Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Excellent mod,but i have a question, if i want that in the Q3 spend the first 10, how i can do? because i like that just 10 first drivers are in the Q3, sorry but my english jejeje

I never thought anyone could actually get you competitive with the AI. I literally love you right now (just kidding of course ;)) I'm going to stick with 2012 as well until a AI mod comes out from Kristian. Also one other thing, love the aggressiveness of this AI, they actually go for the gaps and have amazing pace.

Last edited:
Who is "us" ;) I won't get it, too but I'm looking into Ai nevertheless, maybe trying to adapt TTL stuff into F1 2013 files.
@snthennumbers speaking of, if you like get a copy of Nürburgring ai_vehicle_track.xml and see if it can be better adapted to F1 2012 without this first round corner #3 issue ;)

[don't come with no including of stuff from newer games, that'd be ridiculous argument here]

Who is "us" ;) I won't get it, too but I'm looking into Ai nevertheless, maybe trying to adapt TTL stuff into F1 2013 files.
@snthennumbers speaking of, if you like get a copy of Nürburgring ai_vehicle_track.xml and see if it can be better adapted to F1 2012 without this first round corner #3 issue ;)

[don't come with no including of stuff from newer games, that'd be ridiculous argument here]

I've worked on the Nurbugring and cleaned up how the AI act for this mod. The corner three issue I'm not sure can be solved. I've even added an extra turn to the ai_vehicle_track.xml file so the AI has a reference point for turn three on lap 1, but they still don't recognize it. @Derpish mentioned the issue may be able to be solved by being able to open some .rm or .rdm (I can't remember) file. But I don't think that's happened as of yet.

Unless CM has overhauled the game completely I'm sure some if not most of the work from my database, AI, and CTF files could be adpated for F1 2013. But like I've said, from the gameplay videos I've seen of the game so far, it doesn't look notably improved over F1 2012 (excluding the graphics)

you are right its the same as 2012 basicley with a fresh paint job mid session saves thats it for career mode the put a few scenrios in it like but i think u might be able to use some of the 2012 mods ive tried a few cameras mods and the work but it still doesnt get rid of the side movemint in cockpit view if any one has any idea how to get rid of the side movement in cockpit for 2013 will be apreachated

After some test on friend house, once for all, let's skip one year, and wait for "great" 2014 engines...

Snthennumbers,

When we have yours final, long-awaited, and magnificente , 1.4 version?

Looking at all the trouble with modding at F1 2013 I'm happy I didn't go for it. I wouldn't want to mod from the scratch again anyway, haha. His AI here works excellent in 12 but it didn't work out in 13 as I had expected it first.

After some test on friend house, once for all, let's skip one year, and wait for "great" 2014 engines...

Snthennumbers,

When we have yours final, long-awaited, and magnificente , 1.4 version?

I really have to agree here. F1 2013 doesn't seem to be all it's cracked up to be (big surprise right?). It's graphical improvements, additional content, and that's about it. Handling seems to have been revamped, but I don't think it was done right and I've been hearing lots of complaints. Seems not much was done to make the competitiveness notably better than F1 2012.
I believe the issue here is that CM needs to make a game that appeals to the widest field of players (so they can make money), rather than just to us nerds who really want more of a simulation-type F1 game. This is why CM makes their F1 games more arcade-y with that pick-up-and-play aspect which we all at racedepartment hate :p

I highly, highly doubt I'll be getting involved with F1 2013 and will be waiting until the F1 2014 game comes out with the new engines, new rules, new tracks, new drivers, etc. At least then we'll have a game with legitimately good, new content to work with...rather than just remaking what has been done here with this mod, but for F1 2013 (which is a complete waste of time given F1 2013 needs to be decoded all over again and given that this mod is the same if not better than the default F1 2013 game).

As for version 1.4....
It's coming, I promise. I really want this release to be bug free (since it'll most likely be the last release) so I'm forcing myself to take my time and test every single track.

I've finished the new tyre wear model for the 100% database and I'm finalizing porting this functionality into the 50% database (gets a little complicated with increased wear rates coupled with shorter tyre longevity).
Lots and lots of other improvements too (including AI improvements and fixes).

Soon....very soon :thumbsup:

my opinion is that F1 2012 whit your mod is entirely Better than the 2013, the 2013 has better visuals .. but is not real, the work you do is amazing snthennumbers ! keep it up dude I have one question, is there any way to increase the damage of the cars? like the sides of the car when you get hit.

my opinion is that F1 2012 whit your mod is entirely Better than the 2013, the 2013 has better visuals .. but is not real, the work you do is amazing snthennumbers ! keep it up dude I have one question, is there any way to increase the damage of the cars? like the sides of the car when you get hit.

Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

Regarding damage - unfortunately not. I've looked into this alot because I wanted to try and make the front wing stronger, but the wheels/suspension weaker so that the AI doesn't have so many crappy broken front wing issues, but if they tap wheel to wheel then the sh*t hits the fan like in real life....but the damage model (from what I can figure out) doesn't recognize the differences in the car parts. It seems like the front wing has to be broken off before the front tyres can be broken off.
You can adjust the sidepod terminal damage speed in the decals.xml file (in the decals folder) so that the sides of the car are a bit more sensitive to damage, however this parameter is the terminal damage speed. So if you set it to 5.0, then a 5mph collision to your sidepod will result in you having terminal damage.

Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

Regarding damage - unfortunately not. I've looked into this alot because I wanted to try and make the front wing stronger, but the wheels/suspension weaker so that the AI doesn't have so many crappy broken front wing issues, but if they tap wheel to wheel then the sh*t hits the fan like in real life....but the damage model (from what I can figure out) doesn't recognize the differences in the car parts. It seems like the front wing has to be broken off before the front tyres can be broken off.
You can adjust the sidepod terminal damage speed in the decals.xml file (in the decals folder) so that the sides of the car are a bit more sensitive to damage, however this parameter is the terminal damage speed. So if you set it to 5.0, then a 5mph collision to your sidepod will result in you having terminal damage.
you deserve that words dude ! I will try to modify the damage, so will see what happens !:thumbsup:

Snthennumbers,

FYI, it is confirmed the error on nurburgring, turn #3, (always crash on 1st lap) the effect is on ai_track.xml file, route_0 folder.

Unfortunately I don't know how to fix properly,...

Good think to include on 1.4 :)

Thankns in advance.

snthennumbers updated True to Life AI 2013 Season with a new update entry:

one more step towards being finalized

As always, please read the updated overview page. There’s lots of important information there, especially in the DISCLAIMERS section.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/true-to-life-ai-2013-season.50/

True to Life AI 2013 Season v1.4 release notes:
Sorry for the delay everyone, I know it’s been a bit since I posted an update, and I know there were few bugs in v1.3 so I really wanted to take my time and nail things down properly with this release. Since...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 177 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years