Cars The Need For Speed

OT but maybe someone is interested: I just found an old tool on my drive that's capable of converting 3D models from NFS 3/4 (maybe also 2) to Lightwave. Might be interesting if someone ever plans to rebuild some circuits which would be awesome. Is anyone interested in this?

Yeah I did a conversion of Rusty Springs. I actually started to do a remake of it that I could release. After I finish Watkins I plan to finish the Rusty Springs so that it can hopefully be released with the next round of cars for this pack. Rusty Springs is really the only one that translates to a sim. The rest have crazy banking and elevation changes that just don't work very well.

Thank you for that candid response. Looking forward to that update of RS :)

That and the bankings and elevation changes are (not exaggerating) more suitable for roller coasters than cars. They're simply outside the envelope of realism that it's possible to simulate in Assetto Corsa.

That and the bankings and elevation changes are (not exaggerating) more suitable for roller coasters than cars. They're simply outside the envelope of realism that it's possible to simulate in Assetto Corsa.

I think it would be better to try remaking nfs3 tracks, those would suit fine I believe

I'll have to take another look at them but I remember I've used the best pics I could find for the gauges, unless you can find a better higher res pic to use? the other option would be to make them from scratch using vectors or 3D itself, but that's a very time consuming task (that's why I went with the higher res pic I could find and some PS adjustments).

If you're up for it feel free to improve them and I'll include them on the release.
That's what I had in my mind actually. Making them in vector format.

Can you send me the texture u have used? That way I can align everything correctly.

@A3DR here`s final for now (unless you suggest something needs correcting) version of both:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10cxU9_ob_MZHJpWATy5FZGq_pWsZmrB0
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1838zAQ9XGhakc5OQN6ur4JdVar-nPtWJ

I`m happy to help if you need anything for your models for future :thumbsup:

That's what I had in my mind actually. Making them in vector format.

Can you send me the texture u have used? That way I can align everything correctly.

Daniel posted textures earlier and I've already drawn that in vectors, so it's done just waiting to be implemented in the upcomming update now :)

Most important car is obviously the Viper. Only then can we truly replicate the Top Gear Transit Nords run, with the Vipe creating the lovely clean air :p
Sorry I had to do some catching up with this thread! Gary we'll need to have a special trackday server set up for this purpose - people can take turns swapping between the viper and the transit to make sure everyone gets a shot! :roflmao::thumbsup:

Sorry I had to do some catching up with this thread! Gary we'll need to have a special trackday server set up for this purpose - people can take turns swapping between the viper and the transit to make sure everyone gets a shot! :roflmao::thumbsup:
Would be an interesting challenge for the Viper driver, having to drive that slow but avoid being too slow and risking the Transits lap... :O_o::p Especially since in AC you need to be less than 0.5s behind to benefit from the slipstream, which at top speed in the Transit is around 20m.

Absolutely beautiful, of course.

But what the heck is going on underneath the driver's side rear view mirror - on the door itself. It looks like the shadow cast from the rear view mirror was then inverted. There is a similar effect on the left front lip under the fog light.

Bugged shadows on AC, can't do anything, some cars are worse than others depends on the shape, but they all have the same issues. Been discussed many times before, it's some kind of engine limitation.

Update on both cars:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-a.16905/update?update=34250

Bugged shadows on AC, can't do anything, some cars are worse than others depends on the shape, but they all have the same issues. Been discussed many times before, it's some kind of engine limitation.

Update on both cars:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-a.16905/update?update=34250
I was 99% certain it was an engine issue. I've seen so many f'ed up shadows from Assetto Corsa screenshots. Some are much worse than others, of course. An update? I'm sick as sick can be. What a good excuse to go put a couple hundred miles on the odometers of those cars. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back