The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

That harness isn't safe at all with no buckle. :D

Should to the trick?

170115_1.jpg

Fits nicely, just as well - I wouldn't wan't to go through that windscreen in a crash! Need to do the 'Cinture Off' thing still, but that's for tomorrow.

tv2tj5Qh.jpg

Last edited:
Ferrari vs Mclaren
I'm finishing a f1 1998 skin mod (2K,4K,8K), missing the helmets.
But the two virtua simulazioni cars do not have exterior sound, as does a new version for the tires.
Is it possible to have them in the future. Would be great.
01.jpg
05.jpg
09.jpg
11.jpg
14.jpg
16.jpg
18.jpg
20.jpg
22.jpg

Screenshot_vsf1_mclaren-mp413_ks_red_bull_ring_14-12-116-0-59-14.jpg

I think Virtua simulazioni is no longer active,
It would be a crime, these two beautiful models to be without updates.
PS.Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is why I haven't raced much online or in other tracks. Honestly, modding is evil.

But I feel like a chosen-one to do this track. Because it is crazy, interesting and from my Motherland.

Nemuno Zhiedas (Nemuno Žiedas) aka Nemunring slowly growing into AC:

cmP6bhI.jpg

Slowly growing trees and bushes all around the place. Experimenting, learning.. I guess to end up with something like 3-5k bushes and trees objects, for now 1.2K. I wonder if I haven't made too much KSTREE groups, now they goes: A;B;C;D;E;F.

0VXysC6.jpg

Awesome stuff begun, when I wrote to one professional racing driver - Tauras Tunyla. He does some test driving, and helps mre to understand which parts of the layout are about right, and which are wrong. Who needs lasers when you have pro who has probably driven at least thousand laps there haha

One extra detail - the water drainage almost right on the apex of uphill highspeed curve. Tauras said, that it upsets cars a lot, sometimes damages suspension lol I guess people hate that thing, but i love it haha

hQkAZhF.jpg

I hope to bring this track to you one day, just to show that this crazy track exists and what it is like :)

Yeah! It's about time you shared this with everyone else :)

Looks like you have a lot of trees in place already - colour-coding is a good way to organise your object placement (if that is what you are doing). It sounds like you are getting very useful information from your driver friend - that will be invaluable in making your track as realistic as possible.

One thing though - I have had better results with Y shaped trees, rather than X shaped. I know they use 12 faces rather than 8, but I do think they look more natural in-game.

Keep up the great work - really looking forward to seeing your progress :thumbsup:

well, since we're talking a tracks for a bit ( and that's still something that AC is lacking quite a bit )
I'm gonna share mine .... I wanted to keep in secret, until it's more polished, but I guess time to share it, ...perhaps I could get someone to help me out, since it's really long process

especially my biggest help would be someone who can take some more reference photos for me
it's Czech racetrack ( obivously) called Automotodrom Most, it has really nice flow to it, kinda like Magione but bit faster and I personally like it more :)

still waaaaayy long to go on this one

initially this was meant to be a upgrade conversion of the RF2 version of the track ( for which I got the permission from the original author) , but then someone told me about a way to get Aerial scan data, which should help with overall accuracy quite a bit ! ... and since it would have been nightmare to shape/deform the original track to match the scan, I decided to do it from scratch

currently I'm using some of the RF2 objects as placeholders, but in the end all will be replaced by me

the main texture is from the good old friend Googlemaps, and it will serve as a guide for where surfaces are, when doing a texturing on this one
it's amazing to have this as starting point though, the scan + aerial photo texture

2E284D9D8E45D970EEA4491C2AE7A46D488A8B15

I really really hope to finish this, but it won't be anytime soon.
I know I already abbandoned the Brno racetrack that I was working on, but unlike most, I didn't have the aeiral scan of it, which makes this so much more likely to be done properly, since I really strive for maximum accuracy

this was the original converted track after some some initial upgrades/cleanups, .. before I go the scan ( after which I decided that I have to re-build, to make myself happy )

Wow, Patrik, car guys are going for tracks too ! Nice surprise, never heard of that track - time for youtube haha All together we are going to model whole world haha

Thanks, Alfie :)

Yeah a lot of trees, I'm inspired by Thompson track. Right now a most of them are just randomly placed, someday they are going to be replanted. I have only bushes as X formed objects, all trees are Y, I don't know if it is right to have bushes as X shape, for some reason i did them like that, I though X shape will give more depth for them because they aren't as high as trees (but at the moment some of my bushes are almost as high as trees lol).

I would perfonally use Y for the closer ones, and X for the bit more distant ones, .. jsut to keep the polycount happy :) , if you use same texture and material, it shouldn't affect drawcalls in the bad way

yeah, I always played with idea to make a track too ... and this one I really have quite good references ( but sadly no nice photos , like I have for Brno)
when it comes to worst, next time I'm in Czech, I could try to go there and take photos myself
but I don;t think I go to Czech this year :-/

perhaps having a WIP thread somewhere could get me some czech people living near by

Ferrari vs Mclaren
I'm finishing a f1 1998 skin mod (2K,4K,8K), missing the helmets.
But the two virtua simulazioni cars do not have exterior sound, as does a new version for the tires.
Is it possible to have them in the future. Would be great.

I think Virtua simulazioni is no longer active,
It would be a crime, these two beautiful models to be without updates.
PS.Correct me if I'm wrong.
we are alive just a very hard year for us for multiple reasons from exams to hacks to earthquakes its been odd. I hope this year is better but i cant confirm anything. We have outlined an action plan for updates and new cars so expect something in the coming year

Great track, better than Brno (IMO) which is also a nice track, certainly better flow than Brno, except that first chicane, which is probably most tight chicane I have ever seen. it probably would be safer track without that chicane, but sometimes things like that makes tracks special. That BMW does a good show.

Great track, better than Brno (IMO) which is also a nice track, certainly better flow than Brno, except that first chicane, which is probably most tight chicane I have ever seen. it probably would be safer track without that chicane, but sometimes things like that makes tracks special. That BMW does a good show.
they also run a variant without the chicane, but I guess for slower cars only, since you could be picking up quite some speed :)

yeah, as much as I love Brno ( evenmore so since I drove in it in real life) I do agree that it seems to have better flow ... Brno is somewhat boring , although I love the S curve up the hill towards the end of track , and then another one on top of the hilll - although that one is not as good as first one

Slowly growing trees and bushes all around the place. Experimenting, learning.. I guess to end up with something like 3-5k bushes and trees objects, for now 1.2K. I wonder if I haven't made too much KSTREE groups, now they goes: A;B;C;D;E;F.

0VXysC6.jpg
I've seen tracks using group A, AA, B, BB, ... P, PP, etc. All in all a good 60 groups maybe. It all depends on your track.

Are those colours the groups or different type of tree? Groups should be used on groups of trees near each other so you can easily LOD them out (or let the engine cull them). If your groups are the coloured ones, none of those groups will ever LOD out/cull because always one bit of group is visible.

I will probably curse that drainage cover within a few laps, but it should be awesome too :D

@Patrik Marek X trees are a big no-no as they will mess up the lighting. Or rather, they make the polygon edges more visible. Even at greater distances. 2D trees with proper normals would look better than X trees, IMO.
Looks to be a fun track by the way :)

@NightEye87 Thanks for info :) Different colors are just different materials, I have groups correctly, but I don't know if most rationally. I wonder how much groups Nordschleife has for example :D I guess A group for each 500m - 1000m, well thats how I have done it. It is a bit tricky at that part where road loops. It is a track where you basically see half of it most of the time.

Starting to feel a bit inadequate with all this track making going on :p

Always fancied making an ultimate test track - that combines all the things useful for developing/testing mods; high speed oval, skid pan, brake distance markings, different road surfaces, inclines, areas to check colliders, low grip surfaces....

But sounds awfully complicated - i think I'll leave it to the experts! :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing