PC2 Slightly Mad Studios Interview Upcoming - Submit Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS.jpg

RaceDepartment are due to sit down with Slightly Mad Studios in the coming days and discuss Project CARS 2 amongst other things, so we thought it a good idea to ask you to submit some questions you want answering...

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin! I'm going to be talking to Slightly Mad Studios Ian Bell in the next few days and would like to know any questions you want us to get an answer on.. so get your questions submitted in the comments section and I'll throw them into the interview (within reason...)

Cheers!

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC late 2017.

Project CARS 2 - 3a.png
Project CARS 2 - 6a.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 2a.jpg

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment. For Project CARS 2 specific information have a look at our Project CARS 2 sub forum.

You know the drill by now. Below is the comments section, and comments we like! So get your questions posted and we'll do our best to include them in our upcoming interview...

Car Replay Cameras:
Are cams attached to the car body or in-car, simulated in their vibrations/shakiness as real-life Action Cams?
Is it possible to mod vibration/shakiness of the cams per car, in order to simulate this effects?

Usually in racing games replay cams on the side/in the middle/dashboard or bonnet of the car give a flat sensation.
If you compare a real-lap in a car and it's simulated counterpart, you notice nothing vibrates in the simulation. No subtle vibration at all and the footage feels and looks flat.
Clearly Formula 1 cams are "fixed", but in other categories or in the road cars, Action Cams mounted vibrate and shake a little.
This gives the feeling of being there and better sensations to people who actually love to watch replays.

Quick example, pCARS:

I would like to know if triple screen will be fully supported ? I ask because latest video showing game play in triple screen still looks like side screens are stretched . Similar to the original Project Cars.

I second this question: i would like to know if PC2 will have FULL triple monitor suport... no more that warping nonsense that makes you sick (and not play the game)

I have 3 questions :
Are you using the same ffb adjustment as in the first game? as I really really will not put weeks of my life again messing. It got to the stage where I would spend more time adjusting than racing.

When you make changes to visuals, will we have to keep restarting the game?
I've forgotten the 3rd question cos I'm getting old ffs!

I'd be interested to hear about who from SMS staff worked on the phys and important stuff (ie; not the graphics) on GTR, GTR2 etc, and what position they now hold at SMS. All we ever hear is Bell this, Bell that. There's no game/sim without the people making it, so lets hear about them and their abilities, talent and history for a change?

Like, half the questions in this thread have been answered in gtplanet and republished here in various threads. Please if you want to rant make a thread, don't ask questions that have already been answered.

No I did see that interview on gtplanet, however @Paul Jeffrey was doing a RaceDepartment interview, from the first page here, "RaceDepartment are due to sit down with Slightly Mad Studios in the coming days ..." . I would think such an interview would headline here and not at gtplanet or at least it doesn't give that indication anywhere I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back