The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Ax9Ligd.jpg

I made an executive decision that even though the TV truck has the 78-79 front (square headlights) I like the 76-77 version better. And since it's my mod I can do whatever I want. (such as park in front of a tow truck so it looks like it has a crane)

Does anyone know how AC sets the zoom limits on F5 and the showroom? I think I'll need to extend those... F5 goes inside the front bodywork and the showroom can't show the whole length of the vehicle.

Last edited:
Ax9Ligd.jpg

I made an executive decision that even though the TV truck has the 78-79 front (square headlights) I like the 76-77 version better. And since it's my mod I can do whatever I want. (such as park in front of a tow truck so it looks like it has a crane)

Does anyone know how AC sets the zoom limits on F5 and the showroom? I think I'll need to extend those... F5 goes inside the front bodywork and the showroom can't show the whole length of the vehicle.

Let me know if you need any pictures. I own this 74 as well as a short bed 78 (with wooden bed). Also a friend has a complete 79 F350 with a full functioning wrecker body if you want references for that.
15267512_1268194459868506_2002971660977342323_n.jpg

EDIT: Also this comes to mind too when I see a truck like that in AC. Wouldn't be too hard to do this to Riverside!
17155455_640082002859882_994084013245833622_n.jpg

Last edited:
Let me know if you need any pictures. I own this 74 as well as a short bed 78 (with wooden bed). Also a friend has a complete 79 F350 with a full functioning wrecker body if you want references for that.
Hmm, I don't need a picture as such but I can't tell how much of this grille is painted the same colour. The headlight surround's obviously painted black but I can't tell if other edges are as well or if it's just AO darkening it.
1QfEpF4.jpg

Closeups of the light glass would also be better than whatever random texture I found.

If your flatbed has nothing behind the cab a picture of the back-of-cab sheetmetal would be nice too.

Hmm, I don't need a picture as such but I can't tell how much of this grille is painted the same colour. The headlight surround's obviously painted black but I can't tell if other edges are as well or if it's just AO darkening it.
1QfEpF4.jpg

Closeups of the light glass would also be better than whatever random texture I found.

If your flatbed has nothing behind the cab a picture of the back-of-cab sheetmetal would be nice too.
Mine being a 74 isn't much help but this is a picture of a grille on ebay. It is all the same color so just AO makes it dark.
s-l1600.jpg

5cnQU6Y.jpg

Maybe just cause I am focusing on them to check how they look but adding wheels really seems to emphasize the lack of axles. Reusing a tire texture cause I have a silly short timetable (underside of the cab tonight so it will cast normal shadows, tomorrow+Thursday = interior, Saturday=payload, Sunday=all the stuff that's not done)

Anyone know how to do a leaf spring solid axle in AC? I just gave it a link for each spring plus a thing holding the axle centred (basically like the middle 2 links in a 4 link) and on throttle the axle's twisting, I'm not sure which direction to move which links.

Last edited:
First time animating the damn shifter boot... any thoughts on why the skinned mesh works fine in the editor but in game it does whatever the hell it wants like being a solid object?
shifterthingy.jpg
Screenshot_toyota_sera_trd_skidpad05_8-3-117-9-21-37.jpg

(yeah moved the driver position and screwed the hand animation, I know :p)

Just adding some crash barriers to Pacific Coast...
View attachment 178114
Especially for all those people who like to go swimming... and don't stick to the speed limits!

Nice, I like the same track on Project Cars, only I don't like PC that much so it's great to have one in AC!

Btw, my previous post was supposed to go on the other thread with the dumb questions! can anyone move it?

hgjZnqT.jpg

Mmm donuts. I really should put the driver inside the cab, but there's no seat there yet. Added front+rear glass, did most of the body-paint metal inside the cab (exception is the door). Time for a proliferation of materials since it appears it uses one carpet on the floor, another on the kick panels and floor mats, 2 sorts of cloth for the seats, some sort of headliner, vinyl sun visors, and plastic door inserts. Black metal steering column and pedals, black plastic dash with accent coloured top of the dash.

@Stereo have you done anymore additions to the your Blender rig and your exporter plugin?
No, nothing recently. It works ok for what I need it for and any more complicated rigging would probably end up only working on 1 car anyway (eg. keying the fingers to shift the grip as the wheel turns).

TBVN9dx.jpg

2 out of a bunch of interior materials, carpet and the vinyl top of the dash. I'm working on the ones that give a solid background first, the inside out holes are distracting. Vinyl came out greener than I intended, not sure if it's a dds thing or just gimp cause I definitely set it to 0 saturation.

Also made some approx. axles to fill that void, now it needs a driveshaft... hmm, would it rotate as TRANSMISSION_L or TRANSMISSION_R. I'm guessing left will do what I want (although at 1/4 the right speed)
uoYEEQI.jpg

[edit] double-checked documentation and it is the right object name but TRANSMISSION_L_1 isn't rotating for me. Hmm...

Last edited:
Nice, I like the same track on Project Cars, only I don't like PC that much so it's great to have one in AC!
Glad you like having a version in AC... But this version isn't the same track... It's going South from San Francisco... I think the PC version is North from San Francisco... Not even sure if the PC track is real roads??
My version is... and is taken from satellite elevation data which is pretty accurate... This version is the popular Big Sur route...
I totally agree with you on the PC cars being so so... That's why I wanted a California coastal road in AC... It's an Ideal playground for all the road cars in AC IMO... It's also pretty fun in an F1 car
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f138_pacific_coast_8-3-117-20-51-3.jpg

Seeing as I've never made a track on AC before... I wasn't even sure I could get a track into AC... and I didn't even know anything about 3DS... So it's progressing quite nicely :)

Last edited:
Glad you like having a version in AC... But this version isn't the same track... It's going South from San Francisco... I think the PC version is North from San Francisco... Not even sure if the PC track is real roads??...
The PC one still has the ocean on the right by default, so it's south as well, but it's partially fictional. There's sections of it that you can more or less match up to some sections of PCH, but nothing it spot on. It's all intentional. :)

You've come quite a ways from zero to where you're at! Gives me some hope once 'real life' has calmed down a bit. I've got too many ideas and not enough time...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.