Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Seriously, I have no idea how this is possible. What other apps are you using? Try disabling everything but Sidekick to rule out possible conflicts. If the issue persists, try deleting Sidekick folder (back it up first if you care about records and odometers) and installing a fresh one, doing a Steam integrity check, and/or ultimately making a fresh Assetto Corsa documents folder.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already tried disabling all other apps. I'll backup my docs folder and see if a new one fixes it.

Hey dude!
First of all i need to say, i love your work! Lots of information in a very small and discreet window :)
I only have one little request. I am red green colourblind and i'm having some issues with light greens and yellow. That means i really need to watch the DRS sign while pressing the butten, to tell if its open or closed, otherwise i really cant say :D
Would be nice if you could make the green darker or add a darker green version for the people who dont want that.
Thank youn in advance, cheers! :)

Thank you for compliments. :)
Hopefully this version will suit you well, I've made the DRS letters white and made the green much darker. If you need any further adjustments, feel free to tell me. Just drop the image into assettocorsa\apps\python\Sidekick\images and replace the existing one.

Attachments

• drs_enabled.png
    drs_enabled.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 218
question on this app, for the ideal temperature range for the tires, how are the values generated? I guess now there have been several versions of the tire model, the ones listed here:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/what-are-the-differences-between-tyres-compounds.15/

are pretty different front the ones in Sidekick. Not sure which one I should follow? Empirically lapping GT2 car(C7R) by trying to keep the tires "green" with the soft/super softs results in much slower time then try to aim for the temperatures in the above link(which would be pretty red indeed for the sidekick app)

The link you provided is completely outdated. Sidekick's numbers are taken straight from the physics files and re-checked on every AC update. I can assure you they are correct. ;)

You don't need to stick blindly to the ideal range, but keeping the tyres in the green zone will give you most grip and slowest degradation. Different tyres behave differently, some you can push over the limits without sacrificing much grip and degradation, while some others drop off very quickly when outside their comfort zone. Depending on the situation (race, qualifying...), your driving style and ambient/road temperatures, you'll need to find the compound that works best.

About DRS, I made the yellow indicator of availability blue, because I wanted it to be more distinctive against the yellow shift light.
If somebody wants to use it.

Attachments

• drs_available.png
    drs_available.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 181
The link you provided is completely outdated. Sidekick's numbers are taken straight from the physics files and re-checked on every AC update. I can assure you they are correct. ;)

You don't need to stick blindly to the ideal range, but keeping the tyres in the green zone will give you most grip and slowest degradation. Different tyres behave differently, some you can push over the limits without sacrificing much grip and degradation, while some others drop off very quickly when outside their comfort zone. Depending on the situation (race, qualifying...), your driving style and ambient/road temperatures, you'll need to find the compound that works best.

I am not surprised considering how the many tire model updates. I need to do more testing I guess.

Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Added Mazda Miata NA, Mazda 787B and Porsche 911 RSR 2017 to ideal temperatures and pressures list; updated data for Lotus 72D and Ferrari 312T
- Updated the shared memory Sim Info with the new AC 1.13 parameters

Note: If you're using Content Manager to manage Sidekick's temperatures and pressures data, you can skip this version since there are no code changes compared to v1.10

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi again Topuz. And again great job.

I had a look at your code and it seems very clean. It would be possible to add a few more details to improve the setup?
In particular I would like on screen the difference between front and rear grip under braking to set the brake balance.
I also use the bars of the clutch and throttle to balance the start: it would be possible to have this two values in numeric format, rather than bars format?
Do you think it is also possible to display the height values of the car to check if it touches the ground (and thus increase or decrease the car height )?
Thanks in advance.
And again awesome job.

Thanks, glad you like the app. I think all of those things are possible, but honestly, I think such detailed info would be a bit overkill for how I try to do things with Sidekick. If I think of a way to squeeze some of that info without adding more clutter I might do it, but no promises.

Love the app but I have in interesting issue!
Merc Sauber C9 at Donning Park National and the app disappears and cannot be added, other tracks are all fine but with this combo it is gone and and it loses it screen position when it can be added back on another track. Strange!

Works fine here... Try deleting the personal best time manually for that particular combo, maybe the file somehow got corrupted. Is there anything Sidekick related in the console (Home button)? Other than that, no idea.

Hi Topuz,

Any chance for a patch with the tyre pressure info for the new cars?

Or should I just give in and install content manager?

Thanks for the great app :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back