The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The S1 is seriously impressive, mostly the cockpit, but if you take a closer look into the textures and and filenames its pretty obvious that it had been parked on the Kunos harddrives for quite a while since Panky became part of the team. Close to 100 separate files, basically no undercarriage modelling (the springs are just a cylinder with some stripes - and its own single texture file).

It was the first full car I made for KS, pretty early in my quest to figure out what's what, it was like an unreleased time capsule. :) The file names scared me when I was revising it for the release, it has about three different naming conventions at the same time. The model and textures held up quite well but the texture structure is messy compared to our relatively conscious approach now. Now get that KRB out! ;)

Small detail - added some interior windscreen scratches to make it seem less invisible - not perfect but an improvement. (can kinda see it in sunlight)

8GmIX30h.jpg

And don't know why, but I love seeing the full suspension travel in action!

uQxBmQFh.jpg

YXXrhdRh.jpg

And which day suits you most for release, Thursday, Friday or Saturday? ASAP, or give a bit of time to enjoy the new car/track? :p Just been given the green light to release, so any day now really :rolleyes:

Small detail - added some interior windscreen scratches to make it seem less invisible - not perfect but an improvement. (can kinda see it in sunlight)

8GmIX30h.jpg

uQxBmQFh.jpg

YXXrhdRh.jpg

And which day suits you most for release, Thursday, Friday or Saturday? ASAP, or give a bit of time to enjoy the new car/track? :p Just been given the green light to release, so any day now really :rolleyes:

Thu, so we can use it for the Aussie Friday Night Fun racing. :)

8GmIX30h.jpg

uQxBmQFh.jpg

YXXrhdRh.jpg

Looks amazing! As for a release date, I'd say yesterday would be great, or maybe a little sooner :D

It was the first full car I made for KS, pretty early in my quest to figure out what's what, it was like an unreleased time capsule. :) The file names scared me when I was revising it for the release, it has about three different naming conventions at the same time. The model and textures held up quite well but the texture structure is messy compared to our relatively conscious approach now. Now get that KRB out! ;)
So I have one of the main Devs tell me that he can't wait for this mod... I feel more than flattered :inlove:

The main thing holding back a release is aero data... A user from the main forum has been trying to get a simplefied model through a CFD program he works with, so far without success. The KRB team has no data on this aswell... you don't happen to have data for the S1 Pike Peak version? That would be relatively close I suppose...

RBR RALLY LESSONS WIP

000396.jpg

Version 0.003 uploaded.

Parts moved closer together and excess area removed. Grass is now valid track.

I would be very gratefull for some feedback on the feel of the Gravel settings.
Recommendations for a car, that handles like the Subaru used in Richard Burns Rally Rally School, would also be very much welcome.

I was and am still frustrated about, being yanked out of the car when straying outside the cones, in the RBR Rally school. It very much breaks my learning.

Making something like this was actually the reason why, I got into trackbuilding in the first place.
I got BTB but couldn't figure out how to get the scale correct and gave up.

At some point I want to get this into RBR, I just have to figure out how.

Happy modding

It is very much an inspiration to follow this thread, with all of the exellent work here.:thumbsup:

It is also somewhat intimidating. Boy, I have much to learn.

Doesn't help, that I keep on forgetting stuff.:(

Keep up the inspiering work!

Need help? I got 32Gb :D
It tells me something about exceeding limits...theres tutorials on flow testing a cube, and here I am starting with a full car... I don't feel like diving head first into this tool, it was more a test to see if my stl files can be opened and treated correctly by other programs.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.5%