STCC - The Game (pre-release thread)

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
stccob0.jpg

On this site they say there is a STCC game coming. RACE 07 + STCC as a game or only STCC as expansion pack.

Sounds very interesting. Let it be true :)

STCC: STCC blir TV-spel
STCC Game

Nevermind said:
STCC AB and SimBin Studios AB will release the racing game STCC – The Game on PC this year with all the cars and tracks from this years STCC season. The game will be available both as a stand alone game and as an expansion pack for RACE 07 owners.

“STCC will be a year-round-sport when we finally can drive on our Swedish circuits with our Swedish teams. To create a game with SimBin, who is one of the world’s leading developers of racing games, makes it possible for us to create a virtual representation of STCC that will be incredibly close to it’s real life equivalent, Bob Huzell said, CEO of STCC AB.”

SimBin has under the spring visited all circuits and all test days collecting information and the game is currently in full production, with a continued documentation of the cars taking place on Knutstorp this weekend under the STCC premiere.

“To recreate many of the circuits that I’ve drove myself in my career as a racing driver and which I still thinks are among the funniest after many seasons in international racing has been a dream since 2003 when I founded SimBin, Henrik Roos said, CEO of SimBin Studios. And to make this in cooperation with STCC and their professional concept only makes it even better, Roos continued”

Simbin will be at Knutstorp this weekend with their big simulator park with fifteen simulators in use that will be test driven prior to the season. The goal is to also let spectators drive an early version of the Knutstorp track.

There hasnt been any news or screenshots a while from Simbin. They must be working overtime to get the late September release date. (Which I highly doubt they will) I wish them all the best in making it and Im sure it will be fantastic :) Although some shots on the new models of cars would be nice :D

STCC – The Game to be released this year

SimBin | Award winning game development

I didnt know about this :becky:

The game will be made available as a stand alone game including RACE 07 and as an expansion pack for RACE 07 owners.
“To recreate the tracks where I have raced in my previous career as a race driver is a dream come true especially since I still find them very entertaining after several seasons of international racing”, said Henrik Roos, CEO SimBin Studios. “To be able to do it in a close cooperation with STCC and their well established concept makes it even better”, added Roos.

During this spring SimBin has been on tour visiting all tracks and test sessions gathering reference material. The game is currently in full production with additional reference capturing at Knutstorp Ring this weekend at the STCC premiere.

“STCC is going to be an all-year-around experience where we finally will be able to drive on our STCC tracks with the teams participating. The cooperation with SimBin that we regard as one of the best racing game developers in the world ensures that the virtual counter part will be very close to driving in STCC for real”, said Bob Huzell, CEO at STCC AB.

The SimBin game park will be on site at Knutstorp Ring this weekend for a “shake down” for this year’s event season. The ambition is to have an early playable version of Knutstorp Ring on location for drivers and spectators to test.
The game website : STCC - The Game  |  By SimBin

• Thomas

This is the add-on i have been waiting for. The real life races STCCs and Camaro cup in sweden is - well not that interesting. Too much yellow flags and saftey cars. But it has some features i hope will be usuable into the other formats in Race, as mandantory pitstops. I would love to get the volvo and driving the Camaro.

Its sad that they didn't got the Porsche cup in instead of the Camaro cup. There is some interesting tracks to that will be added, kinnekulle, mantorp and falkenberg. It is short tracks around 60 seconds to go round. I think it will be fun. I hope it will anyways! :)

• Daniel Hartmann

Can't believe this will be free of charge. The simbin guys are doing an amazing job! New cars and especially new tracks, good to see race07 is kept alive.

• Jacek Kozlowski

I just hope they gona add one more RWD car (mercedes C) not just only FWD (audi,peugeot,volvo).I think that C-class drives in STCC but havent seen it on simbin site,so dont know...?

• Chris Noble

Can't believe this will be free of charge. The simbin guys are doing an amazing job! New cars and especially new tracks, good to see race07 is kept alive.

It will not be free of charge.

STCC will be a paid for expansion to RACE07.

People who pre-purchased GTR:Evolution + RACE07 paid $55 which was meant to include a 10% discount. However the release price for GTR:Evolution + RACE07 is $44!! hence the price mix up.

So Valve and SimBin will be giving those people the next RACE07 expansion (almost certainly STCC) for free.

So technically they are still paying for the expansion, but the expansion will most likely be around $22 or so (Like GTR:Evolution expansion was) so its still good compensation.

I have heard people saying that STCC for free is for people who pre-purchased just the GTR:Evolution expansion as they had RACE07 already.

However I paid $22 + tax pre-purchase with the discount and the expansion is now $29.99 + tax. so I dont really see how they would offer STCC free to these people as the pre-purchase price was not messed up.

I paid $22 + tax pre-purchase with the discount and the expansion is now $29.99 + tax. so I dont really see how they would offer STCC free to these people as the pre-purchase price was not messed up.

As did i, though apparently in some other regions the price for the expansion was higher.

I think Valve made a mistake (and not for the first time) by saying those who purchased the expansion alone would get STCC for free.

However I paid $22 + tax pre-purchase with the discount and the expansion is now $29.99 + tax. so I dont really see how they would offer STCC free to these people as the pre-purchase price was not messed up.

well if you can believe the $19.99 list price for the expansion on amazon.com then i guess most of us overpaid for it to some extent especially as it is now on offer there for $17.99
http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-00..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220950271&sr=8-1

I'm really looking forward to the STCC addon. Since getting GTR Evo and it being a bigger improvement than I expected I'm gagging to get my hands on the Volvo's and those Swedish Tracks!!!

Does anyone know of any online retailers who'll ship STCC to the UK. My gaming rig is not internet enabled (by choice) and so I use the offline install for Race07 and Evo. Also I don't want to pay for something to download, I want to have a hard copy.

Any help would be appreciated:)

Actually based on the prices that most expansions cost and the time it seems will have gone into this I would guess around 19.99 as well. Although I will say that I can only hope that they offer it for cheaper on pre-release on Steam.

I got my Race 07 + GTR Evo for 35 total as I didn't have Race 07 yet. What I can say is that I hope SimBin continues putting out updates for series like this because if they do they could easily make Race the better option over iRacing

Also a thought I was just looking on steam to see if there was any word on it and it looks as though the Caterham Expansion for Race is at $5.00

• Chris Noble

Well from the offical STCC series site it sounded like SimBin were still doing development work on the game last week, so I cant see them making that date posted. It says Fall 2008 rather than a specific month.

I would say in time for christmas most likely which should give people and skinners time for the RD WTCC 2009 league to get sorted with the new cars.

Anyone know what format the Audi A4 will take? I have driven it in the ETCC 2003 mod for rFactor where it is 4WD, not sure if that would be allowed in STCC or WTCC, any ideas?

They also said there was definately a RWD car, which wont be the volvo's or the pugs, so the Audi may be? or the un-mentioned Merc 200?

• Chris Noble

I have confirmed that that Audi is FWD in STCC for sure as it is in the real STCC as per S2000 rules it seems.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 25.0%