Cars The Need For Speed

Yes it will be fun but...but...

LnJtneB.jpg
I have to admit, I am very, very interested in seeing how this ZR-1 drives.

Sooo... that means you'll take two weeks this time? ;)

LOL I wish! can't spend 100% of my 3D time on this for now, but at least got the basic shape going.

marvelously executed, and seeing the GTR version, i know how gorgeous it will look at the end!
Is it one of the most complicated shape for a car to model ? All in curves, braked in between, wavy bonnet etc. ?

Well, it might be, takes a bit of a different approach when working on such curvy surfaces. Need to think ahead twice before cutting any details in, making sure the surface looks right from every angle.
That's where camera matching really helps, can't trust any "blueprints" since all of them have a lot of perspective errors. This is not the most accurate matching I've ever done (did them manually, not using the tool), but it's good enough to get the shape just right.

004.jpg

I still wish you were doing the earlier C4 body style, but that Viper... :inlove:

Me too, still haven't decided about that. Physics are made for the exact '94 model, which makes sense running against the rest of the cars from the same period, but the one shown in the original game is a 1990 ZR-1.
I really like the more angular looks of the earlier body, but that'll require some physics work, and I've recently lost Aphidgod, as he won't do anything AC related anymore so... we'll see when the time comes.

Not going to explain his personal issues here (on which I mostly agree with him), just check his last posts and some of you will understand:

I think the days of me doing cars I'm not personally interested in are very numbered. And formula cars aren't my thing.
aphidgod said:
I do apologize (to everybody else) but I've run out of ****s to give. This community's attitude toward its modders is appalling and I just don't want to be bothered with it anymore.

Well...., really can't blame him for that I guess. But it's indeed a shame. You guys together were like a match made in heaven. All the best Jason and thank you for all the work you've done.
And I really hope you'll rethink your decision one of these days.

Not going to explain his personal issues here (on which I mostly agree with him), just check his last posts and some of you will understand:
really surprised to see him being angry, as i can't remember anything but praise for his physics. But now that you wrote that, according to his profile he hasn't visited the forum since January.

I doubt he will return. I've also thought the same way on occasion to be honest. This "community" can be very toxic and you often wonder if it deserves all that it gets.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 2.9%