Season 9 - General Discussion

Edit: Couldn't the track versions vote be done besides the vote for the two additional tracks? Or do we first have to prove that all versions work properly as they are? I could have some laps at Hungaroring 2011 and Hockenheim 1999 asap but I'm afraid it woun't happen before sunday or so.:(

The reason why I am rushing things is that I at this time usually would have a few servers open with the first rounds of next season. However, the two first rounds have 2 options (Hungaroring and Spa). For me we can just chose Spa2008 and the newest version of Hungaroring, and then people have to shout out if they see a reason why we cannot race those particular tracks?

Hockenheim, if that is to be our last round, there is no rush with in my view.

EDIT: I agree with Kennett that I prefer ingame tracks over custome made

I'll test the latest Hungaro today. Spa08 would be so much better with the grooves in it but that is not a deal breaker (woohoo, first time i get to use that wonderful phrase..Liz Lemon is the best..), it's good even without them. I haven't received any word from the author yet if he will update the track with my fixes.... Spa08 has been used so many times in races that i'm confident on it. I'm not sure but i have a faint memory of why Hungaro11 wasn't used, it might be a bug or simply someone discovered it too late to be incorporated in the schedule...

I feel like this topic takes unnecessarily much time
There are actually some other topics I would like to talk about but I feel like its better not to do all at once. :)
So I think the calendar down there that Nico and Kennett have created looks very very good now and we have 2 dates to vote on as last season for an email voting.
I would prefer an email voting with 2 votes for everyone as last season since I dont actually know enough tracks to rate them all, so I would simply pick about 7 tracks now for the vote and the next season use the rest of the tracks for the next vote.
Because there is always a next season :)

Little sidenote, Im still working on the vid (just have stupid final exams at the moment :)) and Im quite sure that it will be done untill sunday at the latest

22.8 –Presto - Race 1 – HUNGARY
uploaded 2011:http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=33712
uploaded 2007:http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7307
5.9 – Presto Race 2 – SPA
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=32697
12.9 – Presto Race 3 - MONZA
Ingame track
26.9 – Presto Race 4 – SINGAPORE
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=16767
10.10 – Presto Race 5 – SUZUKA
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7556
24.10 – Presto Race 6 - Vote 1
See list of voteable tracks
7.11 – Presto Race 7 - ABU DHABI
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=21806
21.11 – Presto Race 8 - Vote 2
See list of voteable tracks
25.12 – Presto Race 9 – Brazil
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=9362
19.12 – Presto Race 10 - HOCKENHEIM(new or 1999 layout?)
1999 version: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=12389
2004 version: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=12596

I feel like this topic takes unnecessarily much time
Then I shall help you along. As I see it we can vote from this list.

Paul Ricard
Watkins Glen
Imola
Magny Cours
A1 Ring
Estoril
Dijon
Cicada

Right now it makes more sense to me to not rush the vote and let people look up the tracks on the list if they wish. I will try to open servers for all of them, just need to download them. (or is there a reason I am not thinking of for deciding this asap?)

I would prefer an email voting with 2 votes for everyone as last season since I dont actually know enough tracks to rate them all
The vote will be done as I described a few days ago, because I think it is just as important to know what tracks people do not like to race as the once they do like to race.

ok then I will rate the 2 tracks I know end leave out the other tracks

Then your vote will be rendered void. Not to spite you, but thats what I always do when I hold a vote, I describe how the vote should be done and only accept votes that are accurate.

When we are a large group like we are we all need to pull in the same direction. You have many views and opinions, and that is ok, but you should respect the way we do things and not always challenge every small detail, that is one of the reasons why this is taking so long.

Don't you know the other tracks at least from real life? Not that you must have been there but TV? :) At least you can create a feeling when looking at the track map (layout) and let your thoughts play how racing could be there. Use your fantasy (if necesarry) and then give your votes to any track. :)

I've made a video of Estoril and will upload it asap too. I'll never understand why this track isn't recognized by many sim racers. It's tricky, it's accurate (Simbin track), it ahs been an F1 track in this layout for long and it's challenging because of many different types of corners (much overtaking expected).

Here we go. I used the Estoril 2007 version (located into "extra" tracks in GTR Evo, so everyone should have it.

Paul Ricard
Watkins Glen
Imola
Magny Cours
A1 Ring
Estoril
Istanbul
Dijon
Cicada

The vote will be done as I described a few days ago, because I think it is just as important to know what tracks people do not like to race as the once they do like to race.

Why don't we give 5-4-3-2-1 points to the 5 tracks we like the most from the list, and then add up? That way you don't have to blindly score tracks you are not familiar with.

As for the calendar ( will re-paste it here to have it visible):

22.8 –Presto - Race 1 – HUNGARY
5.9 – Presto Race 2 – SPA
12.9 – Presto Race 3 - MONZA
26.9 – Presto Race 4 – SINGAPORE
10.10 – Presto Race 5 – SUZUKA
24.10 – Presto Race 6 - Vote 1
7.11 – Presto Race 7 - ABU DHABI
21.11 – Presto Race 8 - Vote 2
25.12 – Presto Race 9 – Brazil
19.12 – Presto Race 10 - HOCKENHEIM

I will miss first two events (but I am not asking for any change, it is what it is). Actually I am quite OK with Monza in that particular week, the track is easy and I am familiar with it, so it fits perfectly for the first race I can get in.

@Reik Major
Well Kennett mentioned the bump in Blanchimot and Eau Rouge to be too tricky. I can only say that both can be handled with sensible driving and the correct line (like in real racing). If you enter the section wrong, you should initially lower speeds and be prepared to react properly, which is a matter of practice and experience I think.

It was me who mentioned the bumps. Actually only one bump, in Blanchimont (Eau Rouge is smooth as long as you don't touch a kerb). There is a line that will allow you to go trough flat out and remain on track, and I guess for you nailing it lap after lap is doable. For me unfortunately is playing lotto each time! But since I will skip that event in any case I don't mind, I just raised the issue so everybody could test it and decide.

Why don't we give 5-4-3-2-1 points to the 5 tracks we like the most from the list, and then add up? That way you don't have to blindly score tracks you are not familiar with.

EDIT: Istanbul was not supposed to be in the list, so there are 8 tracks.

In effect this will give the following score system: 5-4-3-2-1-0-0-0 instead of 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. The difference is very small in my view and will likely give the same result. I still marginally prefer 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, first and foremost because that is how we have done it earlier and it have worked very well but also because there are many that have an opinion of all tracks (even though they may not have raced them).

i agree with nico, this is taking far too long, we should all put our faith in nico that the new season will be as good or better than the rest, i'll always trust nico to come up with whats best for this league but throwing up as many suggestions as there is is only complicating matters at the moment for him, we need to remember who has kept this league going for 8 seasons and each season it gets better.

i propose no more mentions of track choices and votes, just let nico sort a vote out and deal with it when we get it in an email.

Then I shall help you along. As I see it we can vote from this list.

Paul Ricard
Watkins Glen
Imola
Magny Cours
A1 Ring
Estoril
Dijon
Cicada

Right now it makes more sense to me to not rush the vote and let people look up the tracks on the list if they wish. I will try to open servers for all of them, just need to download them. (or is there a reason I am not thinking of for deciding this asap?)

Good idea thanks Nico, no need more than 2 laps to know what to vote for .. do we download the tracks from my drive? ( Paul, Dijon, Cicada)..

Thanks Reik for the videos :thumbsup: Estoril not a bad track , i wonder why i have never been on this track before , not even with the public server guys .

Then your vote will be rendered void. Not to spite you, but thats what I always do when I hold a vote, I describe how the vote should be done and only accept votes that are accurate.

When we are a large group like we are we all need to pull in the same direction. You have many views and opinions, and that is ok, but you should respect the way we do things and not always challenge every small detail, that is one of the reasons why this is taking so long.
Im sorry Nico but my knowledge in tracks is simply not very big, thats what I was pointing out so I dont get the tone of your post.
Theres not much free time for me as Im doing my degree right now and I have no time to research the 6 other tracks so please render my vote void then.
Last years system was working perfectly well and fast and I didnt see anyone asking to change it, so it should make sense to ask why changing it now.
Even if I was accepting your decision in my last post and not criticising it, I think thats not how you should respond to constructive critcism.

i think before you start passing comment about "tones of post" and "constructive critisism" you should go back and check out "ok then I will rate the 2 tracks I know end leave out the other tracks" that post you made looked to me of someone who didnt agree with the decision and decided youll do as you please in the vote.

if nico posts he would like us to vote in a particular way then thats what we should do, not complicate matters for him and decide to vote how we like.

one thing your right about jonas is that last years system was working particularly well, but all ive seen in this thread is a hell of a lot of posts by you trying to change the format of the league and divisions and tracks and damage and whatever else, give nico a break sheeeeeeesh.

@jonas
The way I described the vote is the way we have voted the latest seasons. In the start we would vote the conventional way (the way you describe), but there was weakness' about this system so it evolved to the way we are voting today. The way we vote today also considers what tracks drivers do not wish to race, which is equally important as the tracks that are desired. This information is missed with a conventional vote. I would rather we race a track that 4 love and 16 are happy with than a track that 6 love and 14 hate if you get my point.

You seem to be under the impression that we voted your way last season, but this is not correct. We used exactly the same method as I have described.

The reason why I say I'll render your vote void if you refuse to give all tracks score is that it is impossible to use it. I cannot count blank as 0 for obvious reasons, nor can I decide the rest of the scores for you. So I cannot use the vote, you must give all tracks a score for it to work! I have made this point in earlier votes, so it was not ment as a "bite" at you.

I am sorry that my tone was a bit unfriendly, but I felt you were being difficult and taking a lot of time again arguing.

There are some great tracks in that list and if we keep adding more we might get a winner with 2 votes which is then not really representative

I think we will do a Presto special vote on this one, where we give all tracks a score. This is the best way to get the most popular track, but has the weakness of being susceptible for tactical voting. Fortunatly we can use the Gentlemans rule to instruct all not to vote tactical. (Voting tactical is to give top score to the track you want the most and lowest score to what you think is it's biggest opponent instead of the track you want the least. Voting like a Gentleman is to let the points be a true reflection of your liking of the tracks).

I would prefer an email voting with 2 votes for everyone as last season since I dont actually know enough tracks to rate them all,

Don't you know the other tracks at least from real life? Not that you must have been there but TV? :) At least you can create a feeling when looking at the track map (layout) and let your thoughts play how racing could be there. Use your fantasy (if necesarry) and then give your votes to any track. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea