Cars Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)

Physics - Felipe Vaiano, Abbo 90
3d model - J-Lius, Nikkk78
Sound - elMariachi90
Getting closer to release!
Original thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/subaru-impreza-sti-22b-wip.29112/

2vuga9z.jpg

vcvv5e.jpg

2dv3l77.jpg

2vt6wpk.jpg

121tkz8.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see this up! Still looks great. Really looking forward to watching further progress over here.

I guess I'd better start looking at field recorders...

It may not look like much progress but many things have been fixed and following advice from Pankykapus I started to add detail especially to wheel arches and mirrors, model is still well within the official polycount budget.

I will also get help from Rallylegends mod team, Nikkk78 made the wonderful tyres and rim + brake textures which should be perfect with some shader adjustments. :)

Glad to see this up! Still looks great. Really looking forward to watching further progress over here.

I guess I'd better start looking at field recorders...

No pressures. But it will sure be great when it's done especially when same sound samples could fit some other cars too. ;)

2a4sgtk.jpg

1262ujs.jpg

jqotns.jpg

xqcbx4.jpg

Another fantastic update!

No pressures. But it will sure be great when it's done especially when same sound samples could fit some other cars too. ;)

I have a friend here in town who also needs a field recorder for his work (he freelances as a composer, scoring small films and commercials etc.) I think we're going to split the cost of a nice one plus a couple remote mics - so this will in all likelihood actually happen.

And yeah, I happen to have one idea for a second car to use the samples with... ;)

(Just got my springs installed yesterday - the real thing's almost caught up with the AC version. Feels unbelievably great - should've done this years ago.)

• Deleted member 223075

Great job, can't wait to drive this beast !!

On the physics side, we´re almost ready. We decided to release this car within our RallyLegends modding team´s label, so this has become a full team project, with many talented guys working on it in cooperation at the same time as our team keeps growing with new members.

The overall physics is ready and the final touches are being executed by our pro engineer Giuseppe (abbo90), in a very effective physics development workflow that we both created while also working in cooperation in the Lancia S4 Group B. In the meantime, our beta testers have being working hard to provide valuable feedback of the car´s handling and we´re always finding new ways to fine tune it. We´re already pretty happy with how it drives and it will be released pretty soon, although we don´t have an exact date as of yet.

Have you made both RHD and LHD models? Looking at the provided photos, I see steering wheels on both sides in various shots. My American brain spins when I have to drive RHD cars. ;)

Have you made both RHD and LHD models? Looking at the provided photos, I see steering wheels on both sides in various shots. My American brain spins when I have to drive RHD cars. ;)

So far it has been only RHD. There will be other Imprezas with LHD (like WRC) later but not sure about this model. :)

Release date is not clear yet, I've had lots of personal delays but my part will be very soon done so hopefully not long anymore.

• Deleted member 130869

Wow, it's all I can say. This kind of quality deserves a rally-abled game!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%