DRS and KERS in a 2013 redbull at Monza is a mere 192 mph.

The handling appears to have been slightly adjusted (hard to tell since I haven't played the game)
Graphics are improved

That's really about all I see...feels to me like CM just put some flashy-er graphics over F1 2012, made some minor improvements to this and that, and spent the rest of their time making F1 classics (waste of time imo...)

Oh well...c'est la vie :rolleyes:

Who cares 'bout 2013 man, best times were decades ago. Nowadays CM F1 games are as sterile as the real F1 :p
Maybe people switch to F1 2013 due to different noses? :D

Release 1.4 after F1 2013 and tell us how many people still downloaded it, would be interesting to know. Well, I bet my arse you could use the same AI files for F1 2013 so people will have competitive stuff right from the beginning ;)

F1 2013 was always going to be half-assed since it released right before next-gen consoles, hopefully 2014 will be a lot better... They have no excuses now.

Thanks for all the work on the mod, looking forward to 2014 (since i'm getting 2013)!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.