Cars Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)

I think either one would cut it... mine's progressing but we're not quite there yet. :)

I'm going to have to change it again soon. Motor goes back together and into the car tomorrow morning, and when the parts arrive to rebuild the turbo it'll be back on the road with hopefully a nice new fatter powerband. I'm sure I'll get some good pulls to use in AC during the tuning process.

I'm very excited for this! Any update progress you can share with us?

Happy to hear that! Physics are ready but model has been going through finishing touches (I thought it was already completed but some places and reflections were just too ugly). It still isn't perfect but I can't keep refining it forever, this mod has already been in development for far too long. :redface:

I wish I could share some sound preview but I haven't asked if it's okay. But you will hear it soon enough, everything should be ready for release when the last sound update is finished. :)

JS08ubP.jpg

awAtbqK.jpg

cZ3MMMp.jpg

eAWzezT.jpg

Niiiiiice my man! Absolutely spot on in terms of lines and proportion. I used this car a lot throughout my GT time and put around 3000+ mls on it mostly on tight and windy road courses and rally of course and absolutely love it. Most iconic Subaru ever in terms of WRX history. Thanks for putting your time into this!

Niiiiiice my man! Absolutely spot on in terms of lines and proportion. I used this car a lot throughout my GT time and put around 3000+ mls on it mostly on tight and windy road courses and rally of course and absolutely love it. Most iconic Subaru ever in terms of WRX history. Thanks for putting your time into this!

Thanks! It has been surprisingly difficult to try to make it look right and there's still room for improvement but at least it's better than some of these caricatures found in other games :D:

http://www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Subaru&model=Impreza+22B

any sound teasers yet?

Will be coming shortly!

It blows my mind that we don't have 15 of these things in Assetto Corsa. My sim playing days aren't nearly as long as most here, but I thought this was pretty much a fan favorite. I know one person who should be very happy to get his hands on this, once it's completed. Also, may I add that I think you're doing a beautiful job as well. The body color/rim color combination is so iconic.

Thanks! It has been surprisingly difficult to try to make it look right and there's still room for improvement but at least it's better than some of these caricatures found in other games :D:

http://www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Subaru&model=Impreza+22B

Will be coming shortly!

You got that right! in your model the rear proportions look a bit weird, but it's waaaay better than the Forza model, which is the closest in quality on that list.

eAWzezT.jpg

Also the roof seems to be a bit more rounded, in the model looks too flat.

W.i.p sounds

You got that right! in your model the rear proportions look a bit weird, but it's waaaay better than the Forza model, which is the closest in quality on that list.

View attachment 191907

Also the roof seems to be a bit more rounded, in the model looks too flat.

Thank you for good findings, I will quickly fix them!

It blows my mind that we don't have 15 of these things in Assetto Corsa. My sim playing days aren't nearly as long as most here, but I thought this was pretty much a fan favorite. I know one person who should be very happy to get his hands on this, once it's completed. Also, may I add that I think you're doing a beautiful job as well. The body color/rim color combination is so iconic.

It's a brand that gets requested sometimes but I have thought this kind of cars are not the most popular among sim racers. Will be interesting to see. :)

Really awesome !

Except rimblur, I think it is best to aim for highspeed rimblur, right now the blur looks like if car is moving at ~20-30km/h. Either you have to choose optimum blur level, or use one more set of blur rim objects with more blur for higher speed.

And inner windscreen is missing, if I'm not wrong.

Really awesome !

Except rimblur, I think it is best to aim for highspeed rimblur, right now the blur looks like if car is moving at ~20-30km/h. Either you have to choose optimum blur level, or use one more set of blur rim objects with more blur for higher speed.

And inner windscreen is missing, if I'm not wrong.

Yeap rim blur needs more blur and probably something to stop wheel hubs from being visible. :D

You're right, int windscreen is missing as previous was too noticeable and low res, need to find out how to make better.

Yeap rim blur needs more blur and probably something to stop wheel hubs from being visible. :D

You're right, int windscreen is missing as previous was too noticeable and low res, need to find out how to make better.

Why would you want to stop hubs from being visible ?
What was the actual problem with int screen ? It is not hard to adjust, with shader and texture tweaks, how it looked ?

Why would you want to stop hubs from being visible ?
What was the actual problem with int screen ? It is not hard to adjust, with shader and texture tweaks, how it looked ?

Because now the rim is see-through at some angles. :d Needs geometry on other side and/or alpha channel adjustments.

Dashboard reflection is not problem but getting texture that is big enough and just slightly dusty and scratched hasn't yet succeeded.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back