Cars Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)

It´s 2019 now and finally there´s good news. The Guys from the Rallye Legends are on it!
rl_22bb3jj6.jpg

So we don´t have to rely on the false promises of some lazy modders anymore!

It´s 2019 now and finally there´s good news. The Guys from the Rallye Legends are on it!
rl_22bb3jj6.jpg

So we don´t have to rely on the false promises of some lazy modders anymore!
They said back in 2016 that it would be released through the Rally Legends group so... what's changed?

That model of Subaru which is show on RL facebook page is not made by J-Lius. Jouni isn’t very active on modding scene nowdays, so thats reason why RL is using different/new model.

Hopefully Subaru and other rally cars will be ready on 2019, but many things are now much different than before, so....

Have to say this thread is tragicomedy gold.

"Getting closer to release!" Jun 19, 2016
"Progress has been painfully slow last months but now the release is finally getting quite close." Sep 4, 2016
"I wouldn't want to harm your social life but I'm afraid we can't hold it in for too long anymore. :rolleyes:" Jan 21, 2017
"It still isn't perfect but I can't keep refining it forever, this mod has already been in development for far too long. :redface:" Apr 3, 2017
"I'm sorry for people who have waited since beginning but that's how long it has taken" Jun 29, 2017
"Santa missed it but the release will be very Soon." Dec 27, 2017
"Damage, dirt etc textures are 90% done, so soon mate, soon. ;)" Jan 6, 2018
"Please not lost your hope/patience with STI 22b. Abbo made some changes to physics earlier this week and J-Lius has to do some fixes before car is ready. ;)" Jun 9, 2018
"What's false and lazy about this mod? It's just not released to the public yet." Jan 29, 2019

Sure modders can do whatever they want with their mod and all that, but what is the point of repeating "soon" for years and continuing? How about giving honest and truthful information, instead of lying to and misleading people, not a lot to ask.

"Progress has been painfully slow last months but now the release is finally getting quite close." Sep 4, 2016
"I wouldn't want to harm your social life but I'm afraid we can't hold it in for too long anymore. :rolleyes:" Jan 21, 2017
"It still isn't perfect but I can't keep refining it forever, this mod has already been in development for far too long. :redface:" Apr 3, 2017
"I'm sorry for people who have waited since beginning but that's how long it has taken" Jun 29, 2017
"Please not lost your hope/patience with STI 22b. Abbo made some changes to physics earlier this week and J-Lius has to do some fixes before car is ready. ;)" Jun 9, 2018
"What's false and lazy about this mod? It's just not released to the public yet." Jan 29, 2019

Sure modders can do whatever they want with their mod and all that, but what is the point of repeating "soon" for years and continuing? How about giving honest and truthful information, instead of lying to and misleading people, not a lot to ask.
Yeah, it's not like modders owe us anything at all, we should be thankful people work on content, very often for free. But I have to agree stuff like this, as shown in your quotes, can make people disappointed, rightfully so in my opinion. (If a person keeps telling you they are going to get you a free <INSERT SOMETHING> and then not delivering (without explanation) is worse than if a person tells you they are not getting you anything.)

There is a plethora of great cars in the world. If one is being worked on, probably others will choose a different car to make. Maybe without this WIP thread we would already have a quality 22B (or maybe not). It's like RSS said they will stop working on the Formula E car, because VRC is also working on it (although RSS announced it first, so it's a bit different situation). If VRC happened to cancel that mod we would end up with no (quality) car.

Anyways, I only wrote this because somebody disagreed with you. I hope one day we get this car in high quality - whoever makes it.

They are two different Impreza projects ..
the 22b street version created by J-Lius can not receive the Rallylegends Mod "logo" because some guys who participated in the development of the project are part of other development teams.
we ( Nikkk78 + Abbo) have contributed to the development physics and some 3d + texture parts (tires + rim)

The Gr. A rally (CG8) version is a new project, completely developed by the Rallylegends Mod team..
I am currently completing the 3D model (only to create the wheels and rims..... I took a month of work ...)

JqDXFso.png
mor1cIX.png

Thanks for your summary. Reading this, is somehow funny and sad at the same time.
Action speaks louder than words, that´s for sure.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.