The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Correct or not I do love the 911 Fuchs wheels... I even own a set. Bought them to put on my 944, which had Fuchs wheels from the factory, but the wider 911 rears look super sexy. :)

Love this project, AC is sorely missing a vintage road Porsche or two.

Awesome! My thoughts exactly! AC needs a good vintage 911(R/RS). It's my first 3D car (well that got to a point worth showing) so I have to learn a few things like UV mapping and AO baking but first things first, get the model done. Thanks again all, this surely gives motivation to continue! :cool::D

11jMBQg.jpg

Fine tuning the UV map... the engine cover has a few unavoidable seams since I wanted to get it all as square as possible. Should be ready for skinning soon, just a row of faces around the bottom edge of the top half of the body to add (and I think a fix to the backrest area).

One fun trick for Blender to get nicer AO is to apply a subdivision modifier to the object while baking. Only really works on models with no sharp edges though (in the editor sense; they have a narrow bevel around them)

I'm having sort of a weird problem around the edge of the cockpit, which is that on the actual car it just has a seamless switch from body paint to interior paint and then the windshield's bolted on top. Ingame the edge between materials just looks too sharp and it's kinda making the corners of faces more obvious than they should be. I might put a dark grey row of pixels on the body texture to help soften it a bit but the materials aren't similar enough to completely hide the seam I think.

Last edited:
My Blender landscape work on Nisseringen has ground to a halt

My 3D Cursor is not moving to the clicked point in User Perspective.
The distance from where I click, to where it appears varries. The pictures show the most extreme case, where it seems to appear behind me.

000406.png

000407.png
It is working correctly in Ortho.

I think that I may have activated something by accident, but I have no idea what.

Some more indepth information in my WIP thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nisseringen-denmark-from-lidar-data-pointcloud-wip.130447/

Happy modding

Fine tuning the UV map... the engine cover has a few unavoidable seams since I wanted to get it all as square as possible. Should be ready for skinning soon, just a row of faces around the bottom edge of the top half of the body to add (and I think a fix to the backrest area).

One fun trick for Blender to get nicer AO is to apply a subdivision modifier to the object while baking. Only really works on models with no sharp edges though (in the editor sense; they have a narrow bevel around them)

I'm having sort of a weird problem around the edge of the cockpit, which is that on the actual car it just has a seamless switch from body paint to interior paint and then the windshield's bolted on top. Ingame the edge between materials just looks too sharp and it's kinda making the corners of faces more obvious than they should be. I might put a dark grey row of pixels on the body texture to help soften it a bit but the materials aren't similar enough to completely hide the seam I think.

382.gif

Excited!

Lol I feel like we're all pretty close to our releases. Maybe need to plan them out to not flood the market with quality mods

I have a problem with my tire blur texture flickering at speed, instead of creating the nice "rolling backwards" effect. I'm not sure if it's down to my system (144hz screen) or something else I'm unaware of.

Lol I feel like we're all pretty close to our releases. Maybe need to plan them out to not flood the market with quality mods

I have a problem with my tire blur texture flickering at speed, instead of creating the nice "rolling backwards" effect. I'm not sure if it's down to my system (144hz screen) or something else I'm unaware of.
yeah but with the ts020 been close to release for a year. if i go back enough ill find myself saying its coming this time last year.

V1RQw9y.jpg

Not sure yet where to stick all the F6 cameras, so far I have one on the rollbar and one here.

I still have a long list of things to do on the model (~10 things to add to the model, something like 60-70 objects to UV map+finetune to high LOD, although that kinda exaggerates things since some exist 4x for each corner of the suspension, plus of course LODs), but I'm trying to get it skinnable so that can happen in parallel. I'm guessing 1 more day of model work which basically means staring closely at and fixing the stuff I did today, and then a day to put together the template properly.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea