The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Some Porsche WIPs:
IwkrBO0.jpg

5ypUVge.jpg

Surprised I haven't seen more Ice Watch cars, it's a pretty adaptable livery.

A little tutorial on getting Danish ortho photos in the works.
Bellahøj 2007
Bellahøj Park 2007.jpg

Bellahøj 2008
Bellahøj Park 2008.jpg

Bellahøj 2009
Bellahøj Park 2009.jpg

Also ramping up to get my older tuts reposted. They are burried somwhere in the archives at the moment.

Happy modding

Be careful ! Chinese reproducers are already setting up factory lines and is about to launch the production without any warning. Real life rips :D

THAT CAR IS A BLAST TO DRIIIIIIVE

You should launch it first :D Call them (just randomly seen a link in local news site) http://tramontanacorp.com/

Hey Gary, why don't you load up a snowy track and let us see if we can spot it?:whistling:
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

SSNGWSPh.jpg

IGK1b2Gh.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Anyway, the whole point of this post (I got distracted, with the camo shenanigans and whatnot...), is that I've refined the livery/skin template to the best of my abilities, to try and making skinning as easy as possible.

Bear in mind its a pretty... unusual body shape (to put it kindly :p), and I'm definitely not the best at UV unwrapping, so anyone brave enough to try and make a decent livery without using some sort of 3D painting will have quite the challenge on their hands.

Last edited:
Yeah, just as effective as i thought.:) Taking away the sheen and putting it further away, would probably work even better.

I look forward to try the little beast. Will be difficult to squese into though.:unsure::)

@garyjpaterson , Like the 4 button version even better, too. Seems more fitting there, in my opinion. Looking forward to whizzing it around.

Progress is slow but more or less steady. Reflection mapping is really important with this one, with the paint being quite matte, but the decals partially glossy. Gives me some chance to fiddle around with the effect of the colours of the skin_MAP file. A lot of small logos still missing, too. Rear is pretty much done, though. Need to replace that #36 again, too, it´s too bold. Back to the paintshop. No given font matches so it´s a lot of trial and error, combining fonts and editing them. Or I could just trace it from a photo.

Showroom_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_25-0-2017-1-19-44.jpg

Does anyone here have a template for the GT3 R's tires? I´d like to create the correct ones and include them with the skins. Especially for the next project.

I have been having a little fight with the guardrail mountingplate in the middle.
000036.png

When selected it didn't turn around, the origin in the middle of it self.
Couldn't find any solutions, so made another one from scratch. (Wish I had thought about that sooner.):(

The hardware is for normal map baking. A first for me.

Happy modding

Needed more than two buttons on the steering wheel, but couldn't find anywhere accessible without moving your hands - so gamepad style it is then!

Just need to texture it up and away we go!
That looks like really high res mesh, may I ask what the tris count for the whole car is like? I currently try staying below 200k (mostly because Blender is starting to run a little slower lately)

That looks like really high res mesh, may I ask what the tris count for the whole car is like? I currently try staying below 200k (mostly because Blender is starting to run a little slower lately)

Not sure atm, I know its above 200k but hopefully below 250k. And yeah those buttons are a lot higher than the old ones - they kept annoying me since I could see the edges while driving :roflmao:

Definitely not the most careful and optimised use of polys, but its certainly not too bad. There's a lot of detail in areas that don't really need it, so I should be able to save a ton of tris for a LOD_B without sacrificing much visible detail.

Kinda looking forward to making lods (will be after first release), but its a bit daunting considering its not something I've done before.

Edit*

Who remembers these? :p Cant believe that was only just over 3 months ago, feels like a lifetime!

iBlHstWh.jpg

yGwD0VEh.jpg

I remember not wanting to show it properly because I wasn't even convinced myself! :roflmao:

Last edited:
Needed to divert my attention to this because real life people have been bugging me for it...having a few round to try it out in two weeks time, so I'll probably chuck up v0.2 for download a couple of days after that, will see what I can get into it by that time...then back to cars :redface:

Looks pretty solid. Is it built with any kind of data?

Looks pretty solid. Is it built with any kind of data?
Nothing amazing, like decent lidar data or scanned pointclouds unfortunately...used google earth imagery for the 2D positioning of things, some 3D GPS splines I pulled and converted from an XGPS-160 sensor from a couple of my trackdays for the track surface, gigabytes worth of high-res photos, same in onboard videos and 15 or so real trackdays worth of experience there in my GT86 :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.