STCC - The Game (pre-release thread)

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
stccob0.jpg

On this site they say there is a STCC game coming. RACE 07 + STCC as a game or only STCC as expansion pack.

Sounds very interesting. Let it be true :)

STCC: STCC blir TV-spel
STCC Game

Nevermind said:
STCC AB and SimBin Studios AB will release the racing game STCC – The Game on PC this year with all the cars and tracks from this years STCC season. The game will be available both as a stand alone game and as an expansion pack for RACE 07 owners.

“STCC will be a year-round-sport when we finally can drive on our Swedish circuits with our Swedish teams. To create a game with SimBin, who is one of the world’s leading developers of racing games, makes it possible for us to create a virtual representation of STCC that will be incredibly close to it’s real life equivalent, Bob Huzell said, CEO of STCC AB.”

SimBin has under the spring visited all circuits and all test days collecting information and the game is currently in full production, with a continued documentation of the cars taking place on Knutstorp this weekend under the STCC premiere.

“To recreate many of the circuits that I’ve drove myself in my career as a racing driver and which I still thinks are among the funniest after many seasons in international racing has been a dream since 2003 when I founded SimBin, Henrik Roos said, CEO of SimBin Studios. And to make this in cooperation with STCC and their professional concept only makes it even better, Roos continued”

Simbin will be at Knutstorp this weekend with their big simulator park with fifteen simulators in use that will be test driven prior to the season. The goal is to also let spectators drive an early version of the Knutstorp track.

• Chris Noble

STCC expansion pack

Ideas of whether this will be an expansion to RACE07 or GTR:EVO or both?

Also the offical site says this:

On release day, September 19th, it will be time to get to know the finest drivers in the pinnacle of Nordic motor sport – STCC, Swedish Touring Car Championship.

Any substance to that?

Valve are saying they are offering the next race expansion pack for free to those who got stung with their price mix up on GTR:EVO and said there will be more expansions this year.

Would end of October be more realstic release date?

Great News for us early buyers of GTR Evo from Steam

:becky::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: GOOD NEWS
We apologize for the pricing mix up on GTR. The prices on release today are lower than they were during the pre-purchase. For everyone who pre-purchased GTR and GTR+Race 07, SimBim and Valve would like to offer the next expansion pack in the Race series for free. More new tracks and cars will be out this year. When the next expansion is released, it will be automatically added for free to customers' accounts who pre-purchased GTR or GTR+Race 07. Sorry for the mix-up.

Steam Users' Forums - View Single Post - Pricing

• Andrew Evans

sexeh! :becky:

edit: what's the price mix-up tho? steam says expansion is $29.99... and i paid c. $22 with the pre-release discount....

To be honoust I think neither STCC or BTCC deserves a real ''own'' game, created by Simbin. The WTCC is popular, but another touringcar championship is quite famous. I think the DTM deserves it, but stupid Codemasters again is holding back, lol.

I think they are refering to the retail (the shop sold version) being cheaper on release, but that only applies to the bundle version as the expansion alone was cheaper (at least to those in the UK) than the retail version.

I must admit i find the entire release of this expansion pack a complete farce.

Another question do people in different regions see different prices? I presumed everyone everywhere saw the same but others seem to be seeing large differences in price. Simbins either going to make a lot of money out of this mix up or lose a lot.

Free STCC for all who pre-ordered

I do not know if this has been posted before, but I did not see anything at first glance...

"We apologize for the pricing mix up on GTR. The prices on release today are lower than they were during the pre-purchase. For everyone who pre-purchased GTR and GTR+Race 07, SimBim and Valve would like to offer the next expansion pack in the Race series for free. More new tracks and cars will be out this year. When the next expansion is released, it will be automatically added for free to customers' accounts who pre-purchased GTR or GTR+Race 07. Sorry for the mix-up."

This is coming from a valve employee on the valve boards... :D

nice :thumb: ... makes up for the 11 hour wait too eh :lol:

... re: the price difference - is that it not VAT related?
ie $22.49 pre-tax, plus 20% Tax/IVA/VAT of $4.50 makes $26.99, and tax is applicable at local country rates on internet download style trading as I recall.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back