PC2 The Project CARS Survey: Have Your Say!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
1.jpg

Project CARS developers Slightly Mad Studios have launched a sizable survey aimed at gathering opinions about their current title and its in development sequel, Project CARS 2, allowing everyone to voice their opinion on the direction the franchise should take.

The survey is open to anyone who wishes to partake regardless of WMD membership status.

Although a smash hit in the sales charts, PCARS received quite a bit of bad press upon it's release from the sim racing community, and deservedly so, with many feeling a title that had been in development for such a long time shouldn't have been launched with such a sizable number of glitches, bugs and an all round unpolished feel that the title had on initial release.

It appears that the World of Mass Development community driven project is looking to learn from past mistakes and is opening up to a wider audience with this survey.

How do you feel PCARS should develop the game (and sequel) going forward? Leave your comments in the section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. Andy, I have regretted that my generation has an enter key instead of a stamp on more than one occasion. :cautious:
I enjoy playing Pcars for it's ease of use compared to the other serious sims (coz I am not that good to be honest;))

Ahhh. No wonder I love it. :roflmao:
It's not a bad time to be on the console if you aren't that picky. If Dirt gets ported, we will really be able to check out how ports compare, since that one seems to be well regarded. :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 113561

Because this is a racing sim forum.

Yep 100% valid argument (NOT)

Yep, I´m sure being able to use always minimum ride height because underbody collisions are **** is not an exploit. Or the Formula B pressure exploit for the Yiro compound. Really, go play the game and get a clue.
That is simply wrong .... try LMP1 at LeMans with minimum ride height vs maximum ride height and you will see that minimum ride height is massively slower (a couple of seconds slower).
That with Formula B tire pressure is also wrong (Tested with Patch 6.0)

IRL cars don´t get glued on lateral door to door contact, only nose to tail.
As said there are RL examples for this ... a lot of them. I know of a particular video that shows it very well but couldnt find it anymore (a collision between an LMP and a GT car in a right hander). Its realistic but overdone in PCARS 1
Ie:
or this one

Nope, it´s not. Go out in the night. Try to spot the guy behind you down a straight. If he´s more than 1.something away, you can´t see him.
No problem if he has his lights on. I did also some multiclass races at night. I even participated in a 3h race (with 24h day-night-cycle).

Sorry mate, this ain´t fanboy wars, you might be a shill but I have no agenda and couldn´t care less.
Then why are you here? Im no fanboy of PCARS, otherwise i would NEVER admit it has flaws

Wet weather is crap, as proved by a muppet like me doing 1:32´s with the Lotus 98T in heavy rain at Monza, when Vettel´s pole in 2008 was a 1:37. And yeah, assists were off, yada, yada, yada. 100 brake pressure, no ABS, low downforce. And I could brake past the 150 meters board. Now go look for footage of 2008, and then when you have a clue, come back.
And other sims are doing much much more realistic times ... (NOT)

I think the only one having no clue is you - especially your answer 1 shows youre ****
Or that you dont know that there is IRL a glue effect. As said its overdone in PCARS 1 but its realistic as you see in the videos.

@neuer31 why are ignoring my olive branch and offer of a free months RaceDepartment subscription. neuer31, are you here just to cause trouble? To argue with everyone who doesn't agree with you?:rolleyes: You don't seem intent on making friends or contributing and racing here. Just insulting members.
I think there are enough posts of yours where you insult members by calling them **** and trolls etc.
Yep i definitely insulted members here .... (plz show me where I insulted members here, I couldnt find it) (Ps: Calling someone a troll where he def. fits the definition is not insulting, further i never said what **** means nor does the one I quoted that **** - with other words you can fill in it yourself ^^) - i will come back for the offer though but not yet ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
@neuer31 why are you ignoring my olive branch and offer of a free months RaceDepartment subscription. neuer31, are you here just to cause trouble? To argue with everyone who doesn't agree with you?:rolleyes: You don't seem intent on making friends or contributing and racing here. Just insulting members.

My guess is you can't handle people being nice to you can you? You exist to use verbal abuse.

Any way my offer is there for you to take up. You can accept or you can carry on causing arguments. Your choice.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yep i definitely insulted members here .... (plz show me where I insulted members here, I couldnt find it) - i will come back for the offer though but not yet ok?

I think there are enough posts of yours where you insult members by calling them **** and trolls etc. Do you not count that as insulting?
I will pay for you to become a contributing Racedepartment member for one month so that we can race together here. Just let me know when you are ready. :thumbsup: Hopefully you'll be man enough to accept and quit the insults and verbal abuse.

Last edited:

C'mon Dude, at this rate you're going to break the Internets!

I realise it's cold outside, but maybe you might need to step away from the computer, pop outside for a little bit and take a couple of deep breaths. Then come back in and reflect to what's upsetting you so much, if you're on the right track you'll soon realise you're getting strung up over a GAME. Yes, a game. No game deserves to be defended to the extent to where you've taken it.

So c'mon, Bud. Let it go and just accept that some people may have a differing opinion than your own. Believe me, there's bigger issues in this world that you could be directing your energy towards. :)

• Deleted member 113561

C'mon Dude, at this rate you're going to break the Internets!

I realise it's cold outside, but maybe you might need to step away from the computer, pop outside for a little bit and take a couple of deep breaths. Then come back in and reflect to what's upsetting you so much, if you're on the right track you'll soon realise you're getting strung up over a GAME. Yes, a game. No game deserves to be defended to the extent to where you've taken it.

So c'mon, Bud. Let it go and just accept that some people may have a differing opinion than your own. Believe me, there's bigger issues in this world that you could be directing your energy towards. :)
I accept that some would say that they think PCARS isnt as fun or doesnt feel as good as other pure Sims. But spreading lies about it is a different thing. I have no anger in me - maybe its the way i write that makes the impression so.
On the other side (in relation to your writing) no one should write so much lies and bs about a game. Yes a game. Tell that the haters plz.

Cold? Cold is it when its -10°C, but at my location it was only stormy and 0°C ^^ I was outside yesterday, had a nice walk in the storm while it was raining, it was a lot of fun and joy.

Those issue you talk about: I doubt i can do anything against it atm. I do work for society, but war, religion or security is not the way I can contribute (except paying taxes). But this would be offtopic here (even i love to debate about such things)

You dont need to ... you needed 25€ for PCARS 1 and 50£ in PCARS 2.
For 45€ in PCARS 1 you got the Limited Edition at release and some DLCs (iirc) and access to weekly (in the end it was daily) builds. If you read and posted regulary you had a voice in development. And in the end you got the profits back.
The same is for the 50£ in PCARS 2 except the part with the profits.
So i dont see the undemocratic part in it.

But you have to pay E100 just for 1 game design vote.

• Deleted member 113561

Cold is when you fail to counter the effects of weather with your best gear :) -10°C can be cold, but you should know better than leaving your home with not much on :)
Just a thing of adaption. When i was in Davos in school, after a while we went out in T-Shirt in the pauses in mid winter without a problem. We got used to the cold and could do that for +- 10min. For sure we wouldnt go out longer with T-Shirts ^^ When I was back in Zurich though i always wondered why people were "freezing" as I had no problem with it.

But you have to pay E100 just for 1 game design vote.
I saw that too and im scratching my head about it, because I never saw a design vote in progress. But I agree with you that shouldnt be...

Just a thing of adaption. When i was in Davos in school, after a while we went out in T-Shirt in the pauses in mid winter without a problem. We got used to the cold and could do that for +- 10min. For sure we wouldnt go out longer with T-Shirts ^^ When I was back in Zurich though i always wondered why people were "freezing" as I had no problem with it.
Exactly. For short periods of time it's possible to go out dressed like that even when it's -20°C or slightly below outside. When it hits -40°C and worse, it becomes another matter :)

Speaking of which, pCARS could make use of direct control over the air temperature. Really helps with grip in rF2. Though there you rather have to increase it more.

I was a supporter of SMS when EA announced NFS: Shift, I knew that were good people behind the development of that game. I read back then that they would use Richard Burns Rally tire model so I waited anxiously for the release. Well, apart the graphics, the game sucked, I blamed EA.
When SMS started Project Cars I'd test every weekly build hoping it would get somewhere. Turns out it never became the full blown sim as they promised. Probably the best thing they did was the model of their business. Their marketing certainly resulted in loads of cash, brainwashing lot's of people in the process. The fan base really believe that pCars is the best thing out there, that's sad. Doesn't take much knowledge or experience to know that that game doesn't feel right at all.
What is surprising, and a few people know this, pcars wasn't made from scratch, they use isiMotor2 as base and yet they didn't took advantage of it's physics potential.
My answer to the pool is no, I wont be buying anything from SMS anymore.

• Deleted member 113561

Great another hater which is writing nonsense here. (ie: brainwashing lot's of people in the process)
The engine is based on isiMotor2 thats correct. Full potential? Do you see the creator of that engine using its full potentional? Hell no.
Only I will buy the game if becomes a real simulator (like rFactor1/2, assetto corsa or iRacing), and have a good price (max. 35/45€).
There is no such thing as a "real simulator" (at least for the next 20 years)

Great another hater which is writing nonsense here. (ie: brainwashing lot's of people in the process)
The engine is based on isiMotor2 thats correct. Full potential? Do you see the creator of that engine using its full potentional? Hell no.

There is no such thing as a "real simulator" (at least for the next 20 years)
Neuer I'm afraid you are wrong about Pcars. My only proof is that I played it for 5 months from release and the game got worse for me after each patch. I had the ffb great until patch 2 or 3 and since then, it hasn't worked properly. I then started to get bugs after patch 4 where I would leave the pit lane and when the AI passed control back to me, my wheel would pull all the way to the right. I haven't made these things up. All the cars feel very similar to me and the game quickly becomes dull and boring. Compared to RF2, it is absolutely no where near in quality of physics. yes, all the pretty graphics and rain are fine but as the saying goes mate..... "you can't polish a turd" I expect you will come in here and tell me I'm wrong but 5 months of playing the game is plenty of time to be able to tell whether it is any good or not. In my opinion, it's not good.

Neuer I'm afraid you are wrong about Pcars. Compared to RF2, it is absolutely no where near in quality of physics. yes, all the pretty graphics and rain are fine but as the saying goes mate..... "you can't polish a turd" In my opinion, it's not good.

Jim, you've had it now. You will be on his "hate" list. Just another troll or **** that doesn't understand. ;):whistling::whistling:

• Deleted member 113561

Well that's up to him. I haven't been dis respectful or called anyone, I've just given my honest opinion.
And you said it like its not a fact. Its your opinion about it. And thats why I dont have anything against it

Did you delete your profile since you installed it? (If yes, when was the last time)? Did you try out Jack Spades Tweaker Files (if yes, did you update them since Patch 2.0)?

And you said it like its not a fact. Its your opinion about it. And thats why I dont have anything against it

Did you delete your profile since you installed it? (If yes, when was the last time)? Did you try out Jack Spades Tweaker Files (if yes, did you update them since Patch 2.0)?
Yes I did, the last Jack Spade files were 2.2 I think. Everytime a new patch came out, I would try Jack's files but to be honest, with all the settings for ffb I'd spent hours and hours trying to get it right and I think I was so fatigued with it all the game became a no no for me. I've no interest to go back to it, it's like I have a wall preventing me from playing it due to the excessive ffb settings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back