Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Go to Settings - Content Manager - Drive, and check the options you want under Sidekick section. After that it's all done automatically, upon session start CM will check if Sidekick needs car data (or if data needs to be updated) and generate the necessary files.

Unfortunately, I had a few of these reports. It never happened to me personally, but it seems like the gear ratios or odometers file somehow end up corrupted. Deleting the relevant file from gear_ratios or odometers folder usually solves the issue. If I manage to figure out what goes wrong, I'll fix it, but it's difficult chasing ghosts since it never happened to me.

If it happens again I'll make a backup of the sidekick folder and give you a link to download it. Maybe you can see what's wrong. Maybe try a few forced quits of AC while driving, not sure if that's the problem but that's my feeling. That it's working on a file but can't close it on a proper way or something.

thanks for the update, looks like for some reason the Kunos 2016 R8 LMS is not showing the the optimum tire temp for me. Check a few other ready to race pack cars and those seems to be working. Maybe something to look into?

Hi Topuz .... still very happy with your Sidekick app ! :thumbsup:

Maybe just a suggestion for the right area where you may choose "Pedals" or "Brand".
I sometimes noticed I forgot to have a look at air temperatures, wind and grip before starting on track.

Shouldn't it be interesting to add a 3d choice for this right section: Wind + windspeed - Ambient-Track temps and current grip ?
( momentarily I displayed another app for this .... but also showing infos I already have in Sidekick ).

As I don't see the importance of showing car Badge in place of pedals .... it might be a better choice between pedals and track conditions.

Just a suggestion of course .... but other drivers might also be interested with such a choice. ;)
NB: the less apps on screen the better of course.

NB2: nearly invisible Pitane Penalty App, same for Helicorsa with only the side yellow and red lights ( using Crew Chief together with it ) + Ptracker are already enough with SideKick on a server track.

Love the app.

Suggestion - how about an option to combine tire temps + wear? The colour of the numbers can refer to tire temperature while the numbers themselves can refer to wear. Kill two birds with one stone!

This sounds like your personal best files got corrupted somehow. You don't need to reinstall the app, deleting the relevant files from personal_best folder inside Sidekick folder should be enough. There are 3 files you'll need to delete, carname_trackname_pb.ini, carname_trackname_pbposlist.ini and carname_trackname_pbtimelist.ini. Before you do that it would be great if you could send me those files so I can try to figure out what went wrong and fix it for the future.

This sounds like your personal best files got corrupted somehow.
Could Content Manager's Sidekick "Lap Times: Sources: Export" feature be at fault? I used the Sidekick export for the first time yesterday (along with all the other ones except Rivali, since I don't have that). To be completely honest, I wasn't sure what it did, but it seems like quite the coincidence that something record-related got corrupted right after I used it.
Before you do that it would be great if you could send me those files so I can try to figure out what went wrong and fix it for the future.
Of course! They're attached. I haven't deleted anything yet in case you need any other data.

Attachments

• lotus_98t_ks_silverstone1967_pbposlist.ini
    6.1 KB · Views: 196
  • lotus_98t_ks_silverstone1967_pb.ini
    11 bytes · Views: 1,667
  • lotus_98t_ks_silverstone1967_pbtimelist.ini
    2.3 KB · Views: 204
Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Added delta to car in front/behind the player in the deltas section (not very accurate algorithm, based on speed and distance, identical to Kunos Realtime app)
- Added full Push to Pass support in a form of a bar with activation "bullets"
- Added a notification if the wheel is off-center at race start
- Overhauled the gear ratio learning for better robustness and accuracy, no need to click the "Recalculate" button when you change gear ratios any more (now relies on drivetrain speed thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks,

Are you using some special algortihm to get the gear shifting point ?
Sometimes i see the red light appearing mid RPM range... some power curves might have mid range peaks, maybe that's what causes this behaviour.

Thanks,

Are you using some special algortihm to get the gear shifting point ?
Sometimes i see the red light appearing mid RPM range... some power curves might have mid range peaks, maybe that's what causes this behaviour.
Yeah, the mid-range peaks will do that. I may add some kind of highest peak detection in the future, but I didn't bother with it since 99% of cars only have one peak. There's a bit more detailed explanation how the system works in the FAQ in the Overview page.

please please continue to update RaceEssentials as well. several people in my league, myself included, still use RE due to all the info being displayed at once. Makes quick checks much easier in the heat of the fight.

The maintenance of RaceEssentials is taken over by WallyM, you can find the link to the thread on AC forums in the FAQ in the Overview page.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%