Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have a problem in career. One of the tests for FP3 is to keep the DRS open for 43% of the lap but since the rules of F12013 only allow to use DRS in practice on the designated zones, its impossible to pass this test. Is it possible to tweak the DRS rule for an specific circuit? The test is at catalunya.

I have a problem in career. One of the tests for FP3 is to keep the DRS open for 43% of the lap but since the rules of F12013 only allow to use DRS in practice on the designated zones, its impossible to pass this test. Is it possible to tweak the DRS rule for an specific circuit? The test is at catalunya.
Repace "F1 2012\tracks\circuits\catalunya\route_0\triggers_pit.xml" with the original one, do the test, then put back the modded file

I noticed that I get a crap load of mech failures, at least once every session (even practice and qualy) and up to 2-3 during the race. I would say thats a bit too much, not even Webber has this many failures.

Like DRS and KERS failures? Those are controlled by vibration rates, so the more you use the kerbs, the more likely you'll have one of those fail.

hi done a 100 race at spa eng wat 98 before race 93 after which was good then done same at monza fresh eng and it waas only 99 after race which was disapointing but at the start of season austriala 50 per race and my eng was 96 which was good but it changes from track to track i think but any way this season is the best eng wear since i bought the game wen it come out and ivecompleted it 6 or 7 times as its the only game i play bjut ive got to sday your mod is awsome i used tio play on xbox then after seeing all of these mods bought a gameing pc and im glad i spent the 600 on it now ive been looking for a mod that gtives better wear i think a couple of tweeks on some tracks and it will be spot on one thing thow i play on proffes and wen i done monza had to put on legend cause i was to fast for the a1 and the were makeing a lot of mistakes and about 7 retirment

hi done a 100 race at spa eng wat 98 before race 93 after which was good then done same at monza fresh eng and it waas only 99 after race which was disapointing but at the start of season austriala 50 per race and my eng was 96 which was good but it changes from track to track i think but any way this season is the best eng wear since i bought the game wen it come out and ivecompleted it 6 or 7 times as its the only game i play bjut ive got to sday your mod is awsome i used tio play on xbox then after seeing all of these mods bought a gameing pc and im glad i spent the 600 on it now ive been looking for a mod that gtives better wear i think a couple of tweeks on some tracks and it will be spot on one thing thow i play on proffes and wen i done monza had to put on legend cause i was to fast for the a1 and the were makeing a lot of mistakes and about 7 retirment

I see about the same amount of retirements at Monza. But I can't adjust retirement rates or engine wear specifically per track. Engine wear is controlled globally in the raceload.jpk file and if I make it so engine wear is spot on for Monza, it will be too little or too much at other tracks. but glad you made the switch to the PC side :thumbsup:

Does anyone know how to repaint the pitwall stands? I just noticed that Singapore's pitlane doesn't match up so now I'm thinking there may be more. If anyone knows how to do this please message me

@snthennumbers hm, I wonder why I told you weeks ago to take a look at the canned_events :p you can set a more or less specific probability of specific DNF for each team or track or round or driver
Well, I only use the tables for team and driver though, haven't tested track yet but should be the same.

Hm, while I was unsuccessfully trying to create a 25% tyre wear db (it doesn't work, no matter what you try you won't get the real tyre wear under 50% level even setting team's front and rear higher only changes the pit stop strategy but not the worn level of the tyre) I also noticed your AI seems to have become more scared to close up to a car in a corner (they fall back way too early, almost like game's default).

I was racing with 4.1 AI files still, now replaced with 1.3 and I can keep my arse in a Marussia at 7th place [you know, the typical Melbourne 1st lap issue where you can overtake half of the field after corner #4] without problem ... so I put back 4.1 files and I couldn't keep my arse up as the AI didn't fall back before a corner anymore so massively as they do in 1.3.
Did only test at Melbourne on semi-pro but to me the difference was huge between these two AI files versions.

Just a thing I have noticed is that on some corners the AI cars tend to readjust their racing line mid corner and this slows them down a fair bit. The lastest example I found of this was on the Parabolica at Monza (turn 11) and this obviously makes them very slow down the main straight. It doesn't happen all the time but I would say around 8/10 times.

Also agree with melphiz. :thumbsup:

Just a thing I have noticed is that on some corners the AI cars tend to readjust their racing line mid corner and this slows them down a fair bit. The lastest example I found of this was on the Parabolica at Monza (turn 11) and this obviously makes them very slow down the main straight. It doesn't happen all the time but I would say around 8/10 times.

Also agree with melphiz. :thumbsup:

I've been working on Parabolica and a couple other corners at Monza - I saw the same thing when I did my Monza career race yesterday.

Let me know what other corners you notice this on if you can

readjusting mid corner usually means they brake too late and therefore are to fast at turn in, respectively turn in while braking hard and get understeer.
Braking points and cornering speeds can easily be edited in one shot qualifying, as you can watch the AI cars very closely.

readjusting mid corner usually means they brake too late and therefore are to fast at turn in, respectively turn in while braking hard and get understeer.
Braking points and cornering speeds can easily be edited in one shot qualifying, as you can watch the AI cars very closely.

Spot on Rowing, however I usually test by doing the first 3-5 laps of a 100% race so I can see how the AI acts with heavy fuel loads as well as with DRS enabled :thumbsup:

For everyone else:
I'm trying to crank through the rest of my Season 2 Career (I'm at Japan right now) and have been working through issues I find at each track (like Parabolica). v1.4 should be released once this is done and we should have a very stable release on our hands!

If anyone wants to help me, I could use some feedback on 50% (using the 50% database) and 100% distance races at:
  • Japan
  • Delhi (I know everyone hates that track, I personally swapped it with Istanbul for my Career lol)
  • Abu Dhabi
  • Texas
  • Brazil

Feedback I'm looking for:
  • AI qualifying times during time acceleration (do they get too fast?)
  • Problem corners (do the AI brake too early or late? Make corrections mid corner? Crash into each other? etc etc)
If you give feedback, please specify the following:
  • Controller type (keyboard, gamepad, wheel)
  • Driving assists used
  • Track name, session, and turn number
  • Difficulty level
  • Career race or quick race

Thanks all! :thumbsup:

This question may have been asked before, but since there's so many pages I can't quite look through them all(Yes I know I should probably search) but I just need to know how to do something. With this mod, and Vitek's mod installed... I have one minor irk that's bothering me. For some reason, Jenson Button and Sergio Perez, there car Livery's are backwards. If I choose to drive Button's car in a quick race for example, I'll see Perez's name on the intake duct on the car instead of Jenson's. All I need to know is how to switch the files around so it swaps the liverys. Does anyone here know what files those would be? Same thing goes for Lewis and Nico. Lewis is driving the #9 car, where as it should be #10.

This question may have been asked before, but since there's so many pages I can't quite look through them all(Yes I know I should probably search) but I just need to know how to do something. With this mod, and Vitek's mod installed... I have one minor irk that's bothering me. For some reason, Jenson Button and Sergio Perez, there car Livery's are backwards. If I choose to drive Button's car in a quick race for example, I'll see Perez's name on the intake duct on the car instead of Jenson's. All I need to know is how to switch the files around so it swaps the liverys. Does anyone here know what files those would be? Same thing goes for Lewis and Nico. Lewis is driving the #9 car, where as it should be #10.

I'll look into this, I'm rubbish with graphics related stuff but my hunch is that it can probably be fixed in the database. Unless someone already knows how to fix this...I'm sure someone reading this does.

EDIT: Also, you don't need to install this mod AND v1tek's mod. You just need this mod installed.

Last edited:

Try this:
open the database and go to the f1drivers_f1teams table
swap the "livery" values for 826 and 827 (for Button and Perez), aka make 826 be 827 and make 827 be 826
do the same for the "livery" values for 840 and 841 (for Hamilton and Rosberg)

I'm at work right now so trying to see the car graphics over a remote connection to my home computer just isn't gonna work lol

Let me know how you make out

Hi! I have to say that AI is ridiculously fast in Bahrain....I am driving with Williams

So,I use the 50% database for 50% races...In carrer mode,I qualified 1st with 1.36.2xx.In race,AI is very fast! With used hard tires even.Massa driving in 1st got away 20+ seconds from me in 2nd.Button in 3rd was 13 sec away me,and I could keep the distance.

BTW,AI brakes very late in 1st corner...Vettel and Rosberg went out,because they braked very late.

I am using Logi G27
AI difficulty: Professional
Assists:Auto gear and traction cntrol

...Getting really tired of chasing down false problems guys :rolleyes:
Hamilton is in car 10, Rosberg is in car 9
Perez has the correct livery and name badge near the air intake
Button has the correct livery and name badge near the air intake

See pictures, and please follow the installation instructions exactly that's why I made them :mad:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Hamilton 10.JPG
    Hamilton 10.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Button.JPG
    Button.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Perez.JPG
    Perez.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 245

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 58.8%