The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

It is definitely pretty! Have you designed that yourself?
No, definitely not! Its this guys car: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-kvrc-mp003d-open-physics-and-graphics.28927/

Designed for an aero based competition, thought the surfaces are purely aero based - no windows, doors, panels or anything. I've got pretty much free reign in these areas, making it look a bit more realistic and plausible.

This is it below, but without all the crazy front aero appendages as this is the Monaco downforce package, we will be getting the Le Mans spec.

CAEdevice_Monaco_2017-frt_iso-024.png

You can see already the glass area i'm making is completely different, I'll make more suitable wheels too.

Ahhh right, yeah I saw that when you first posted it just didn't make the connection that you're building his 'aerocar'.

Sounds awesome.
Yeah its a lot of fun, being semi-fictional on my part is refreshing. The competition is pretty close, so I can't post pics of the Le Mans spec properly yet as I guess he doesn't want his competitors to see his solutions.

I think its quite good looking in the context of modern prototypes though, all RWD too with fairly minimal KERS, so its a bit more conventional to drive which I enjoy.

Trying to find some ingame pics that don't show the nose/front splitter/diffuser etc. Found a few with the same sort of angle

nfxHFRdh.jpg

iQJe5lGh.jpg

vSb4jeLh.jpg

Last edited:
I'm always working on quite a few cars (most for fun, others as commissions, some as IER projects)...I decided I'd do the Acura as a weekend project because they accidentally showed a bunch of their aero data in a promo video for the car, and I've been wanting to do a current-generation LMP2/DPi. Unless someone produces a model it won't be released.

Usually I wouldn't show this kind of work (typically very sensitive data), but since the source material can be found online anyway (though now you may have some trouble as they blurred it in the video) I'm making the exception.
Dude... you have to find someone to model this sucker
imsa-acura-arx-05-dpi-presentation-2017-acura-arx-05-dpi.jpg

My God that's one ugly sucker. The camo version looked so cool and slick now this. The branded front ruins it. Otherwise indeed pretty cool looking even though I do prefer the low and wide chassis look as opposed to the round and narrow...

Just a little fun this evening - an old model from @Ricardo Rey, complete with textures, whipped up into AC! Doesn't look all that bad really considering the age of the model, about 35k tris overall I think, so a LOD B basically.

XS9ycw9h.jpg

Bzs7TWHh.jpg

dIx4jx3h.jpg

9iC4yMTh.jpg

od1lzVwh.jpg

Don't expect much of this though, unless someone wants to take it on and clean up the mesh and treat it to some nice physics to go with - too much for me to take on just now.

Just a little fun this evening - an old model from @Ricardo Rey, complete with textures, whipped up into AC! Doesn't look all that bad really considering the age of the model, about 35k tris overall I think, so a LOD B basically.

XS9ycw9h.jpg

Bzs7TWHh.jpg

dIx4jx3h.jpg

9iC4yMTh.jpg

od1lzVwh.jpg

Don't expect much of this though, unless someone wants to take it on and clean up the mesh and treat it to some nice physics to go with - too much for me to take on just now.
Well ok then... Time to hit the youtube and learn some 3ds max... :geek:
Too many great mods not coming to life due to a lack of 3d modelers.

I think 3D modellers you actually find the most of. Really knowledgeable physics guys and sound guys are hard to come by tho.

I've been working on something else, finally had some stuff arrive...
1.jpg

problem is now that a chair on caster wheels shows its drawbacks :redface:...will have to work that out

Start from refference images, don't use whacky blueprints, better use real car photos, if you can find decent ones. I also suggest to use cladding method instead of box sculpting.

I wouldn't say that there are not many 3D modellers, but not many are able to finish what they start, or get near finish, I don't think I'll finish any of my mods soon, but I can share them when they are good enough IMO.

Just check 3D car models subforum which was banned there a year ago. So many unfinished and never released mods... tons of them

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%