The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Oh god, keyframe nightmare :D But no, so far only separate up and downshifts can be animated, and only limited to the hands.

...has anyone ever tried including driver animation in the lights.ksanim?

Yeah didn't think so, would just be cool to have maybe the thumbs push buttons or thumb and index turning a knob. Totally out there in nice to have unimportant stuff land here but hey :).

Side project advancing too fast :coffee:
6s0Dupf.jpg

rV6QNyD.jpg

Side project advancing too fast :coffee:
6s0Dupf.jpg

rV6QNyD.jpg
Very nice, proportions looks decent from what I can tell (maybe headlights are a little small or out of shape, not sure).

Did notice a few things though; I'd extend and connect some of those edges (marked in blue). I think the reflections on the sharp wheelarch crease would be a bit nicer.
Also the crease of the front wing and front door panel don't really match up that well (marked in red).

uJEtIMk.jpg

That looks just like my real car! :cautious::sneaky:

Finally got those wheels back on the car last week... so much for "summer" tires. At least we have warm autumns around here.

Last edited:
Trying out a headlight design - thought it would be cool to try and incorporate CAEdevice's logo (below) into the cluster:

leJl2Z6.jpg

FCwF7QLh.jpg

We'll see how it goes, not sure how I'll work out the actual lighting elements, got a few ideas.
Personally I don't dislike the light cluster itself, but the shape of the housing leaves some to be desired to me (though in fairness I've felt the same about most recent LMPs)...

Ligier, HPD, and Audi have had some interesting designs:
VSA_ELMS_SILV17_SP1_5729.jpg

HPDARX-03cAragonTestingNovember2012-1.jpg

lm24-r18-41.jpg

Not a fan of that design, sorry :unsure:

:roflmao: No need to be sorry, I'm not sure I'm a fan of it yet either!

Personally I don't dislike the light cluster itself, but the shape of the housing leaves some to be desired to me (though in fairness I've felt the same about most recent LMPs)...

Ligier, HPD, and Audi have had some interesting designs:
VSA_ELMS_SILV17_SP1_5729.jpg

HPDARX-03cAragonTestingNovember2012-1.jpg

lm24-r18-41.jpg

Yep, agree to some degree, though I'm not really a fan of the odd shaped housings, especially the Audi ones which do a half-arsed job of mimicking the road car range. The 2015 Porsche was the best IMO, nice and simple.

I tried a few different shapes, more dynamic stylish ones but the problem is they look great from head on, but any other angle the bodywork curvature skews the shape making them look really bad.

I think you'll be better off doing LED's in the geared shapes

Yep, probably a good shout. I'm thinking the gear shape will instead just be a more simple graphic element rather than 3d shapes

I feel like those older fashion lamp style lights are gonna disappear simply because of the weight and as Porsche and Toyota talked about you can just remove and replace the whole light cluster at once which saves time. Look at the HPD mclarenf1papa put up,each light has three screws on it. Say for example the cluster in the 919 has 4(guessing here) so you can be removed more quickly, since its larger as well it will be easier to handle. Do consider these guys in the pits have all that safety equipment which makes it harder to get into smaller places so every little helps. Not an issue that will effect us in AC but its a added touch which a lot more teams are considering now.

That and the level of lumens with LED or laser is utterly ridiculous.

Just before spa 2016 I called the new lights ugly and Neel Jani schooled me on how its universally superior so I've remembered it pretty well.

Last edited:
Probably not of interest to anyone here, but images of the Nurburgring spec MRVC cars are out - always interesting to see the changes compared to the Monaco ones.

Think CAE wants to have this as an optional aero package for AC, but I won't be modelling it, just the low df spec.

Nurburgring:
CAEdevice_NBR_2017-frt_iso-024.png
CAEdevice_NBR_2017-rr_iso-024.png

Monaco:

CAEdevice_Monaco_2017-frt_iso-024.png

CAEdevice_Monaco_2017-rr_iso-024.png

Then our one. Spot the difference(s)? :p
Gj0Q9P8.jpg

c2cPl5h.jpg

Probably not of interest to anyone here, but images of the Nurburgring spec MRVC cars are out - always interesting to see the changes compared to the Monaco ones.

Think CAE wants to have this as an optional aero package for AC, but I won't be modelling it, just the low df spec.

Nurburgring:
CAEdevice_NBR_2017-frt_iso-024.png
CAEdevice_NBR_2017-rr_iso-024.png

Monaco:

CAEdevice_Monaco_2017-frt_iso-024.png

CAEdevice_Monaco_2017-rr_iso-024.png

Then our one. Spot the difference(s)? :p
Gj0Q9P8.jpg

c2cPl5h.jpg
Holy inefficiency.

It's a scary thought, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that F1 could end up being like that, with no real racing, no inefficient driver, no overtaking, just the most effective car vs the track :cry:

It's a scary thought, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that F1 could end up being like that, with no real racing, no inefficient driver, no overtaking, just the most effective car vs the track :cry:
I don't believe F1 will ever go driverless. Other driverless parallel series? yeah probably, and it'll be interesting from a technical perspective, but it will never replace real racing, surely.

I did hear F1 are looking at a driverless safety car though, and I have no problem with that.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 121 69.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 24.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 35 20.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 35 20.2%