PC2 Slightly Mad Studios Interview Upcoming - Submit Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS.jpg

RaceDepartment are due to sit down with Slightly Mad Studios in the coming days and discuss Project CARS 2 amongst other things, so we thought it a good idea to ask you to submit some questions you want answering...

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin! I'm going to be talking to Slightly Mad Studios Ian Bell in the next few days and would like to know any questions you want us to get an answer on.. so get your questions submitted in the comments section and I'll throw them into the interview (within reason...)

Cheers!

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC late 2017.

Project CARS 2 - 3a.png
Project CARS 2 - 6a.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 2a.jpg

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment. For Project CARS 2 specific information have a look at our Project CARS 2 sub forum.

You know the drill by now. Below is the comments section, and comments we like! So get your questions posted and we'll do our best to include them in our upcoming interview...

ok, sms may have been around awhile (2009), but can we at least agree that for the first iteration of a new franchise less then 6 years after the company was created they did a pretty damn good job.

ok, sms may have been around awhile (2009), but can we at least agree that for the first iteration of a new franchise less then 6 years after the company was created they did a pretty damn good job.
Nope, can't agree, sorry. If they was involved in Simbin (GTR series) which still till this day contains more immersion that any other sim (and it's 10yrs+ old) and 10 years later, new technology, new boundires, more general public to ask "what would we like to see" and still, cannot get it right, even down the the shear basic's (where the feck is my FFB) LOL...then nope sorry.

I will never ever give them credit, or money, why would I?

Sorry for the off topic, but it was a question that had to be answered

first off, you didn't answer any question. you simply gave your opinion. narrow as it may be. this is a thread designed to ask questions to the developer so we can possibly get some answers as to the direction of pcars2. the statement " i will never EVER give them credit, or money" leads me to believe you have no intention of getting pcars2, so why are you here?

Last edited:
@dpeagle I am here for the same reason as you....

1) RD is not just about pCars, its about all sims
2) As I stated, if you read, it was my opinion and answering from "my point of view only"
3) RD is a freedom of speech, and I am allowed within reason to say what I want, right or wrong
4) I did answer a question, it's just you forgot to put a ? at the end of your statement.
5) My opinion might be narrow, but who are you to judge? (see that is a question)
6) I would part with my money for pcars2, if it has the potential to be any good. Going on their history, I am well within my rights to hold on to my hard earned cash, and say so. Please SMS/WMD prove me wrong. You disagree?

Nuff said and back to topic, please

Physics needs to be up with R3E AC & rF2. Sound - Ability to adjust separate volumes like in R3E was requested multiple times during pCars dev and was promised but never implemented. Will this be expanded or left the same ? Setups - better system needed where setups can be loaded from track not main menu.

There won't be, SMS themselves said it somwhere, I did read it today, it's a PCARS 2 thread with lots of questions, no idea if it is in their site

Shooting themselves in the foot. They now have 2 hours to impress me before I steam refund.
Considering it took 2 months to get FFB right in pcars this game better be dam slick to impress in that short window of opportunity :)

All three good questions, but I have to ask, what issues did you have with the audio in the first game? I thought it was just fine. The immersion in the first game is very good if you use the helmet view, one of the few games that actually offer a helmet view. Its not just being able to see part of the helmet that made it immersive but the head movement that goes with it that isn't there in the cockpit view.

I have to admit I didn't play it a lot cause at the time on release I had PS4 (and noticeable bugs/issues) and this put me off it. Only got a PC again recently but have concentrated on Assetto Corsa and with the sequel coming felt little desire to try it on PC.

Regards the audio, I found the stereo positioning wasnt as good as other titles, example with two left wheels on grass/kerbs, this had noticeable output on the opposite channel so operated more like mono. I don't know if this was fixed at a later time but for me it was noticeable also with using tactile. I really enjoy stereo left/right effects and Forza 6 for example produced much better sensation for directional effects like these.

* as others have also stated....
Additionally the lack of controls for the audio. Here, titles like Assetto Corsa give more control over individual effects volumes and this is greatly appreciated to create your own custom preference as well as a benefit again for tactile/buttkicker owners.

• tunaphis

Who sign's off on these games,the dev's or the money? Are the folks over at Sega who gave us online and dlc regarded like Lewis Renieri is in banking? Could a dev share he's thoughts on his level of job satisfaction.Why no pensioner discount on games.
have they seen my cat..

Hoping these questions isn't too late, or already brought up.
For tracks with 24 hour races will there be extra attention to the pit lanes? Most of the endurance tracks, Le Mans, Spa, Dubai, are like living things when they host their longest races. Part of that I think is the hive of activity in the pit lane. I'm not expecting NPC models that move out of the way anytime a car comes to pit, but the pit lane of Le Mans in pCars1 for example was like an old empty house. So my question:
what steps are being taken for tracks like that to give some of the feeling of being there?

On that note:
if the AI cars have damage during an endurance will they come into the pits for that lengthy repair or just punk out like they do in pCars1?

Are the 24 race venues going to be able to support large grids?
Can we have customizable grids or grids specific to a series (WEC, ADAC, Blancpain, 24hour series)?

I realize that I might be a masochist for endurance racing. But those things are important to enjoy the game for me. And I REALLY don't want to be dealing with GT4 cars while in an LMP1. I'm not really a fan of the fake sponsors either, so I'd rather be racing against 1 real liveried opponent than 99 fake ones.

PS: Not expecting this to happen because of scale and implementing multiple cars per pit garage is probably irritating to code; but 100 cars on Nurburgring combined layout? Ha, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%