The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Seeing that shot there, I have to say, I think it looks much better with the rims entirely exposed and with just skinny mudguards over the tread (please don't hate me :O_o:)

Seeing that shot there, I have to say, I think it looks much better with the rims entirely exposed and with just skinny mudguards over the tread (please don't hate me :O_o:)

Maybe one day if AC implements the ability to add/remove 'parts' on cars - we can then have an option to suit everyone! :D Until then we'll just have to cope with painting them black :p

0aIRZgoh.jpg

dxquMDYh.jpg

Hypothetically speaking, how would the pit crew actually remove the wheel covers to change the tires? I don't see a seam and I keep thinking, "How would those things even come off?" :unsure::D

Looking at the above image - the white surround section and clear perspex window section would come off together with the wheel (the wheelnut is accessible without taking off the covers).

You'd then (in a racing situation) put your new wheels on together with a new set of covers. But given it runs street tyres, you don't need to be doing quick pitstops - so you'd just take the exiting covers off and slot them into the new tyre.

The only section that stays with the car when the wheels come off is the carbon-fibre backplate section, that covers the hub.

The pitstops in AC look a bit wonky though, as there is no way to have the covers come off in the pits - so the wheels end up just passing through them... :roflmao:

Edit*

I should make a showroom animation... :geek:

Last edited:
Maybe one day if AC implements the ability to add/remove 'parts' on cars - we can then have an option to suit everyone! :D
You could actually do this already, through Aero settings. Just have an fbx keyframe that changes the enclosing's scale to zero. I use this trick on my Audi's rear wing (wasn't it even you who told me about it?? :D)

Tho you already have that animated wingy, not sure if this works alongside it.

You could actually do this already, through Aero settings. Just have an fbx keyframe that changes the enclosing's scale to zero. I use this trick on my Audi's rear wing (wasn't it even you who told me about it?? :D)

Tho you already have that animated wingy, not sure if this works alongside it.
lol, I did tell you :roflmao: That's not a bad shout - though I do seem to remember it not working if you have other wing animations, and I'd rather keep the airbrake...

I'll do some tests, see if it works.

But if it does, it means everyone will see i've not made tyre textures yet (and wasn't planning to do so in the immediate future... :redface::laugh:)

lol, I did tell you :roflmao: That's not a bad shout - though I do seem to remember it not working if you have other wing animations, and I'd rather keep the airbrake...

I'll do some tests, see if it works.

But if it does, it means everyone will see i've not made tyre textures yet (and wasn't planning to do so in the immediate future... :redface::laugh:)

Did some tests - doesn't work :( I reckon its because the wheelcovers are in the suspension dummys (they have to be to move properly), so animations just don't work in-game (so probably the same issue I had trying to have lights work on the covers too...).

Worked in the showroom, but not in-game. Ah well, I tried :roflmao:

Expansion of the tyres shouldn't be an issue - there's actually a good bit of space between the cover walls and tyre. Brake temps should be okay too, as it has fairly hefty brake ducts (bear in mind its very lightweight, and brakes are pretty weak). Tyre temps? No idea :roflmao:
I was just wondering where the hot air goes, not how cold air comes in. ;) Nice work.

mtrr0pih.jpg

Not very visible, but finally the main bodywork UV map is asymmetrical, so full skins are possible now (probably not the most user friendly UV map to work from for skinners, but its a pretty odd shaped car... :roflmao:).

Means I no longer have that annoying seam down the nose cone :D

PrztDhoh.jpg

CHtbUCMh.jpg

Real glass 'tailgate' now has a hinge too.

Just got to polish up the steering wheel/buttons model, unwrap it and do the shift animations... :laugh:

mtrr0pih.jpg

Not very visible, but finally the main bodywork UV map is asymmetrical, so full skins are possible now (probably not the most user friendly UV map to work from for skinners, but its a pretty odd shaped car... :roflmao:).

Means I no longer have that annoying seam down the nose cone :D

PrztDhoh.jpg

CHtbUCMh.jpg

Real glass 'tailgate' now has a hinge too.

Just got to polish up the steering wheel/buttons model, unwrap it and do the shift animations... :laugh:
Oh my I think I need to change my trousers...!

Any chance of doing some cockpit shots? Very intrigued to see what it the "dashboard" and "windshield" look like from in there!
See it in action here:

Bit out of date - the interior is a bit further on now (yellow tub not nearly as bright now :roflmao:), but that's pretty much it really. Can't wait to see some vids of this thing with VR! :cool: Has pretty good visibility all round (unless you want to see behind... :laugh:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back