Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
HI Topuz, how are you? Would it be possible to add the options to remove some of the components that are not being used? Ex.: Remove the pedals input bar, speedometer? Sometimes you rely on other stuff to see that information, and those numbers changing in the screen takes away your concentration.

HI Topuz, how are you? Would it be possible to add the options to remove some of the components that are not being used? Ex.: Remove the pedals input bar, speedometer? Sometimes you rely on other stuff to see that information, and those numbers changing in the screen takes away your concentration.
Not really, no. Sidekick's UI revolves heavily around images, making it modular is borderline impossible. Sorry.

Hi Topuz!
After I had fps dropping due to too many apps I tried sidekick and it's just hilarious how nice you did it! Thank you for creating this app :)
But I have two questions:
1. the tire wear indicates the color of the vertical bar in the standard app, right? Because I had a red bar, sliding all over the place but the bar it self was around 75%. Sidekick showed only 5-20% left

2. the delta time (set to personal best) shows a different value than the standard performance delta app. Most of the time, sidekick is wrong when I cross the finish line. Maybe it's my fault, can you help me on that? :)

Ex.: Remove the pedals input bar
Open the options window, there you can tick 'Show brand instead of pedals', then the pedal inputs are replaced with the manufacturer badge.

1. the tire wear indicates the color of the vertical bar in the standard app, right? Because I had a red bar, sliding all over the place but the bar it self was around 75%. Sidekick showed only 5-20% left

The vertical bar on the KS app indicates the vkm, that doesn't show the actual grip.

KS tyres are simulated from 100% to 98% as green, 98% to 96% as yellow and 96% to 94% as red.
This 6% is scaled in SK to 100% to 0%.

Hi Topuz!
After I had fps dropping due to too many apps I tried sidekick and it's just hilarious how nice you did it! Thank you for creating this app :)
But I have two questions:

2. the delta time (set to personal best) shows a different value than the standard performance delta app. Most of the time, sidekick is wrong when I cross the finish line. Maybe it's my fault, can you help me on that? :)
1. Check here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sidekick.123608/page-9#post-2414325
2. The way delta is calculated should be quite a bit more accurate than what Kunos is doing with the performance delta app. Is this behaviour common for all tracks? By saying it's wrong at the finish line, I assume you mean the last realtime delta value is not the same as the value that's displayed for a couple of seconds when you finish the lap?

Thanks for the quick response and clarification with the tires :)
I didn't test many tracks but monza and silverstone gp are off, I will report back for Barcelona moto after today's club race!
Example: best lap for me is 2:00.000
sidekick is telling me -0.500 and kunos performance delta is showing -0.200.
I complete the lap and it's a 1:59.800.

Your words about that spline calculation sound really nice and I'm not gonna say that sidekick is completely wrong but at the moment I can't rely on it no matter which mode I select :(
If you need some screenshots or video of it I will provide them! Maybe I'm just having something wrong :)

RasmusP, are you sure that Sidekick is showing the Delta for the current session?

Because SK saves your personal best for each combo you drive, so the next time you start a session with an existing PB you have to check which of the delta functions is active.

Sidekick can either be set up so it uses the current session's best time (like the KS app does) or the PB time that is saved as a reference.

I don't use the Kunos app anymore, but for me the delta was always correct on the finish line. There can be a bit of variance if you drive a different line compared to the benchmark time, but on the complete lap the lap times differs to the benchmark within a 0.01s or so.

Did you by any chance install AI line mods since you set your personal best times? Obviously, for delta calculation to be accurate, track spline needs to be the same between measurements. What comes to mind is that either Kunos updated the AI splines since you made your records, or maybe you did it yourself? There's a button in Sidekick car data sub-app which you can use to clear personal best lap time. After you do that, drive a few laps and see if it's sill off, this will make sure that reference lap and current lap are using the same spline.

Last edited:
I made one that is red with white text when enabled (fits with the red RPM limit color perfectly) and green with black text when in DRS zone. Different font as well. Hope thats ok @Topuz :)

thanks. i think the current colors are a bit hard to see in the heat of the moment so would be great if the colors was changed a bit more like yours. not sure if i like the font though.

Did you by any chance install AI line mods since you set your personal best times? Obviously, for delta calculation to be accurate, track spline needs to be the same between measurements. What comes to mind is that either Kunos updated the AI splines since you made your records, or maybe you did it yourself? There's a button in Sidekick car data sub-app which you can use to clear personal best lap time. After you do that, drive a few laps and see if it's sill off, this will make sure that reference lap and current lap are using the same spline.
Thanks man! I reset it after the first laps and it was perfectly accurate right after the first lap after the reset!
That's what I call support :thumbsup::inlove:
Really enjoyable now for me! :)

It's the second option in the left column of the settings tab.
"Speed and distance in metric units:"

Untick that one and it's using imperial units.

I use content manager, nothing is generated here as far as I can see.

Could you please share some details what I would need to do to have optimal tire pressure data ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back