Cars The Need For Speed

I`ve finished the VT, suggest if anything should be corrected. I`ll try with Jota later today, but my other half already planned most of my day, so not sure if I can make it ;D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hRSSwmssxobSExkm8rxXei2rGgoiM21s

Wow great work on that! looks so sharp makes me want to do a 4k texture with it :geek:, I'll need a PSD with layers though, since one part is the background and the other is alpha channel.

Here's the .dds file to see how it's built:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fSFlfx9NrjTpuyVUZ7s9S4C1nmXHRcs_

Sure, that should be better:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1arLPW3KKxvVPqVQZ8f-vUz6ZHLVVBllB

I can always re-scale it to any res. if necessary :)

Looks great even at 1024px, excellent work :cool:

OLD:
__custom_showroom_1515938059.jpg

NEW:
__custom_showroom_1515938140.jpg

__custom_showroom_1515938144.jpg

So far not.

IIRC LilSki made a conversion with some overhauling, but it's still considered as a rip and therefore can't be shared here on RD.
So far I haven't heard about anybody creating the tracks from scratch.

Yeah I did a conversion of Rusty Springs. I actually started to do a remake of it that I could release. After I finish Watkins I plan to finish the Rusty Springs so that it can hopefully be released with the next round of cars for this pack. Rusty Springs is really the only one that translates to a sim. The rest have crazy banking and elevation changes that just don't work very well.

Too me, this is the most impressive model in AC, official or otherwise. A little has to do with the actual car (polarizing design, but I think it looks amazing), but the detail on this 3D model is just outstanding.

I know I'm the author and it'll be silly for me to go around saying "this is the best model ever" hehe but I have to agree with you there's something special about this 512TR.
Not sure what it is to be honest, since my approach to it was the same as always, same workflow, knowledge, tools, etc. Neither I've had any special reference for it compared to my other works, but still, I find myself driving it and looking at the replays more often than any other cars I've done.

Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_ks_laguna_seca_14-1-118-11-4-17.jpg

Love it man, will get that one sorted this week along with a tire update.

I have that one sorted too. :thumbsup:

Updates coming soon then :D

I know I'm the author and it'll be silly for me to go around saying "this is the best model ever" hehe but I have to agree with you there's something special about this 512TR.
Not sure what it is to be honest, since my approach to it was the same as always, same workflow, knowledge, tools, etc. Neither I've had any special reference for it compared to my other works, but still, I find myself driving it and looking at the replays more often than any other cars I've done.

It's 'cos it's so damn sexy, and your modelling actually does it justice :)

@A3DR your model of the 512 TR is just perfect, and I think the graphics engine of AC was designed for Ferraris :D The Testarossa along with the Countach and the 288 GTO were my poster cars back in the day, I think especially the first two have really unique lines full of personality, impossible to forget, just different.
BTW.. while I like the official Countach, I am sad the official 288 didn't turn out as good as I hoped, maybe one day you could.. put your magic into it?

@A3DR your model of the 512 TR is just perfect, and I think the graphics engine of AC was designed for Ferraris :D The Testarossa along with the Countach and the 288 GTO were my poster cars back in the day, I think especially the first two have really unique lines full of personality, impossible to forget, just different.
BTW.. while I like the official Countach, I am sad the official 288 didn't turn out as good as I hoped, maybe one day you could.. put your magic into it?
I've made this comment before and I still stand by it: A3DR's car modelling seems to have gotten better with each release which is crazy considering he was probably already the best car modeller when I first learned of his Veloce GTS-8 model (and then even his Prelude). And let's not forget who's been doing an amazing job making those gorgeous models move...There's a reason the 512TR is in my Top 10 for most miles driven.. It really is exhilarating to whip around a track or a back country road.

...but I have to agree with you there's something special about this 512TR.

Its that special something you only get from Ferrari's :D

@A3DR one reason the TR stands out is probably that its among the most seen cars in old racing games, where its boxy shapes were easy to implement. I'm thinking Test Drive, Cruisin' USA and stuff like that. Having this familiar shape now in such detail makes it stand out, compared to say the McLaren P1

Boxy:
(one of those old games I actually played when it was new)

edit: looking at it (and listening :inlove:), even those guys got something right that many "track makers" on RD fail to do: Blending tarmac border into surrounding landscape

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back