The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

W.I.P
Spyker:

aPBYWVp.jpg

TJHPwz3g.jpg

Last edited:
That's definitely going to be a must-have when it's done. Great stuff!
Thanks mate, should be done tonight if I get time later :)

Looks really good, it must be a pain to join the bumpers with the sides :p
Thanks :) It is a bit of work, but think it's almost there :)

Those red lines don't match up nicely on the front and rear bumpers. Should be an easy fix :)
Looking forward to the completed result!
Think they're almost sorted now :) Castrol skins should be on all cars!
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_pacific_coast_23-2-117-7-16-54.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_pacific_coast_23-2-117-7-18-44.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work there, beautiful classic castrol skin! :thumbsup:
Try to improve the transitions at the gaps between the body parts, especially the doors. There are always some line of pixels that wrap around the parts and prevent a smooth connections to the next body part.
Thanks mate, yeah I've noticed the transitions, some parts you almost have to think in 3D. Vents and grills are fun...
It's good to make me respect the skills you talented painters have though :)
This design on this body shape was more awkward than I thought... But what can I say... I had to have it lol :)

Showing the merits of my recent brushwork, too. I just started this one today, I allways liked the livery of the Bonk BMW and the way they raced in the 2016 VLN season wasn´t shabby either. Nice to do another car finally. :D

Interesting to see how much you can get done on the first day, visually, before all the detailing sets in, where you spend hours on something most guys won´t even notice.

__custom_showroom_1487896455.jpg

And this is a conversion of the GT Masters skin for Team Herberth to replicate the 24h of Dubai 2017 winner. A team member asked me if I could do it and provided me with photos and details about the car. Very helpful. Still not 100% solid about the approval decal above the windshield, but I´ll get a photo soon and than this one will be quite clear to head towards the released section.

__custom_showroom_1487895861.jpg

__custom_showroom_1487895972.jpg

__custom_showroom_1487895833.jpg

Also absolutely loving the new Showroom of the Content Manager, auto updating textures, great lighting, all the texture hints.

Last edited:
I have virtually no information regarding track side objects, unfortunately :( The road was completed but the circuit was still unfinished before WW2 started. This is all I have found:
DR-Karte_mT1.jpg

Hardly great source material to work from :O_o:
Untitled-51.jpg

Whilst searching the internet for photos of other vintage circuits, so I could get a feel for the architecture of the time, and how things were laid out back then, I came across some photos of Reims Gueux. The Start/Finish straight seemed almost identical to how I imagined the D-Ring would have been, with a very wide straight, pits on one side, grandstands opposite. I even have some descriptions of how the D-Ring architects planned to have a tunnel under the track for access from one side to the other, negating the need for a bridge (same as Reims Gueux).

As I knew I would never find photos of non-existent pits and grandstands, I used Reims Gueux for inspiration, and have based my buildings on that track instead.
control-tower.jpg

DSC9427.jpg

Reading your previous messages I was thinking to myself : oh it looks a lot like Reims, I wonder if it's a real track with same designer or just a ficticious inspired by Reims :)

I have a few photos from the place last year (or 2015 I don't remember) :

And I'm almost sure it's private but if by any chance you can open this facebook link you'll have more detailed photos (that one and the next 30) : https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=70ba9131afcb7fb1bba2d044cecd05f8&oe=592845E7

Thanks for posting those photos, I always love to see pictures of old tracks, either back then or how they look now. I'm sorry if the Deutschlandring has ended up looking like Reims Gueux German Edition :( I am a graphic designer and not an architect, and seeing photos of Reims made me think maybe that's how the D-Ring would have looked if only it had been completed. It seemed possible for me to 'copy' Reims' buildings, but designing grandstands, pit buildings, everything that was missing, just seemed like too big a task for me :redface:

Thanks for posting those photos, I always love to see pictures of old tracks, either back then or how they look now. I'm sorry if the Deutschlandring has ended up looking like Reims Gueux German Edition :( I am a graphic designer and not an architect, and seeing photos of Reims made me think maybe that's how the D-Ring would have looked if only it had been completed. It seemed possible for me to 'copy' Reims' buildings, but designing grandstands, pit buildings, everything that was missing, just seemed like too big a task for me :redface:
maybe it would help to look up pictures of the original AVUS track in Berlin? Pretty much build in the same era I think.
record-drive-of-the-rak-2-on-the-avus-in-berlin-1928-cpmaw5.jpg

avus_031087.jpg

119_03.jpg

You can't put that idea in my head, just as I am finishing off the last few buildings :O_o: Hehe, good call though; I don't know why I never thought to look at AVUS for inspiration :rolleyes:

You can't put that idea in my head, just as I am finishing off the last few buildings :O_o: Hehe, good call though; I don't know why I never thought to look at AVUS for inspiration :rolleyes:
The old AVUS was quiet a boring track, straights with turn at each end. Don't think anyone would have much *fun driving it :D
611px-Circuit_AVUS.svg.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes