Season 9 - General Discussion

It was only a suggestion. After the initial thrill (everyone should at least try it, it's fun...) it's not really our material. It requires totally different tactics, race length etc. But if we don't accept Korea then we need to find two tracks to fill the gap.And i just personally dislike Abu Dhabi but it isn't un-raceable in F1. Try it with GT and your steaming at the end of lap 2.. Awfully sterile with uninteresting corners. Also the only version that we have has the first version of finish line that's located too far: to do a good qualy run, you need to crash it at the end.. There's barely enough length left in that short straight that you need to start braking at the finishline to T1. Not a huge problem thou.

But first, the race dates.. We're waiting what Nico has to say and if i can be objective in this matter (i can't..), i strongly believe that the second draft is close to what we end up. There really wasn't any other options if we want to practice at the same time as the real life races are.. There's a lot of practice done in the F1 weekend, would want to miss that. If we do them like in the first draft, the real life race is not yet been driven, and we might miss public server guests.. There has traditionally been more interest during GP weekends for quick runs in the public, specially before/after real life sessions.

I will not be able to join the first three races (anything happening during august and the first week of september is out for me, unless I play with a keyboard -not bound to happen-). I don't mind about the rest.

I would like to have some pre-season event in june/july, though.

About the dates, both alternative calendars we start 3 weeks earlier and end about 2 weeks earlier than we usually do. There have been 3 people (Jim, Sean and Alberto) who have said they will not make the first race. The more I think about it the more uncomfortable I am with the situation.

Our schedule have been constructed to fit the European holidays to make it possible to attend as many races as possible. 8th of August is as far as I know in the middle of the summer holiday for most Europeans.

I think we need a 3rd alternative that is closer to what we usually have, on this one we start a week earlier and end the same time we usually do (the order of Hungary and Hockenheim is not intentional from my side).

And, are there anyone who cannot attend 19th of December?

22.8 –Presto - Race 1 - HUNGARY
29.8 – Rest
2.9 – F1 Spa
5.9 – Presto Race 2 - SPA
9.9 – F1 Monza
12.9 – Presto Race 3 - MONZA
19.9 – Rest
23.9 – F1 Singapore
26.9 – Presto Race 4 - SINGAPORE
3.10 – Rest
7.10 – F1 Suzuka
10.10 – Presto Race 5 - SUZUKA
14.10 – F1 Korea
17.10 – Rest
24.10 – Presto Race 6 - Vote 1
28.10 – F1 India
31.10 – Rest
4.11 – F1 Abu Dhabi
7.11 – Presto Race 7 - ABU DHABI
14.11 – Rest
18.11 – F1 Austin
21.11 – Presto Race 8 - Vote 2
25.11 – F1 Brazil
28.11 – Rest
5.12 – Presto Race 9 - Brazil
12.12 – Rest
19.12 Presto Race 10 - HOCKENHEIM(new or 1999 layout?)

Nice one Nico! I like this schedule.

Only one one week break sounds ok for me. Start and finish of the season looks also good in your suggestion.

And a vote for two alternative tracks and maybe about the version of hockenheim gives us enough room to fill in two nice tracks like Silverstone 2011 or so.

BTW: I like the thought of some nice slip stream battles on Hockenheims 1999 layout :)

I'm sorry to do this while you are sleeping Tim... :) I really hope 19th of December will not pose a too big a problem for you if we end up with that.

We also need to lock in track choices where there is a question of it (like Spa).

As for the track vote, we first and foremost need to make a list of all the suggestions.
From the top of my head:
Paul Ricard
Watkins Glen
Imola
Magny Cours
Le Mans?
Cicada
Montjuich
Donington
Imola
A1/Osterreichring
Detroit 1988 layout
(please help me complete the list)

Hocke '99 is very unique track and should satisfy anyone who wanted to get that Le Mans feeling.. Cars are topping at 355... ;)

I've so far tested the following tracks with good success: Sebring 12h layout, A1 Ring and Montjuich.

The next addon content i check are: Donington, Autodromo Internacional Algarve, Indianapolis Infield RC, Detroit 1988 and Dijon Grand Prix.

Dijon is one of my favourites where i've always wanted to try F1 race.
Ingame content is good and we all have them, thus Imola, Estoril and Istanbul are viable candidates. Also we don't get to see Imola anymore in real life, that would be awesome (RaceOn or some other expansion has Imola 08 which is more precisely modelled and lacks the final chicane but not all have that...)
Donington is trying to get a host of British GP beside Silverstone and is an old F1 legend track.
A1 is similar to that, RBR owned track, AFAIK...
Instead of Austin i've been trying to get an alternative, Detroit 1988 is one of those. Indy F1 track was shite IMHO but i'll test it anyway. MoSport was once Canadian GP... There are a lot of alternatives.. Mexico 1967... Riverside.. Potrero de Los Funes..

Dig your memories and suggest a suitable candidate that would fit the style and atmosphere of the original track.

EDIT: Lol, simultaneous posting there, Nico :)

I'll start a list, use copy paste to add stuff in. Asterisk * marks tested track (i haven't tested them all yet but have raced multiple online races with pitstops without any bugs.)

Paul Ricard *
Watkins Glen
Imola *
Magny Cours *
A1 Ring *
Montjuich *
Estoril *
Istanbul *
Dijon *
Cicada

I'll keep a track of this all, just keep posting alternatives. Maybe we then divide them between two categories, one for vote1 (Korea/India) and vote2 (Austin)? India/Korea are modern tracks, both have all kinds of corners but can be described as flowing tracks. Austin is AFAIK very interesting... It's a kind of Tilkes Spa, lots of elevation changes. Just as an coincidence, both i and Tilke have used exactly the same kind of solutions to corners... Austin is full of braking at the top of the hill for a varied widths or downhill braking to flat to 90 degrees.. So Cicada is actually close to Austin and that's just luck. And i can promise that it has an * at the end of month ie release date..

It would be nice to use Kennett's track at some point in the future, I can imagine the endless hours that must go into making a track:coffee: , it would be a nice reward to have it used for a Presto league event

Jim

The latest calender looks cool to me:)

I think the tracks that are now mentioned in Nicos post are enough.
There are some great tracks in that list and if we keep adding more we might get a winner with 2 votes which is then not really representative

I think we will do a Presto special vote on this one, where we give all tracks a score. This is the best way to get the most popular track, but has the weakness of being susceptible for tactical voting. Fortunatly we can use the Gentlemans rule to instruct all not to vote tactical. (Voting tactical is to give top score to the track you want the most and lowest score to what you think is it's biggest opponent instead of the track you want the least. Voting like a Gentleman is to let the points be a true reflection of your liking of the tracks).

As for testing Watkins Glen, we have used the track on earlier league events without problems, so the track should be good :)

For those who still mention Silverstone, the reason why it is not in the list is that we raced it in season 8 and plan to race it again in season 10. Silverstone is one of my absolute favorites, so it is not like I do not want it myself, but I have learned to wait for the appropriate season. If this was to be our last season I would be much more positive to forget the long term perspective and race it again.

theres only a couple of tracks there that id even consider using for an f1 league.....

paul ricard
watkins glen
donnington
imola
A1 ring

the rest id just have to make up points for as ive never tried any of them and probably never would in an f1 car.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.