PC2 Slightly Mad Studios Interview Upcoming - Submit Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS.jpg

RaceDepartment are due to sit down with Slightly Mad Studios in the coming days and discuss Project CARS 2 amongst other things, so we thought it a good idea to ask you to submit some questions you want answering...

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin! I'm going to be talking to Slightly Mad Studios Ian Bell in the next few days and would like to know any questions you want us to get an answer on.. so get your questions submitted in the comments section and I'll throw them into the interview (within reason...)

Cheers!

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC late 2017.

Project CARS 2 - 3a.png
Project CARS 2 - 6a.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 2a.jpg

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment. For Project CARS 2 specific information have a look at our Project CARS 2 sub forum.

You know the drill by now. Below is the comments section, and comments we like! So get your questions posted and we'll do our best to include them in our upcoming interview...

Forget where but when Pcars came out I read an interview where they said they had a DX12 compiled version of Pcars and there was a performance boost of around 50% (if I can remember where I read this I'll edit this and add the link) and they did mention releasing it at some point but that never happened.

Will Pcars2 be DX12 compatible and also will it take advantage of Nvidia 10 series features like Ansel and VR Works? That Nvidia tease with 4k on 1080p makes me wonder, but maybe they can't answer at this time because of NDA with Nvidia

Will it allow more than 1 custom livery per car?

Will they be more liberal in regards to modding community (tracks, cars, sounds, gloves, suits like Assetto)?

all I got right now, thanks.

Last edited:
Will the game fully support PSVR? Even in online mode against others that aren't using VR?

Will it be possible to turn flags and/or penalties on or off seperately? And will the penalties be more realistic (as in a time penalty at the end of the race or a drive through/stop and go penalty instead of losing power on track)?

• ronniej

Hello Mr Bell.

-Release date?
-Will this one be the sim racer to top all sim racers?

Last edited by a moderator:
People like you are a dime a dozen, one of the flock of sheep that think its funny and cool to insult Project CARS. If its not your type of game, move on and find another one that is. There's plenty of them to choose from, certainly one of them should suit your needs. Based on the few posts of yours that I've read already, you would rather try to be the class clown though.
First of all, if you have good points ("insult hidden in question" and "just play something else and let others have their fun"), maybe don't start your post with an insult.

But now my point:
It's easier with something like Forza to say "it doesn't play/feel like I want it, it's for another audience, not for me, I'll play something else and don't bother with it". Project CARS on the other hand tries to be a sim and has the posh that some other beloved sims are missing. Basically it's "sooo *showing with index finger and thumb* close" to be loved by the sim community (I mean a good part does love it, but the bigger part probably doesn't). The people who don't like it see "this is made for me!", but some of the physics are not thought all the way through and when that shows, the reaction naturally isn't just "eh, maybe this just isn't for me" but rather "I should stop playing this pile of garbage". I'm not defending the "this pile of garbage" wording, ...what I'm saying is, it's not as easy as "this is not for me, I'll just play something else".

-------------------
It's not that hard for a pCARS2 to turn it all around
- FFB that looks more at how iRacing, Studio 397, Reiza and Kunos do it, instead of relying solely on own ideas and on what testers (even if prominent) say it should feel
- Physics: If your sim shows to behave wrong/unrealistic, don't fine-tune/tweak some values, so probably nobody will notice, but go back to the drawing board. Don't fight the symptoms, go to the source, learn and understand what is wrong, maybe get some help from people who know(at universities or car companies)
- bugs: Don't be so overambitious. Do what you do well instead of doing everything ...but all of it a little broken somewhere.
(but I do understand that this last part is really hard with the hyped WMD-members and wanting to build some hype for the console sales yourself)

Give me a demo to show that this has been improved and I'll jump on your hype train.
Right now, I'm pretty worried that the physics are not really improved when I see videos like this
of the AMG shaking, twisting, jerking - especially under braking the longitudinal vibration looks wrong.
At 3:27 the outside wheel, not the inside wheel, seems locks up (I assume because of too much vibration), either way this doesn't happen in the real world.

Last edited:

I can't give you anything because I'm not allowed as a WMD member. All I can say is that you've provided a video of a game that is still likely 6+ months from release assuming it doesn't get delayed. This would typically be called an alpha build. All I can tell you is that playing it feels considerably improved from the first Project CARS. You can choose to believe me or not, I understand why you might not, you don't know me and I'm not bothered by that. When the game is released, it certainly won't meet EVERYONE'S expectations as no game ever does, all I can say is that in my opinion its much improved from the original. Take that for what its worth.

All I can tell you is that playing it feels considerably improved from the first Project CARS. You can choose to believe me or not, I understand why you might not, you don't know me and I'm not bothered by that. When the game is released, it certainly won't meet EVERYONE'S expectations as no game ever does, all I can say is that in my opinion its much improved from the original. Take that for what its worth.
I believe you and some things I've been hearing about pCARS2 have me go "yess! nice." like dynamic weather, puddle build up and drainage, a now laserscanned Nordschleife (really didn't like the too bumpy surface of that in pCARS1), a spotter or the lighting of the footage of long beach.
I will try to give it a fair shot. Hope there will be a demo, but if not, I can still (ab)use the Steam refund system.

- You seem to have taken a huge inspiration from iracing for the online part of the game : what is best and what is worse in yours than in iracing's system ?
- Will we have ABS, TC, etc.. aids set up differently and individually for each car ? Or will it be a global unreal setting for all cars like often seen in games ?
- In regards to the previous question, will everyone be on the same level concerning aids ? If the car everyone runs in an online race doesn't have ABS or TC or whatever, I don't want to run against people using these aids.
- Do you plan to have BOP for cars which can apply for this kind of things, depending on series ? In online races I mean
- Do you plan to organize online races with some kind of big rewards ? (like the vegas race or iWCGPS in iracing again :) )

i would like to know if their will be any adjustability for the AI in inclement weather, or day/night transitions. i find in pcars 1, weather and or day/night transitions have little effect on them.

Last edited:
Would like to ask about performace
I ran PC1 with an i3 2100 and a HD7850 1gb, playable all the time even with max grids at a track like Spa, smooth experience, I wonder if PC2 will be as optimized as PC1 on this aspect. It made me remember GTA V stability, on this aspect of gaming SMS is on pair with Rockstar

OK had a little think now...how about this.........

1) Would you like pCars2 to be classed as a hardcore sim?

2)There doesn't seem to be a sim that takes all the good bits (even 10yrs ago, GTR2 was doing) from all the sims out there, RF does this, Iracing does that, AC does this bit, pCars does that, but not one has wrapped everything up in to one lovely package. Could you do this with pCars 2?

Can you ask Mr Bell if he still regards any one that points out any flaws on RD are still "haters"? Or will he be a bit more mature and accept some honest criticism here without threats of law suits?;):whistling::)
you see, this sort of post adds nothing to the thread. let it go andy. pcars 1 was a brilliant first effort from a new developer. instead of trying to stir up old useless vitriol and hate, bring a useful question that might help make pcars 2 amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back