STCC - The Game (pre-release thread)

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
stccob0.jpg

On this site they say there is a STCC game coming. RACE 07 + STCC as a game or only STCC as expansion pack.

Sounds very interesting. Let it be true :)

STCC: STCC blir TV-spel
STCC Game

Nevermind said:
STCC AB and SimBin Studios AB will release the racing game STCC – The Game on PC this year with all the cars and tracks from this years STCC season. The game will be available both as a stand alone game and as an expansion pack for RACE 07 owners.

“STCC will be a year-round-sport when we finally can drive on our Swedish circuits with our Swedish teams. To create a game with SimBin, who is one of the world’s leading developers of racing games, makes it possible for us to create a virtual representation of STCC that will be incredibly close to it’s real life equivalent, Bob Huzell said, CEO of STCC AB.”

SimBin has under the spring visited all circuits and all test days collecting information and the game is currently in full production, with a continued documentation of the cars taking place on Knutstorp this weekend under the STCC premiere.

“To recreate many of the circuits that I’ve drove myself in my career as a racing driver and which I still thinks are among the funniest after many seasons in international racing has been a dream since 2003 when I founded SimBin, Henrik Roos said, CEO of SimBin Studios. And to make this in cooperation with STCC and their professional concept only makes it even better, Roos continued”

Simbin will be at Knutstorp this weekend with their big simulator park with fifteen simulators in use that will be test driven prior to the season. The goal is to also let spectators drive an early version of the Knutstorp track.

I just can't praise Simbin enough for their efforts.

We get loads of content for £10-15 less than most other games!!

I don't even mind having effectively 3 copies of Race07 to be able to drive GTR Evo and STCC. Well worth the money me thinks:)

As far as i was aware the BTCC license is no longer held by codemasters but the cost involved in getting all the independants on board for a new license deal is too costly. the BTCC protect itself by coming down hard on all mods and copies of its competitors cars without license though... shame really, but heres hoping.

STCC - Release Date

One day after the barrage of new media for the upcoming SimBin title “STCC - The Game”, a release date has been set. The game is set for release on 19th September 2008. It will be made available in two forms, independently and as an add-on expansion pack for current RACE07 owners. From then on, racers will now be able to enjoy the pleasures of racing in the Swedish Touring Car Championship.

I guess it’s good news all round for RACE07 owners as they also look forward to GTR Evolution’s release in the next 1-2 weeks.

The Camaro Cup is a nice addition to the game. They just love giving us content don't they:amen:

Can anyone from Sweden tell me if any of your on-line stores have got it for pre-order yet as I'm not sure if it will be released in shops in the UK.

I know it will most likely be available on steam but I'd love to have a boxed version:)

this is taken from the stcc-the game website
"STCC regulations.
STCC- The Game comes fully packed with the rules and regulations of the series, including SuperPole functionality and mandatory pit stop windows. The game also contains the full WTCC regulations including two race format, reversed grids and alternating start procedures. As real as you want it to be !

anyone know what they mean by SuperPole functionality?

I for one am looking forward to this expansion, expectations - lol high as long as the new cars and tracks are upto the usual standards of sim bin then i will be delighted.

Hello,

I allways would like more damage model in a simulation, not only visual but more oriented in physics consequences (i remenber Viper Racing).
I think that simulators have an arcade like damage model and some arcade games have a more realistic one (what's your opinion?).
If you can be out of a race when you bump in the car in front of you, you really must be careful as in real life.
STCC is interesting, let's see...

Regards.

Wido Rossen said:
The first official drawings on the S2000 Peugeot 308 of Johan Stureson and the IPS Motorsport-team have been revealed by STCC.se. Stureson is looking forward to the first test of the car, which will not be on the two test days later this week at Knutstorp and Sturup.
"We are not ready yet and we will take an extra week to complete everything. The car will be good, that I am completely sure of," said Stureson.
Currently the car is in Sweden with the team and has got the rollbar, engine, suspension, etc. mounted.

stcc-308.jpg

"There are some components that are completely new that needs to be build, manufactured and mounted," said Stureson.

Noticeably the car is two-door, just as the Volvo C30, something that requires special permission from the organisers as the S2000 rules requires four doors.

The car will most likely make its first apperance, with Johan Stureson behind the wheel, at Gelleråsen for the third official STCC on April the 10Th.

( source Touringcar times )

Tnx to Wido.

• Pirro Chun

Quote:
That's why we have the Alfa 75 and BMW M3 from the 1987 season in Race 07 and nothing else. If Ford were in the WTCC during the licence period then we may well have had a Sierra Cosworth to go along with them.

I love the Sierra Cosworth, hope simbin will add it to the game later.

I am most looking forward to mandatory pit stops (Should create some amazing online play experiences) and maybe a more animated pit stop experience what with pits being an important part of the Touring Car championship.

I am also looking forward to some close "Pack" racing, like this:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZHvMBS-pyI[/media]

Also, I wonder if the Pit stop windows will "transfer" to the Race '07/GTR Evo content?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back