Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there any way to show a bit more info on the app at once? Ideally id like to be able to view session remaining time, lap count and current position all at once without having to use the keyboard. Otherwise I still need the kunos essentials app open too

Is there any way to show a bit more info on the app at once? Ideally id like to be able to view session remaining time, lap count and current position all at once without having to use the keyboard. Otherwise I still need the kunos essentials app open too
Without some major interventions in the code, not really, no.

Edit: You know there's auto toggling, plus you can map the keyboard shortcut to a wheel and switch stuff on the fly that way?

Last edited:
ahh how did i miss the auto toggling! that works really well, thanks :)
Think the only thing missing now is the car electronics, so i will just keep the electronics app up alongside this one, thanks :)

I agree, however I can only check whether TC or ABS is on or off, no way to know if the systems are active in that particular moment. Therefore I decided not do deal with them at all unless Kunos expands the shared memory or Python API to include that info.

With the new timed system estimating the right amount of fuel can be a tricky maths problem. I've got a spreadsheet that I'm now doing it with, but I wonder if it would be possible for the app spit out a figure for us, once it gets the fuel usage per lap. This assumes that it's possible for the app to know the race length during practise and qualifying. I don't know if that's possible. If it's not, an alternative could be to put in the race length manually and then the algorithm give an answer.

@Topuz: First of all: Again Thank You for this app :thumbsup: The new features are great additions to your very useful app.
One question: The tire wear in your app (in%) is different in comparsion to the Kunos tire app (graph).
In my tests for example sidekick shows the wear 40% in red. The Kunos tire app shows at the same time a bar above half in yellow. The tire of the car are shortly before death :D
So which display is the one to use in this case? :O_o:

On Kunos' tyre app, the bar height shows how many vkm (virtual kilometers) you've done on the current set of tyres, it's not a wear indicator. The actual tyre wear is indicated only by color. Sidekick doesn't care about vkm, it only shows the scaled wear value, "practical" wear if you like. Quoting myself from some time ago:
The app gets tyre wear data from the game in the range 0-100%, and that's what most other apps show, without any changes.
However, as Stefano (or maybe it was Aris, not sure) mentioned on multiple occasions, anything below 94% is borderline undriveable. So, in order to make it more logical, to increase the precision and save screen space, by default I treat 94% (and everything below 94%) as 0% and scale everything by 16 (16.66 actually, because the interval 94-100% is 16.66 times shorter than 0-100%).
This way, the interval 94-100% as the game reports it becomes 0-100% as Sidekick displays it. In my opinion, this makes the data more sensible. For example 96.2% (as the game reports it) doesn't seem like anything you should worry about while driving, but once scaled it becomes ~36%, and it makes you realize you've actually worn the tyre quite a bit. As an additional bonus, you don't have to process the decimals with your brain/eyes while driving and it takes up less space.
If for whatever reason you don't like this scale, you can decrease the wear scale to 8 for example, and that would make Sidekick take into account twice longer interval (88-100% as the game reports it), and previous example of 96.2% (as the game reports it) would become ~67% as displayed by Sidekick.
If you set the wear scale to 1, Sidekick displays the exact data received by the game, without any scaling, although without any decimal points, so quite imprecise.
The colors however, always follow Kunos' official tyre app where the wear turns yellow below 98% as the game reports it (this will happen at 66% with wear scale 16 in Sidekick) and red below 96% as the game reports it (this will happen at 33% with wear scale 16 in Sidekick) regardless of wear scale. This is one more reason why 16 is default, since it gives nice equal thirds for coloring where 0-33% will be red, 33-66% will be yellow, and 66-100% is green. The wear colors are affected by the scale only in a sense that you will "hit" the color changes on higher numbers as Sidekick displays them. It's important to comprehend that no tyre wear data is actually ever changed, but only scaled for convenience, and that's why the color changes will happen independently (and always at the same time) of the actual wear numbers shown, which are dependent on the currently set wear scale.
If something's still unclear, feel free to ask. :)

Not going to happen, for multiple reasons, sorry. The UI is very compact and there's some serious juggling going on in the code to display so much data in so little space. The only consequence is that "move this to the middle" is much harder than editing a couple numbers and more like a 3 days work. ;)

Regarding the tyre temps/pressure/wear, is there a way I can remove the words that pop up? It's just annoying, I know which is which just by the numbers, every time it toggles between each it just wastes my time as it flashes up "Pressure.......... then the numbers finally appear"

I'd like it to just quickly switch between the numbers if possible :)

Great all in one app!! But I seem to have a problem that whenever I use your app, any screen changes I make to it or to native AC apps (i.e. Drag it to another area of my screen) don't get saved and revert back to their previous screen locations the next time I run a session. The problem resolves once I disable the sidekick app. Any ideas?

Yes I have it checked. I tried unchecking it but didn't help. Any other ideas? It seems that just enabling the python app in the "general" options menu is enough to prevent the saving of onscreen app changes and location. It also prevents setting changes from saving, like if I change the in car FFB level. But once I deselect sidekick from the "general" options menu in the launcher, everything works again.

Seriously, I have no idea how this is possible. What other apps are you using? Try disabling everything but Sidekick to rule out possible conflicts. If the issue persists, try deleting Sidekick folder (back it up first if you care about records and odometers) and installing a fresh one, doing a Steam integrity check, and/or ultimately making a fresh Assetto Corsa documents folder.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back