Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
So, will there be more updates of this app? I really like Sidekick, but I don't want to use the Content Manager. :-/
Is there an easy way to read out the optimal temps and pressures yourself, or what do you need for that? :cautious:

Hi Topuz.
I encountered a strange operation with the Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD ST185. The YellowLightShift turns on between 5000 and 5200 RPM, then turns off and turns back on at 5800 RPM and then runs on regularly. I'm using the standard setup:

Yellowlimitenabled = True
Yellowlimitpercentage = 92.0
Optimalshiftlights = True
Yellowlimitpowerpercentage = 96.0
Redlimitpowerpercentage = 100.0

And do not appear in config.ini (but present in the config_default.ini file)
Redlimitenabled = True;
Redlimitpercentage = 96;

Do I have to make some changes in the settings?

Can you also implement the blue color in the RPM bar to indicate a too low RPM range (always expressed as a percentage of the maximum RPM)?

Oh yeah, give in to CM. Its totally worth it :)
Well I gave in to CM as I needed to know the optimal PSI for the Lotus 2 Eleven for the cup race on Sunday.

You really need the optimal PSI to get disqualified before the end of lap 3, disqualification is just not the same when ones tyres are incorrectly inflated. Yes we had another pit window debacle..!

:p

I thought of something else (that you prolly already thought of too and know it doesnt work, lol), but is it possible to somehow tap into each car and the placement for the Sidekick app so that it change its position on the screen dependant on car? With F1 i need it higher up and with GT3 i need it further down etc. Not hard to change, but neat feature if it was possible. Maybe click the edge of it to save its position or maybe being saved when hitting the sticky pin.

Prolly not possible or maybe too much work.
This would be an absolutely brilliant feature !

The way I use the app is to make it part of each individual cars cockpit.
So for every differnt car I have to move the app around and ideally also would have to resize for some cars (not possible without restart now, hence impractical).

If the app would save its position, scale and functions for each car individually (impplement a save app state in the car data sub app), it would the app so much more useful.
It would act in a way like Kunos save view settings for each individual car (which I use EXTENSIVELY).

Love the app! Big thumbs up!

Hi Topuz,

At first a big thank you for the neat app. Really useful and way more efficient in using the space on the screen.

Not sure if others reported it yet (not that I saw) but sometimes sidekick gets corrupted and prevents you from starting. It will load for a while after pressing start but than it will put you back at the launcher. If you disable Sidekick or just replace it by original files it's ok again.

Nowadays the first thing I try is to disable sidekick but more than once I reinstalled graphics drivers, did a integrity check from steam etc without result.

Not sure when it happens but it does happen. I'm not the only one as well but have to find out when it happens. Maybe by not exiting the game the normal way or something. Just wanted to let you know.

Hi Topuz,

At first a big thank you for the neat app. Really useful and way more efficient in using the space on the screen.

Not sure if others reported it yet (not that I saw) but sometimes sidekick gets corrupted and prevents you from starting. It will load for a while after pressing start but than it will put you back at the launcher. If you disable Sidekick or just replace it by original files it's ok again.

Nowadays the first thing I try is to disable sidekick but more than once I reinstalled graphics drivers, did a integrity check from steam etc without result.

Not sure when it happens but it does happen. I'm not the only one as well but have to find out when it happens. Maybe by not exiting the game the normal way or something. Just wanted to let you know.
Exactly this happened to me today :-(
I was set to enter a Nordschleife Endurance GT3 club race this morning, have prepared all week long for the event, built a nice setup and have prepared the simulator perfectly for this mornings event.
No issues thus far of any kind for the entire week.

I entered the online server this morning.
I tried to adjust force feedback (num pad +/-).
The FFB adjustment was unresponsive.
I left the server, planning to restart the computer.
I restarted the computer, restarted AC and tried to enter the same server again.

I got a crash back to the launcher just the moment before I would enter the pit.
People on the server reported that they saw me entering the server actually (server message "person123 entered the server").

The strange thing was that I could from that point on not enter ANY session (offline, practice, online, etc) with that particular car + track combination at all (consistently crash back to launcher).

I could enter the same track with other cars.
I could enter other tracks with the same car that would crash on Nordschleife Endurance.

It took almost 4 hours and three people of troubleshooting to move through the usual procedures of troubleshooting:

- disabling of all apps from the AC options menu in the AC launcher (including sidekick)
- Steam file verification
- restarts
- selective deletion of the involved car and track + restarts after Steam file verification
- graphics card driver reinstall
- deletion of AC documents folder
- opening of support ticket at AC forum

It turned out that deleting the entire AC documents folder let me enter a session with the effected car + track combination.
We then tracked down after a long time of testing file by file that this file was the culprit of the crashes:

documents/assetto corsa/cfg/python.ini

It was indeed related to the sidekick app.
The moment I reenabled the sidekick app from within the AC launcher Assetto Corsa would crash on the specific car + track combination consistently.

I then completely deleted sidekick and reinstalled it.
It is working now again.

BUT - I do have some funny behavior with sidekick now:
The keyboard shortcut to move the "cursor" from button to button does not move the buttons in proper sequence (i.e.: current lap time | time gap | Pos | fuel | tires)
It will jump straight from "current lap time" to "Pos" to "time gap" to "fuel"

It is very confusing while racing in the heat of battle and always jumping to the wrong section to select a set :-(

Hi Topuz.
I encountered a strange operation with the Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD ST185. The YellowLightShift turns on between 5000 and 5200 RPM, then turns off and turns back on at 5800 RPM and then runs on regularly. I'm using the standard setup:

Yellowlimitenabled = True
Yellowlimitpercentage = 92.0
Optimalshiftlights = True
Yellowlimitpowerpercentage = 96.0
Redlimitpowerpercentage = 100.0

And do not appear in config.ini (but present in the config_default.ini file)
Redlimitenabled = True;
Redlimitpercentage = 96;

Do I have to make some changes in the settings?

Can you also implement the blue color in the RPM bar to indicate a too low RPM range (always expressed as a percentage of the maximum RPM)?

Sidekick's shift light estimations will only be as accurate as the graph is. I haven't tried the Celica yet, but I always suggest recalculating the graphs using Content Manager. That way, you can always be sure Sidekick will have correct data for triggering the lights.

This would be an absolutely brilliant feature !

The way I use the app is to make it part of each individual cars cockpit.
So for every differnt car I have to move the app around and ideally also would have to resize for some cars (not possible without restart now, hence impractical).

If the app would save its position, scale and functions for each car individually (impplement a save app state in the car data sub app), it would the app so much more useful.
It would act in a way like Kunos save view settings for each individual car (which I use EXTENSIVELY).

Love the app! Big thumbs up!

Someone already requested something similar. I'll look into it, but no promises.

Hi Topuz,

Unfortunately, I had a few of these reports. It never happened to me personally, but it seems like the gear ratios or odometers file somehow end up corrupted. Deleting the relevant file from gear_ratios or odometers folder usually solves the issue. If I manage to figure out what goes wrong, I'll fix it, but it's difficult chasing ghosts since it never happened to me.

Exactly this happened to me today :-(
I was set to enter a Nordschleife Endurance GT3 club race this morning, have prepared all week long for the event, built a nice setup and have prepared the simulator perfectly for this mornings event.
No issues thus far of any kind for the entire week.

I entered the online server this morning.
I tried to adjust force feedback (num pad +/-).
The FFB adjustment was unresponsive.
I left the server, planning to restart the computer.
I restarted the computer, restarted AC and tried to enter the same server again.

I got a crash back to the launcher just the moment before I would enter the pit.
People on the server reported that they saw me entering the server actually (server message "person123 entered the server").

The strange thing was that I could from that point on not enter ANY session (offline, practice, online, etc) with that particular car + track combination at all (consistently crash back to launcher).

I could enter the same track with other cars.
I could enter other tracks with the same car that would crash on Nordschleife Endurance.

It took almost 4 hours and three people of troubleshooting to move through the usual procedures of troubleshooting:

- disabling of all apps from the AC options menu in the AC launcher (including sidekick)
- Steam file verification
- restarts
- selective deletion of the involved car and track + restarts after Steam file verification
- graphics card driver reinstall
- deletion of AC documents folder
- opening of support ticket at AC forum

It turned out that deleting the entire AC documents folder let me enter a session with the effected car + track combination.
We then tracked down after a long time of testing file by file that this file was the culprit of the crashes:

documents/assetto corsa/cfg/python.ini

It was indeed related to the sidekick app.
The moment I reenabled the sidekick app from within the AC launcher Assetto Corsa would crash on the specific car + track combination consistently.

I then completely deleted sidekick and reinstalled it.
It is working now again.

BUT - I do have some funny behavior with sidekick now:
The keyboard shortcut to move the "cursor" from button to button does not move the buttons in proper sequence (i.e.: current lap time | time gap | Pos | fuel | tires)
It will jump straight from "current lap time" to "Pos" to "time gap" to "fuel"

It is very confusing while racing in the heat of battle and always jumping to the wrong section to select a set :-(
This is very strange, since Sidekick absolutely doesn't use any folder besides its own. The python.ini file is only used by the launcher to tell AC which apps are active, nothing more than that. In your case, this sounds like a conflict with some other app. Do you use FFBClip by any chance?

It would be wonderful if the feature could be added ;-)

Yes Topuz, I do have ffbclip installed and may have accidentally activated it this morning but am not sure about it.
I do have the FFB clip warning in sidekick disabled though.
The reason why I came up with sidekick was that after tracking down the crash to the python file, I deleted the python file (so AC will recreate a new one with all apps disabled).
Then I reenabled each app separately from the AC launcher and started a session with each app enabled. I received the crash again only when sidekick was enabled.

After having deleted the sidekick app from the app folder and reinstalling it from a fresh download it worked again (except for the strange ALT+A / ALT+S behavior I am afraid ;-)

Small update:
"… (except for the strange ALT+A / ALT+S behavior I am afraid ;-)"

This behavior somehow has fixed itself and the app is now working beautiful as designed!

We use the same data, but the way I treat wear is a bit different. Overall, it's pretty much the same thing, only different aesthetic approaches.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back