STCC - The Game (pre-release thread)

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
stccob0.jpg

On this site they say there is a STCC game coming. RACE 07 + STCC as a game or only STCC as expansion pack.

Sounds very interesting. Let it be true :)

STCC: STCC blir TV-spel
STCC Game

Nevermind said:
STCC AB and SimBin Studios AB will release the racing game STCC – The Game on PC this year with all the cars and tracks from this years STCC season. The game will be available both as a stand alone game and as an expansion pack for RACE 07 owners.

“STCC will be a year-round-sport when we finally can drive on our Swedish circuits with our Swedish teams. To create a game with SimBin, who is one of the world’s leading developers of racing games, makes it possible for us to create a virtual representation of STCC that will be incredibly close to it’s real life equivalent, Bob Huzell said, CEO of STCC AB.”

SimBin has under the spring visited all circuits and all test days collecting information and the game is currently in full production, with a continued documentation of the cars taking place on Knutstorp this weekend under the STCC premiere.

“To recreate many of the circuits that I’ve drove myself in my career as a racing driver and which I still thinks are among the funniest after many seasons in international racing has been a dream since 2003 when I founded SimBin, Henrik Roos said, CEO of SimBin Studios. And to make this in cooperation with STCC and their professional concept only makes it even better, Roos continued”

Simbin will be at Knutstorp this weekend with their big simulator park with fifteen simulators in use that will be test driven prior to the season. The goal is to also let spectators drive an early version of the Knutstorp track.

• Razvan Pat

Guys if you want to buy it even if you get it for free I think you could buy it as a gift and don't give it away...

Well it has been confirmed by SimBin that STCC the Game, will be released across the entire Europe region (box version), rather than in just Scandinavia. Also it will be available on Steam for the entire world to purchase. It will also be made available in some other countries across the globe (box).

• Chris Noble

The pre-release price mix up and the offer of STCC free is to those that pre-purchased the full version of GTR:E with the 10% discount for $55 instead of the std price now of $44. so they are offering STCC free to those ppl instead of giving a refund. Good deal though.

Most of us have RACE07 already and so bought the expansion pack that did not have the price mix up. we will have to pay for STCC when its released.

• Chris Noble

Hmm, well the expansion pack is more expensive than the pre-release price was.

But it was over $55 pre-release for the GTR:E + RACE07 and now its $44.

So the pricing was correct on the expansion but not the full version.

• Mike Lee

Stcc for free, awesome. If it is going to help Simbin get the Lizard engined game out sooner I would be prepared to pay however.

Passage from the community update of yesterday:

STCC – THE GAME
We have announced the “Swedish Touring Car Championship” game which should add even more drama and excitement to simulated touring car racing with the new car models which will slot in perfectly with your RACE 07. The addition of another rear wheel driven car should provide for some epic battles with the BMW’s, and the tight and undulating Swedish tracks are the perfect venue for it.

To answer the main question regarding STCC, it is not just for Swedish simracers! It will be available to everyone via Steam and will also be available in shops in some territories. Release date is yet to be determined. Like with all other expansions to RACE 07, you will get it at a very favorable price if you already own RACE 07… if not, then it’s a great package to get you started ;)

Certainly will be adding this expansion to my list. Especially if its free! Will be a nice new challenge to learn the Swedish tracks, as I have not had much experience with them.

Although most of my racing has been on British and F1 tracks in my sim life, so everything is new to me :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.