The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

By the way about your wheels @garyjpaterson:

OdIvIBp.png

Audi have simply put an 'aero' plate on the outer edge of the wheel so there isn't actually anything connecting the plate with the wheel except the outer frame. Might be helpful.

I have a rather nice 11.5km circuit in the works that really puts LMP cars through their paces, if you would like a different track to test on (includes a 1.6km straight, flat-out kinks, hairpins, cobbles and an elevation differential of around 180m) :)

Uh oh... Now what would that be? Lemme think here... It wouldn't be the "lonely S" right?
Now that would make my day.

No, sorry :( It's an old circuit from 1950s Germany, the Felbergring

MsnPiTL.jpg

8ABt0Oi.jpg

fajClwv.jpg

Jeeze man that course in an LMP1 :D. I recon it's got less runoff areas as the Northloop and track width seems to be around the same. I've put the Perrinn on the Northloop with the aim of besting that Porsche 956 record, so far I've gotten it down to around 6:50 but that is one hell of a job. Your track looks about the same kind of insanity...in a good way!

That's okay then :)

Were you thinking Sudschleife? Or Schotten? Or Solitude? So many great circuits yet to make it into AC :inlove:

This is a lap of an early version, in the Praga. Village section is now cobbled, and pretty much 50% of the track runs through woodland. It's a real rush, already :)

I thought it was Solitude. I mean, 11.5 km... Elevation changes are about right. It did have some parts cobbled iirc. Long straight and hairpins. Just looking at the map of both and even the layout is very similar. And yeah I agree with Sudschleife. Would be great to have that one too. There's just something about those classic German tracks that I just love. Any historic track is a winner IMO, but the German ones have this special atmosphere... Would be great to have a full Nord and Sudschleife to run on. And did I mention Avus? By the way, any news on the Deutschlandring?

Last edited:
It's still in the works. I got back on it after I finished Thomson Road, got it about 75% completed, but just kind of fell out of love with it. Probably spent too long working on it and then got to the tedious part of adding vegetation. That's when I moved onto Circuit Clermont-Ferrand (50% done) and also started looking around for older 50s/60s tracks to work on (and a fictional 20-30km Black Forest real-road track).

I think that if I spent about a month on it without getting too distracted I could probably get it completed. It's a lot more fun now the 250F is easier to drive too (thank you Kunos) although it's still a struggle to get the W125 round in one piece :rolleyes:

I don't think this will be quite as extreme as an LMP1 car, its around 680bhp peak with KERS and a CL of around 4.5. Plus its RWD only, so its quite a simple thing to drive in comparison.

Just looking for someone with proper experience with suspension and tyres for this type of vehicle. I think I'm 80% there already, just needs some final tweaks.
Do you have an aeromap or are you just going with overall CL numbers? These kinds of cars are super sensitive to ride height so that'd be something you should keep in mind if you don't have full aero data.

As for the tires, you can't use the standard Kunos model of load sensitivity, it just won't work correctly for this type of car. I would do something fairly linear with (from memory) a bit over 1.5 mu at 5000N and a little over 1.1 at 10,000N (maybe closer to 1.2). Beyond 10kN I merge the linear model with Kunos's to get it to be reasonable at high loads. That should get you in the ball park. Also use 1.5 for the CX_Mult parameter.

For inertia use something like 1.45, 0.65, 4.0.

And don't take reference from Kunos LMPs for the setup (they're nothing like the LMPs I've worked on). Use a very stiff front (200 N/mm wheelrate and maybe 500 N/mm ARB) and a substantially softer rear (150 N/mm and 10 N/mm respectively) with damping ratios around 1.0 for both bump and rebound (bump perhaps a bit higher than rebound and front a bit higher than rear). 3rd springs are more or less essential (run these as stiff as needed to avoid bottoming out...should also have setup options), otherwise your corner springs will need to be ridiculous.

That should get you fairly close, PM me if you have questions.

Do you have an aeromap or are you just going with overall CL numbers? These kinds of cars are super sensitive to ride height so that'd be something you should keep in mind if you don't have full aero data.

As for the tires, you can't use the standard Kunos model of load sensitivity, it just won't work correctly for this type of car. I would do something fairly linear with (from memory) a bit over 1.5 mu at 5000N and a little over 1.1 at 10,000N (maybe closer to 1.2). Beyond 10kN I merge the linear model with Kunos's to get it to be reasonable at high loads. That should get you in the ball park. Also use 1.5 for the CX_Mult parameter.

For inertia use something like 1.45, 0.65, 4.0.

And don't take reference from Kunos LMPs for the setup (they're nothing like the LMPs I've worked on). Use a very stiff front (200 N/mm wheelrate and maybe 500 N/mm ARB) and a substantially softer rear (150 N/mm and 10 N/mm respectively) with damping ratios around 1.0 for both bump and rebound (bump perhaps a bit higher than rebound and front a bit higher than rear). 3rd springs are more or less essential (run these as stiff as needed to avoid bottoming out...should also have setup options), otherwise your corner springs will need to be ridiculous.

That should get you fairly close, PM me if you have questions.
Thanks man, appreciate the tips!
Right now its just overall aero number, he's just beginning his aero development on the le mans spec now having just finished the high downforce one, so hoping for more accurate numbers soon.

Will work more on this tomorrow, looking forward to trying it out. :thumbsup:

-----

Hey, @AccAkut, how many times did you ask for someone do do the driver position/steering animation for this thing on this thread? 10 times maybe :roflmao: Finally did it! Been bugging me for too long :laugh:

G7oT6Yyh.jpg

DnG2ugph.jpg

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 103 71.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 28 19.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 30 20.7%