1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cars Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by J-Lius, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 30
    • Love Love x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I can tell where it needs work but it's looking really good so far, looking forward to see it finished!

• Like Like x 1
  3. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium Member

Glad to see this up! Still looks great. Really looking forward to watching further progress over here.

I guess I'd better start looking at field recorders...

• Like Like x 1
  4. love it still nice to see it here on rd

• Like Like x 1
  5. It may not look like much progress but many things have been fixed and following advice from Pankykapus I started to add detail especially to wheel arches and mirrors, model is still well within the official polycount budget.

I will also get help from Rallylegends mod team, Nikkk78 made the wonderful tyres and rim + brake textures which should be perfect with some shader adjustments. :)

No pressures. But it will sure be great when it's done especially when same sound samples could fit some other cars too. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium Member

Another fantastic update!

I have a friend here in town who also needs a field recorder for his work (he freelances as a composer, scoring small films and commercials etc.) I think we're going to split the cost of a nice one plus a couple remote mics - so this will in all likelihood actually happen.

And yeah, I happen to have one idea for a second car to use the samples with... ;)

(Just got my springs installed yesterday - the real thing's almost caught up with the AC version. Feels unbelievably great - should've done this years ago.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hello! Progress has been painfully slow last months but now the release is finally getting quite close. ElMariachi90, one of the official AC sound designer and member of http://www.playerzone.it/ has recorded GC8 sounds and offered them for use. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After it's ready work will continue on this little thing:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 14
  8. Great job, can't wait to drive this beast !!

9. On the physics side, we´re almost ready. We decided to release this car within our RallyLegends modding team´s label, so this has become a full team project, with many talented guys working on it in cooperation at the same time as our team keeps growing with new members.

The overall physics is ready and the final touches are being executed by our pro engineer Giuseppe (abbo90), in a very effective physics development workflow that we both created while also working in cooperation in the Lancia S4 Group B. In the meantime, our beta testers have being working hard to provide valuable feedback of the car´s handling and we´re always finding new ways to fine tune it. We´re already pretty happy with how it drives and it will be released pretty soon, although we don´t have an exact date as of yet.

• Like Like x 19
    • Love Love x 1
  10. good news

11. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium Member

It is. I think all of the Subaru fans who are longing for our cars in game are going to have a very happy 2016-2017. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. When can you release it,and It will be better to have a original GC8,thanks

13. Have you made both RHD and LHD models? Looking at the provided photos, I see steering wheels on both sides in various shots. My American brain spins when I have to drive RHD cars. ;)

14. So far it has been only RHD. There will be other Imprezas with LHD (like WRC) later but not sure about this model. :)

Release date is not clear yet, I've had lots of personal delays but my part will be very soon done so hopefully not long anymore.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Schaweeet.