The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

well, since we're talking a tracks for a bit ( and that's still something that AC is lacking quite a bit )
I'm gonna share mine .... I wanted to keep in secret, until it's more polished, but I guess time to share it, ...perhaps I could get someone to help me out, since it's really long process

especially my biggest help would be someone who can take some more reference photos for me
it's Czech racetrack ( obivously) called Automotodrom Most, it has really nice flow to it, kinda like Magione but bit faster and I personally like it more :)

still waaaaayy long to go on this one

initially this was meant to be a upgrade conversion of the RF2 version of the track ( for which I got the permission from the original author) , but then someone told me about a way to get Aerial scan data, which should help with overall accuracy quite a bit ! ... and since it would have been nightmare to shape/deform the original track to match the scan, I decided to do it from scratch

currently I'm using some of the RF2 objects as placeholders, but in the end all will be replaced by me

the main texture is from the good old friend Googlemaps, and it will serve as a guide for where surfaces are, when doing a texturing on this one
it's amazing to have this as starting point though, the scan + aerial photo texture

2E284D9D8E45D970EEA4491C2AE7A46D488A8B15

I really really hope to finish this, but it won't be anytime soon.
I know I already abbandoned the Brno racetrack that I was working on, but unlike most, I didn't have the aeiral scan of it, which makes this so much more likely to be done properly, since I really strive for maximum accuracy

this was the original converted track after some some initial upgrades/cleanups, .. before I go the scan ( after which I decided that I have to re-build, to make myself happy )
Are you talking about a lidar scan data or something else?

Are you talking about a lidar scan data or something else?
I'm not sure what exactly they used, if it was laser mounted on a plane, or if it was some photo reconstruction ( photogrammetry)

the detail is not really close to what you get with lidar on ground, but on the other hand it looks more detailed then what you get through something like google earth

this is what they call it
"Digital Terrain Model of the Czech Republic of the 5th generation (DMR 5G) represents the image of natural or man-modelled terrain in digital form as heights of discrete points in a triangulated irregular network (TIN) with total mean error of the height 0.18 m in an open terrain and 0.3 m in a forested terrain. "

I'm not sure what exactly they used, if it was laser mounted on a plane, or if it was some photo reconstruction ( photogrammetry)

the detail is not really close to what you get with lidar on ground, but on the other hand it looks more detailed then what you get through something like google earth

this is what they call it
"Digital Terrain Model of the Czech Republic of the 5th generation (DMR 5G) represents the image of natural or man-modelled terrain in digital form as heights of discrete points in a triangulated irregular network (TIN) with total mean error of the height 0.18 m in an open terrain and 0.3 m in a forested terrain. "
Sounds interesting. The data I have been using is aircraft mounted Lidar and it has about the same accuracy.

all you track builders.. now that is an adventure I can't see myself embarking on :D

I'm doing some AI runs to dial in fuel consumption of the 996. Around 7 laps should be in it. The car in the middle is the XRR from LFS. It is not ripped, as many years ago (in 2008) the Devs published a bunch of 3DS models for skin rendering (or someone else did with their blessing), I'm reusing that model here. But heavily modified on every part that is not the main skinable body. I have ten of the old skins on it... oh nostalgia. Physics aim at being as close to the LFS car as possible, while at GT3 speed (I made this mod mainly early last year)
View attachment 168438

Last edited:
They did allow Blackwood to be converted and that car model is also in the free demo so it may be possible they will grant it. Would be worth at least an email to be sent.

That's still a rip. Unless the LFS dev's have given you permission to use the model in other games (unlikely) or you rebuilt it from scratch
I don't plan on releasing it. I think just asking for permission could get me banned out of spite over on the LFS forum, and I've spend too much time on there to let that happen. Even if today its as dead as the rest of that sim (if you don't count the posts of that mentally ill Kiwi)

Last edited:
I can say that this strange car is something which would definitely sell. It has some F1 in it, and a bike of course :D. I wonder how it would end up as a two (or maybe even three) seat car, I could imagine it as a small size city car (with a lot of design changes of course). It is one of the most interesting mods at the moment IMO. Decent fictional car.

It's sad to see those wheel covers being more open now, but I guess you would scrape it on any kerb you encountered :p
Looking awesome dude, cannot wait :)

The main concern for me would be if you had a puncture - I just picture the covers cracking under the load :roflmao: They do actually go almost to the floor still - only now I've made a 'rubber' strip which goes up to the rim, so any contact wouldn't cause any damage.

TcDm42Qh.jpg

I can say that this strange car is something which would definitely sell. It has some F1 in it, and a bike of course :D. I wonder how it would end up as a two (or maybe even three) seat car, I could imagine it as a small size city car (with a lot of design changes of course). It is one of the most interesting mods at the moment IMO. Decent fictional car.

I think IRL it would definitely be very niche - probably wouldn't be all that cheap to make and cerntainly isn't very practical as a daily - but luckily we don't have to concern ourselves with those things in a sim :D
I'm very interested to see the responce upon release - I have no idea if people have any interest driving things in AC that are not real - we'll soon find out! :p

Proper winter testing:

x1zKxydh.jpg

2tK1iB1h.jpg

I'm still wondering (as with some of the closed wheel formula concepts) how you'd deal with the expansion of the tyre and cooling of the brakes (and perhaps tyres in hot conditions). But it's fictional and a concept, so... :p

While not being into fictional cars normally, that is keeping me interested indeed. You said it´d be the S1000RR engine? Do you have a matching soundset?

Yeah, temperatures in the wheel housings might be tough, even with the vents in the glass. Would need some huge airspeed to get enough cooling air through there. Or maybe just some water jets, Formula Truck style ;)

Got the brushes back out to work on the last one in the series. I really like this one, though I guess it´s the first time I´ve applied eyeliner to a car :D

Showroom_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_20-0-2017-1-9-28.jpg

Will take some time to morph that logo on the other side, too, to match nicely. A lot of work still needed, but it´s a beginning ;)

It certainly seems like a plausible trackday car to me. No less niche than a BAC Mono or a X-bow. Obviously if the wheel covers are impractical IRL they can be done away with fairly easily. :)

It certainly seems like a plausible trackday car to me. No less niche than a BAC Mono or a X-bow. Obviously if the wheel covers are impractical IRL they can be done away with fairly easily. :)

Also, might be an idea to have "fan" style rims with the spokes being blades delivering the air to the outside of the rim to be pushed out through the vents. Something like this but the other way around:

2316.jpg

I'm still wondering (as with some of the closed wheel formula concepts) how you'd deal with the expansion of the tyre and cooling of the brakes (and perhaps tyres in hot conditions). But it's fictional and a concept, so... :p

Expansion of the tyres shouldn't be an issue - there's actually a good bit of space between the cover walls and tyre. Brake temps should be okay too, as it has fairly hefty brake ducts (bear in mind its very lightweight, and brakes are pretty weak). Tyre temps? No idea :roflmao:

While not being into fictional cars normally, that is keeping me interested indeed. You said it´d be the S1000RR engine? Do you have a matching soundset?

Yeah, temperatures in the wheel housings might be tough, even with the vents in the glass. Would need some huge airspeed to get enough cooling air through there. Or maybe just some water jets, Formula Truck style ;)

Sounds are WIP - right now I'm just using the F138 SFX as it goes to high enough revs - but I've heard a sample of what @Modek has been working on... So yes, it will have a matching soundset :D

Also, might be an idea to have "fan" style rims with the spokes being blades delivering the air to the outside of the rim to be pushed out through the vents. Something like this but the other way around:

Yeah I'm making the assumtion (could be very wrong) that the large brake ducts are sufficient to cool both the brakes and tyres. I do have plans for fan style wheels to pull/push airflow through the vents - though it will probably be an update after it releases :)

xU3SqEGh.jpg

Bj4ZW07h.jpg

Expansion of the tyres shouldn't be an issue - there's actually a good bit of space between the cover walls and tyre. Brake temps should be okay too, as it has fairly hefty brake ducts (bear in mind its very lightweight, and brakes are pretty weak). Tyre temps? No idea :roflmao:

Sounds are WIP - right now I'm just using the F138 SFX as it goes to high enough revs - but I've heard a sample of what @Modek has been working on... So yes, it will have a matching soundset :D

Yeah I'm making the assumtion (could be very wrong) that the large brake ducts are sufficient to cool both the brakes and tyres. I do have plans for fan style wheels to pull/push airflow through the vents - though it will probably be an update after it releases :)

xU3SqEGh.jpg

Bj4ZW07h.jpg

Sounds good! (Pun intended) ;)

About the wheels was just me thinking out loud.

The general quality looks awesome by now anyway!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back