STCC - The Game (pre-release thread)

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
stccob0.jpg

On this site they say there is a STCC game coming. RACE 07 + STCC as a game or only STCC as expansion pack.

Sounds very interesting. Let it be true :)

STCC: STCC blir TV-spel
STCC Game

Nevermind said:
STCC AB and SimBin Studios AB will release the racing game STCC – The Game on PC this year with all the cars and tracks from this years STCC season. The game will be available both as a stand alone game and as an expansion pack for RACE 07 owners.

“STCC will be a year-round-sport when we finally can drive on our Swedish circuits with our Swedish teams. To create a game with SimBin, who is one of the world’s leading developers of racing games, makes it possible for us to create a virtual representation of STCC that will be incredibly close to it’s real life equivalent, Bob Huzell said, CEO of STCC AB.”

SimBin has under the spring visited all circuits and all test days collecting information and the game is currently in full production, with a continued documentation of the cars taking place on Knutstorp this weekend under the STCC premiere.

“To recreate many of the circuits that I’ve drove myself in my career as a racing driver and which I still thinks are among the funniest after many seasons in international racing has been a dream since 2003 when I founded SimBin, Henrik Roos said, CEO of SimBin Studios. And to make this in cooperation with STCC and their professional concept only makes it even better, Roos continued”

Simbin will be at Knutstorp this weekend with their big simulator park with fifteen simulators in use that will be test driven prior to the season. The goal is to also let spectators drive an early version of the Knutstorp track.

• Edward Leake

STCC but not BTCC?

Forgive me for asking but if we get a Swedish expansion, how come no British Touring cars?

Is there something special about the STCC over other euro touring events?

Personally I've never seen STCC and in fact didn't even realise the STCC add-on was coming! :)

• Edward Leake

Seeing as I race a couple of Honda I'd love to see the Civic and Integra in the game.

Just imagine the circuits on offer, Brands we already have but:

Donnington, Outlon Park, Snetteron, Silverstone, Knockhill, Croft and Rockingham - a fanstatic mix of circuits.

I guess we can keep dreaming. :)

Martijn; for an individual car such as the Vectra, it's feasable to secure a licence from the manufacturer of that car - to do a series such as the BTCC; while it may be possible to secure all of the licences individually, it would be much more complicated and way, way more expensive than getting a licence for the series, which covers everything.

That's why we have the Alfa 75 and BMW M3 from the 1987 season in Race 07 and nothing else. If Ford were in the WTCC during the licence period then we may well have had a Sierra Cosworth to go along with them.

Alan Gow seems to be rather disinterested in the Codemasters situation; so long as they're happy to be filling his pockets, he's happy to let them sit on the licence.

I'm of the view that a Simbin produced BTCC game, with the Clio Cup, SEAT Cupra Championship, and Formula Renault UK championship content as well, would sell like hotcakes. Imagine that with a retrospective licence as well; Supertouring!

• Edward Leake

I'm of the view that a Simbin produced BTCC game, with the Clio Cup, SEAT Cupra Championship, and Formula Renault UK championship content as well, would sell like hotcakes. Imagine that with a retrospective licence as well; Supertouring!

Porsche Carrera Cup too... it would be excellent addition to the series!

• Andrew Evans

The BTCC licence is currently held (back) by Codemasters; and Alan Gow seems content with that.

i hate how companies snap up whole series and essentially shut them off from the market for years, especially if they're doing a crap job with it, eg. the F1 licence....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%