PC2 Slightly Mad Studios Interview Upcoming - Submit Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS.jpg

RaceDepartment are due to sit down with Slightly Mad Studios in the coming days and discuss Project CARS 2 amongst other things, so we thought it a good idea to ask you to submit some questions you want answering...

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin! I'm going to be talking to Slightly Mad Studios Ian Bell in the next few days and would like to know any questions you want us to get an answer on.. so get your questions submitted in the comments section and I'll throw them into the interview (within reason...)

Cheers!

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC late 2017.

Project CARS 2 - 3a.png
Project CARS 2 - 6a.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 2a.jpg

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment. For Project CARS 2 specific information have a look at our Project CARS 2 sub forum.

You know the drill by now. Below is the comments section, and comments we like! So get your questions posted and we'll do our best to include them in our upcoming interview...

I would like to know if the game will have better physics or the SMS will only prioritize the visual again.

is it actually going to be a sim this time?

1) Why are your physics / handling / Force feed back so crap!!!!

2) Amazing GFX, weather, night and day, are not everything to a real sim racing driver, the feedback and handling is paramount to most..Are you going to tackle this, and if so how?

What about making a proper question instead of "transforming" an insult into a question?

I would like to know if the game will have better physics or the SMS will only prioritize the visual again.

The physics are improved already, I can tell you that much. Visuals are still good, which I'm thankful for. No racing sim has been everything to everyone so far. I feel like sometimes sim racers are asking too much to have a game that checks every imaginable box that people can come up with.

Last edited:
is it actually going to be a sim this time?

People like you are a dime a dozen, one of the flock of sheep that think its funny and cool to insult Project CARS. If its not your type of game, move on and find another one that is. There's plenty of them to choose from, certainly one of them should suit your needs. Based on the few posts of yours that I've read already, you would rather try to be the class clown though.

1) High quality lighting has been shown in many of the recent screenshots. Will they be implementing HDR on consoles and also the PC version?

2) They have announced upto 12K is supported by displays, offering very high-end visual possibilities.
Can they say what is being done to improve the audio or further enhance the immersion over the first game?

3) Will this title support SLI for VR usage that Nvidia are currently developing?

What about making a proper question instead of "transforming" an insult into a question?
I'm giving my point of view, I don't think Pcars bad but does not have good physics in several aspects, who had the opportunity to play it on BETA and compare it with the final version saw clearly that physics was drastically changed, i dont know for what purpose but lower than BETA while in contrast the visual was overestimated. SMS made with PCars in a certain way but in the different aspect what Kunos does as Assetto worries about secondary points and forgets the main, in the case of Assetto Kunos launches DLC behind DLC content and leaves aside tools and options for the races ON / OFF line

I think the physics in the Beta wasn't the only thing which got crippled (i don't know actually), but i'm still convinced that the physics during the updates changed for the worse. I liked 1.0 by the way and found the handling really well comparing to the TM4 in AC that days. Even slicks were a bit sliding over the tarmaq and not just the usual on/off-grip that days, but today there's nothing left of that and my guess is, they make it worse after getting 90% of the money to sell us their "physics-update" now in late 2017 and so on...

So my question: Can cars drift properly in pCars 2?

My question is:

Any chance to play with friends on the same PC/Console using the hotseat-mode as seen in Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series?
In alternative, is possible to use AI control (Ctrl-I), selecting another car and giving the control of this new car back to the human player?

1) High quality lighting has been shown in many of the recent screenshots. Will they be implementing HDR on consoles and also the PC version?

2) They have announced upto 12K is supported by displays, offering very high-end visual possibilities.
Can they say what is being done to improve the audio or further enhance the immersion over the first game?

3) Will this title support SLI for VR usage that Nvidia are currently developing?

All three good questions, but I have to ask, what issues did you have with the audio in the first game? I thought it was just fine. The immersion in the first game is very good if you use the helmet view, one of the few games that actually offer a helmet view. Its not just being able to see part of the helmet that made it immersive but the head movement that goes with it that isn't there in the cockpit view.

Will the game launch with all features listed to date or will we get another list of missing features to potential come at a later date?
Audio....will we see more customizable audio sliders...ex. Tire squeal, tire skidding, opponent volume, 5.1, 7.1 etc.
Will the descriptions for the ffb sliders be in laymen terms or forgein language?
Ex. Vertical ffb, laterall, road effects, min ffb etc.
Will the base ffb out of the box be acceptable or another build your own adventure?
Is the ridiculous flash reflections on the hood of cars from the backfire of cars hundred of ft in front really gonna be in the game or just a bug?
Ive noticed from several of the preview pics of vehicles some have those nice led light strips around the headlights but none of the gt3 cars have led number boards on the side for night racing....will this make it into the game.
Will multiplayer have a similar experience to iracing ex. Weekly races, stat tracking, divisions or just an attempt to group similar ranked players in lobbies?

All three good questions, but I have to ask, what issues did you have with the audio in the first game? I thought it was just fine. The immersion in the first game is very good if you use the helmet view, one of the few games that actually offer a helmet view. Its not just being able to see part of the helmet that made it immersive but the head movement that goes with it that isn't there in the cockpit view.
My experience with the audio in pcars 1 was very poor....glitching sounds when in the pits, some classes you couldnt hear your own car due to the over powering sounds of opponents, no customizable sliders like opponent volume, tire scrubbing etc or stero options 5.1, 7.1

My 4 questions that burned me most with frustration from pCars1:

1) Will pCars2 have full multi monitor support with perspective correction from launch?
2) Will pCars2 have a logical menu system fully controllable either by keyboard (arrow keys + ENTER + ESC only) or controller (arrow keys + A + B button only) from launch?
3) Will pCars2 have full support for modding (infinite amount of custom skins, mod tracks and cars) from launch?
4) Will it run on AMD graphics cards and low end machines at native monitor resolution and AA enabled but reasonable graphics effects removed (no fun running at 720p without AA over triple screens)?

Apart from the obvious questions they can't answer because it's too subjective ("true sim", "good FFB") and won't answer because of licensing etc ("which cars will be in", "will race series XY be in"), i have generally one question so far, maybe i come up with more til tomorrow:

In the final version of Pcars 1 the AI was very good for club and GT cars, exactly the right amount of aggressiveness to keep you on your toes, but still fair and not causing havoc. But on faster cars (Formula, LMP) this aggressiveness turned into crashes pretty much everytime you made small mistakes, thus spoiling the fun. Will you [obviously directed at SMS] have more then one preset for the AI this time? Like more aggressive ones for club and touring cars, and less aggressive ones for faster, more sensitive cars? Since only toning aggressiveness down isn't really the solution, since races with club cars would become pretty boring this way.

A lot of venting it appears. Paul please ask...............
1. Will championship mode be preset or can we create a championship (and on that question....)?
2. Will we be able to select the cars/classes for our race or championship as opposed to a willy nilly array (which was interesting but not very accurate like historical cars v.s. modern cars)?
3. Finally will we be able to turn over driving duties to the A.I. which will be paced at my/your average lap?
Thanks for including us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back