The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The old AVUS was quiet a boring track, straights with turn at each end. Don't think anyone would have much *fun driving it :D
611px-Circuit_AVUS.svg.png

Gotta remember the era. Going fast was a lot harder then than it is now. The cars were unstable, the brakes were terrible, there was no safety precautions... Driving a modern car there wouldn't be all that interesting I'm sure, but driving something from the period? I bet that was bloody terrifying.

Also, I'm pretty sure the banking there had no guard rail of any sort. Get it wrong, and that banked corner becomes a massive jump. So, there's that, too. ;)

Don't forget the tyres. Very high speeds to over 300km/h on that stretch of Autobahn, the braking and the 43.6° banking put a lot of stress on the tyres, I suppose that was quite a deciding factor in the races.

Last exterior badge I think, this one fully modelled instead of just a texture :D Looks alright, don't think it was too heavy tricount wise.
And yes the section inside the 'A' is supposed to be darker, no idea why though...

Most likely the spot for the main injection gate for the plastic injection mould. :) Us Industrial Designers always have our designs ruined like that ;) (har har, I kid I kid)

At last! Someone making a car for AC that doesn't look like it has just rolled off the production line :inlove:

It's only a sidewall texture, but it makes such a difference, to me :thumbsup: I can just imagine a complete "post race" texture, with dirty tyres, blued exhaust, dirt down the side, flies on the screen... :)

Youtube suggested me some rendering tutorials for the Cycles renderer, so instead of working on the model I just set up some materials to try it out. It's definitely better than the default Blender renderer for being easy to set up good materials.
Most generic background... ever

Awesome!
Is Cycles able to bake textures?

At last! Someone making a car for AC that doesn't look like it has just rolled off the production line :inlove:

It's only a sidewall texture, but it makes such a difference, to me :thumbsup: I can just imagine a complete "post race" texture, with dirty tyres, blued exhaust, dirt down the side, flies on the screen... :)

Does AC support any kind of time/distance dirtying of materials? I know there's the dirty tires and damaged bodywork overlays, but I was wondering if the engine supports that type of weathering.

Awesome!
Is Cycles able to bake textures?
Not sure, I had to turn it off again to export cause the materials were crashing the fbx exporter.

Bodywork has a dirt texture that builds up when you go offtrack, I seem to recall it only happens if the ground is not carrying skidmarks (you can't do them on grass obviously, cutoff is like, 0.85 friction?) but there's a dirt_additive=x line in the track surfaces.ini that says how fast it builds up.

So many cool finished and wip mods over here! Like looking at new posts here!

This 911 F is something I've been working on, although stalled a bit lately. I should probably finish it, shouldn't I... It's already drive-able in AC (placeholder physics/sound), just having a hard time with the interior which killed my motivation a bit + finding time in general (work/music).

porsche_911_f_front.png
porsche_911_f_back_wi.png
porsche_911_f_back.png

iJVwWik.jpg

Trying to sort out the UI items for each of the 3 layouts I'm doing. Will need to go back and re-visit the main track as I deleted all the ugly walls and am running with just an ugly collision barrier now....anyone want to make walls for Mont Tremblant?

Thanks guys for the feedback! It does indeed ask for Fuchs wheels but until 1966 it came with steel wheels. The '66 911R and the '67 911S were the first with Fuchs wheels. Anyway modeled them already:

Correct or not I do love the 911 Fuchs wheels... I even own a set. Bought them to put on my 944, which had Fuchs wheels from the factory, but the wider 911 rears look super sexy. :)

Love this project, AC is sorely missing a vintage road Porsche or two.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%