Cars Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)

I haven't heard from him in a long time either... that's why my WRX still isn't out. There's been pretty much no activity at the RallyLegends forum at all for many months. I'm usually not the one to say "this is probably dead" in another modder's thread, but then again this isn't pure speculation either. :(

I'd love nothing more than to be proven stupid on the matter. The car's great. It's been ~95% done for... ever. Wish I could share it, but it's not my call to make.

Don't know if you guys care or how you feel about mods ripped from other games...but there's a pretty good 22B mod for AC. The model is a direct port from GT Sport and it looks really solid.

If you can't find the car, search for Esprit3905 (the mod creator) or for TrippledSevens (made a cinematic aubout the car) on youtube.
__custom_showroom_1584283004.jpg

Looked it up, nice copy protection there! (never seen this crap happening!)

Give it a try. The guy who converts these from GT has spot-on physics for his cars. Just my opinion.

The problem there is, again, I've been (a small) part of the development of this car for 5 years. I know what kind of data went into it and I know the talents of the two guys involved. Heck, Aris even helped out with this one way back, when he did such things for modders.

I'll check out the other one if I find time. At least could compare and see what's what.

RIP R.I.P

I know that modding eventually going to be mostly "models from friend". At least there is a legit chance for physics there... Sadly most will still drive models, but not physics, it is just nature. However I'd drive Jasons Subaru even if it had a 3D model of mario kart.

• Deleted member 223075

Since we're waiting for proper Subaru from 4 years now (and will probably never coming), this one is not bad. But stupid idea that they encrypted the car and no template. But we have a 22B, better than nothing.

Of course converting a mod takes less work rather than creating a mod from scratch, but that still doesn't mean it will be a bad mod, which unfortunately seems to be the kind of mindset here on RD. Of course I can appreciate a scratch made mod a bit more, but for a normal player, at the end it's the physics and visuals of a car that count and not if it was "created" or converted. For now, I'll happily enjoy the converted 22B and you should also give it a try.

Last edited:
Yes, the encryption is stupid and I don't see a legit reason behind it, since they technically don't own the mod. The model is great, GT Sport models are probably just as good as many of the best car mods here on RD, no offense. Of course converting a mod takes way less work rather than creating a mod from scratch, but that still doesn't mean it will be a bad mod, which unfortunately seems to be the kind of mindset here on RD. Of course I can appreciate a scratch made mod way more, but for a normal player, at the end it's the physics and visuals of a car that count and not if it was "created" or converted. For now, I'll happily enjoy the converted 22B and you should also give it a try. I'm pretty sure even when this car gets released, it will be a blast and make the converted one obsolete, even when "only" physics-wise.
LOL is that called "encryption"? so what's the point in driving a blue, icy looking brick that's supposed to drive like a Subaru... what a joke.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.