The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

About time for some windows, unfortunately now you can see there is no interior! Next job I guess...

kilChudh.jpg

WAdXoBph.jpg

auYrrePh.jpg

Tiny cockpit or giant driver? ;)
Both!

The kunos driver is pretty large, for many projects he needs scaled down to fit properly (the Williams FW08 I posted a few days ago, he was scaled down considerably).

But yes, the cockpit is quite tight, certainly not enough space to have him sat offset like an LMP1 car, but I didn't scale him down so I'm happy enough with the fit.

I also think he looks larger because you can see his legs - they will be under the dashboard so should look a bit better.

You are now free to design a LMP dash and wheel from scratch... quite an interesting task...

...how about a Pagani-esque rev dial in the middle of the dash? I would not put the main screen there, for many of us prefer dash view with no wheel :)

You are now free to design a LMP dash and wheel from scratch... quite an interesting task...

...how about a Pagani-esque rev dial in the middle of the dash? I would not put the main screen there, for many of us prefer dash view with no wheel :)
Not sure really. Originally CAE didn't even want an interior, but I didn't want a completely blank space. I've settled for a very basic, simple interior, sort of inspired by the Aston Valkyrie interior. Not as busy as a real modern racecar but not completely empty.

aston-martin-valkyrie_10-news.jpg

It has to be said, with knowing just a tiny bit about the inner workings of the Perrinn project, the news isn't really surprising. They hadn't put the car in a wind tunnel (and hadn't done full CFD tests), hadn't done any simulation work, hadn't really developed the car since its first showing, had some mystery buyer with a mystery engine, etc... If you compare the Ginetta package to the Perrinn package, you get more for your money (and know what that money's going towards) with the former.

The lighting is nice, but the lack of any tone on the floor almost give the effect of the cars 'floating' :unsure: Maybe a touch of reflection on the floor might help? Nice though :thumbsup:

I don't see why @stingray_SIX_TWO and @mclarenf1papa's project should stop, they already have the cad model and data.

Kind of not surprising though, its been so long since this Perrin thing started, I'm not sure I ever believed it'd actually race. Definitely a shame though.

I'm game. Like I told you guys I can guarantee that this car will see the light of day in AC just that I was unsure if it would materialize in RL. @mclarenf1papa has done such an outstanding job in gathering and implementing all the data and prepping the model and setup so I'll finish prepping the model and get it close to/within the AC limits and finish it. Who knows maybe we'll tweak the aero, design and drivetrain (HY) a bit and create a custom spinoff :).

Love the wheels!!! I experimented with this low drag design on the Perrinn wheels but was instructed to keep the wheel as is...guess we got a bit more freedom of choice now :).

I still have to tweak the rear wheels, I'll make them a bit deeper-dish, have to be careful how I do it because I don't want a separate texture.

I'm game. Like I told you guys I can guarantee that this car will see the light of day in AC just that I was unsure if it would materialize in RL. @mclarenf1papa has done such an outstanding job in gathering and implementing all the data and prepping the model and setup so I'll finish prepping the model and get it close to/within the AC limits and finish it. Who knows maybe we'll tweak the aero, design and drivetrain (HY) a bit and create a custom spinoff :).

Damn right, can't wait for it.

-----

Btw, if any physics guru's want a stab at another fictional LMP style car, give me a shout. Its already in a pretty good state, just awaiting final aero data - everything else is pretty loosely defined. Particularly interested with suspension design help - right now its not far off, but sometimes a little unstable, almost 'hopping' with lower speed corners.

Gj0Q9P8h.jpg

I still have to tweak the rear wheels, I'll make them a bit deeper-dish, have to be careful how I do it because I don't want a separate texture.

Damn right, can't wait for it.

-----

Btw, if any physics guru's want a stab at another fictional LMP style car, give me a shout. Its already in a pretty good state, just awaiting final aero data - everything else is pretty loosely defined. Particularly interested with suspension design help - right now its not far off, but sometimes a little unstable, almost 'hopping' with lower speed corners.

Gj0Q9P8h.jpg

'A little unstable'...I don't know about your experience but after @mclarenf1papa finalized the physics on the Perrinn I was like 'I had no clue how these things actually drive before.' Took me a good 20 laps around Nurburgring GP to get anywhere close where I should be. The not so accurate models out there (Kunos and URD, etc.) really mess up the feeling you need for machines in this class. That said after a while it's pretty addictive and predictable but still insainely twitchy.

By the way that shot shows off nicely how good AC can look.

'A little unstable'...I don't know about your experience but after @mclarenf1papa finalized the physics on the Perrinn I was like 'I had no clue how these things actually drive before.' Took me a good 20 laps around Nurburgring GP to get anywhere close where I should be. The not so accurate models out there (Kunos and URD, etc.) really mess up the feeling you need for machines in this class. That said after a while it's pretty addictive and predictable but still insainely twitchy.

By the way that shot shows off nicely how good AC can look.

I don't think this will be quite as extreme as an LMP1 car, its around 680bhp peak with KERS and a CL of around 4.5. Plus its RWD only, so its quite a simple thing to drive in comparison.

Just looking for someone with proper experience with suspension and tyres for this type of vehicle. I think I'm 80% there already, just needs some final tweaks.

Actually we have around the same setup, RWD, 700hp, comparable CL. Might just be my lack of driving experience with this class of car. Of course when you add the hybrid system, tweak the suspension and let it loose it's a different kind of animal.

Actually we have around the same setup, RWD, 700hp, comparable CL. Might just be my lack of driving experience with this class of car. Of course when you add the hybrid system, tweak the suspension and let it loose it's a different kind of animal.
Ah ok, I thought the Perrin was supposed to be AWD. Could be quite close in performance then, that'd be cool.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back